Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 42
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 2.7t ME7.1 S4 (APB 8D0907551M-0002)  (Read 461596 times)
Carlo1170

« Reply #300 on: April 29, 2015, 10:54:49 AM »

I've attached my most recent log. Some things of mention:

-I'm getting timing retard, namely on cyl 4. I will address this as soon as I smooth out the boost.
-Seems like my requested vs. actual boost is pretty close per my logs.. Although it's no where near whats being requested per LDRXN
-Requested load vs. actual load is close.. but I can't seem to pinpoint exactly where these are coming from. I know its a combination of things, but how do I increase that to say follow closer to my LDRXN. Per the tuning wiki, at WOT the ECU typically follows those values. I think I'm hitting a load limit somewhere, and I can't seem to pinpoint it..

ddillenger

« Reply #301 on: April 29, 2015, 10:58:03 AM »

Look at KFTARX, and KFLDHBN. Finally, KFMIOP. Your limiting factor will be in one of those.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #302 on: April 29, 2015, 11:17:09 AM »

Stock KFMIOP is fine for stage 1. However, KFMIRL needs to request enough load at 80% torque request.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
FlyboyS4

« Reply #303 on: May 23, 2015, 05:59:48 PM »

Here's the current boost on a couple abbreviated pulls.  I'll get more/better data later, just posting as I'm back on the road.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #304 on: May 23, 2015, 07:25:38 PM »

Looking good, but that much underboost might cause a positive deviation code at some point.. will need to bring up IMX unless your wg is already at 95%

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #305 on: May 24, 2015, 12:45:28 AM »

Looking good, but that much underboost might cause a positive deviation code at some point.. will need to bring up IMX unless your wg is already at 95%

He won't get deviation from that. Not unless the MAF reading is way too coincide with actual boost.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
FlyboyS4

« Reply #306 on: May 24, 2015, 06:33:34 AM »

I'm pretty sure wgdc is not near 95%, but let me get a better set of data before taking more action.  I had upped IMX previously, mentioned in this post and shown below, do you think it needs more work potentially?

ddillenger

« Reply #307 on: May 24, 2015, 12:09:02 PM »

Log WGDC on one axis, boost (desired and actual) on the other. Post a screenshot.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
FlyboyS4

« Reply #308 on: May 24, 2015, 02:10:01 PM »

Boost from above post with wgdc added.

ddillenger

« Reply #309 on: May 24, 2015, 09:57:11 PM »

Need more I-limit. Raise DIMX

Looks to be 83-85 percent in the undershoot areas.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #310 on: May 25, 2015, 12:19:54 PM »

Post logs with I contribution and I limiters...

ECUx Plot

FlyboyS4

« Reply #311 on: May 26, 2015, 07:21:29 PM »

Need more I-limit. Raise DIMX

Looks to be 83-85 percent in the undershoot areas.

Post logs with I contribution and I limiters...

If you guys could include the 'why' it might make this discussion more educational.  Just saying raise this, log that, doesn't tell the reader the reason for doing these things and leaves a person with just following the step-by-step without the benefit of knowing why things are being done.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #312 on: May 26, 2015, 07:52:12 PM »

Post logs and I will explain with graphs. Also, review the tuning page:

If your actual boost is not meeting requested boost, you may have to increase the PID I limit for 850 and 1000mBar. In general, you want KFLDIMX to follow what you expect your WGDC to be in the steady state, so after peak boost, you should set this to where you want the WGDC to settle. Note that PID trims (I-Regulation adaptation) may alter this limit.

Once D is zero, and P is no longer changing, I+P is steady state. If I is too low, you'll have persistent underboost, regardless of P, since as it approaches 0 (lde=0) I represents the sole contributor to wgdc.. Always post the logs, and I can post graphs showing what is wrong. Also, google "integrator windup" in the PID control context.

The main thing to realize is that the PID trims are all done via altering the I-limit... which means the I limiter (along with the linearization map KFLDRL) is the primary place to do PID tuning.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 07:58:03 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

FlyboyS4

« Reply #313 on: June 01, 2015, 07:04:28 PM »

Thanks Nye.

Here's a better set of data, hopefully with pertinent variables.

Nef10 CSV File Log
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #314 on: June 01, 2015, 07:39:33 PM »

Hey guys just wanted to throw my hat in for the effort.

2000 6mt car running the Bosch mbox software daz posted. So far I've done the AFR tweak, RPM tweak, and prelim boost tweak, I've been using the xdf Daz posted for Nefstage1 also did the post cat o2 tweaks from daz xdf as my car has a downpipe back exhaust with no cats.

I haven't tweaked Timing yet, but I'll be contributing my logs from here on as well.

I'm in Central FL, so we should be able to get some good warm weather info.

BTW just a dumb question but is it OK to switch xdf for the same tune IE: start on Nefstage1 then progress to a more open xdf once I need to explore other variables?

(Gmail/Google Chat/Hangouts) - alexswaine(at)gmail(dot)com
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: