Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 42
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 2.7t ME7.1 S4 (APB 8D0907551M-0002)  (Read 462290 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #390 on: June 19, 2015, 05:40:18 PM »

Request: can you add rlsol_w to the log?

Need to figure out if rlmax is capping rlsol or not.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
FlyboyS4

« Reply #391 on: June 19, 2015, 06:13:17 PM »

Sure, I'll include it with the next log.

and I'll add misopl1 too. 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 05:43:39 AM by FlyboyS4 » Logged
FlyboyS4

« Reply #392 on: July 02, 2015, 02:05:06 PM »

Here's a slightly further tweaked LDRXN.  Black line is new, red is the last revision.

and the results in 76F temps.

Here's the Nef 12 g data file, (with rlsol_w, but not misopl1 added).
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #393 on: July 02, 2015, 02:42:36 PM »

Did you ever make changes to DIMX you mentioned?

(Gmail/Google Chat/Hangouts) - alexswaine(at)gmail(dot)com
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #394 on: July 02, 2015, 03:14:37 PM »

That looks FAN tastic! Good job dude.

Looks like we may be able to add a bit of timing even!

Although I am concerned about the injector duty up top, we are plumb out of fuel. Any chance you can get a wideband?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 03:16:40 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
FlyboyS4

« Reply #395 on: July 02, 2015, 06:29:21 PM »

Did you ever make changes to DIMX you mentioned?

I have not messed with DIMX since revision 12 A.  I'm going to see if I can rein in the overboost from 4000-5000 rpm by dropping DIMX a little there.

That looks FAN tastic! Good job dude.

Looks like we may be able to add a bit of timing even!

Although I am concerned about the injector duty up top, we are plumb out of fuel. Any chance you can get a wideband?

Thanks, that change worked out pretty fast.

I have a wideband wired up, I just did not log it on this latest time out.  The AFR has been quite rich, I was wondering if the ambient temps were playing into that.  I'll log AFR next time out and post the results.  It looks to me like some fuel could be pulled out.  Also the boost is dropping pretty rapidly after 4000 rpm, with the intent of not running out of fuel.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #396 on: July 02, 2015, 07:01:23 PM »

I have a wideband wired up, I just did not log it on this latest time out.  The AFR has been quite rich, I was wondering if the ambient temps were playing into that.  I'll log AFR next time out and post the results.

It looks like BTS kicking in, but need to log lamfa just in case. Nothing wrong with 11.5 .. if anything it means we can add some timing.

fyi, in case you are missing any ram vars:

http://files.s4wiki.com/ME7L-ecu/my_8D0907551M.ecu

ECUx Plot

SB_GLI

« Reply #397 on: July 03, 2015, 07:01:28 AM »

I have not messed with DIMX since revision 12 A.  I'm going to see if I can rein in the overboost from 4000-5000 rpm by dropping DIMX a little there.

Don't touch DIMX.  Your last logs look close to perfect as far as the boost profile goes.  I wouldn't touch a thing, but if you must, just pull a little from kfldrl and call it good.
FlyboyS4

« Reply #398 on: July 03, 2015, 07:48:23 AM »

Don't touch DIMX.  Your last logs look close to perfect as far as the boost profile goes.  I wouldn't touch a thing, but if you must, just pull a little from kfldrl and call it good.

Thus far we have not touched KFLDRL (Map for linearization of boost pressure), not even mentioned it or what it does.  Could you explain what it does and why it would be the table to change, as opposed to DIMX, and how we might go about modifying the table?  My hope is that we can educate along the way, not just show a step by step to making a tune.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #399 on: July 03, 2015, 10:11:34 AM »

Stock KFLDRL should be fine, it is calibrated for K03s with stock wastegates. Discussion of KFLDRL is already all over the rest of this site (not to mention the wiki, and any other place which discusses PIDs) and IMO beyond the scope of this thread.

ECUx Plot

FlyboyS4

« Reply #400 on: July 04, 2015, 05:37:42 PM »

I doubt AFR is much different now than in this post since all I have been working on is the initial boost rise.

Assuming that is the case, some further changes to timing are in order?
ddillenger

« Reply #401 on: July 04, 2015, 10:25:28 PM »

Don't touch DIMX.  Your last logs look close to perfect as far as the boost profile goes.  I wouldn't touch a thing.

Need to look at I-limit adaptations to determine if this statement is correct. They can disguise very large discrepancies.

pull a little from kfldrl and call it good.

Negative. DRL represents an ideal calibration for the stock wastegates. It should not be touched in this case.

It looks like BTS kicking in.........Nothing wrong with 11.5 .. if anything it means we can add some timing.

Lean it out, add more timing. If we can do that EGT's will come down, we can leave TABGBTS relatively low (I'd recommend 750, maybe 800C) and maintain enrichment, but only as needed. I'd also suggest adding a few more variables to the cfg file:

tabgm            ;{EGTModelBeforeCat}                ; {Abgastemperatur vor Kat aus Modell}
b_tabgbts       ;{CondEGTForPartProtection}        ; {Bedingung Abgastemperatur für Bauteileschutz überschritten}

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
FlyboyS4

« Reply #402 on: July 05, 2015, 07:01:04 AM »

Need to look at I-limit adaptations to determine if this statement is correct. They can disguise very large discrepancies.

Are you referring to the exercise we did comparing I-Max to WGDC?  Continue to refine that?

Lean it out, add more timing. If we can do that EGT's will come down, we can leave TABGBTS relatively low (I'd recommend 750, maybe 800C) and maintain enrichment, but only as needed. I'd also suggest adding a few more variables to the cfg file:

tabgm            ;{EGTModelBeforeCat}                ; {Abgastemperatur vor Kat aus Modell}
b_tabgbts       ;{CondEGTForPartProtection}        ; {Bedingung Abgastemperatur für Bauteileschutz überschritten}

1. Lean it via LAMFA - Try to get closer to 11.5 on the wideband?
2. Increase timing via KFZW/KFZW2 - Do this until I see some timing retard and hold there or pull back slightly?
3. TABGBTS (EGT Threshold for component protection) is not something we have touched thus far.  Current value is 499.99C, what's the reason for raising it?  If EGT's are going to come down with the changes to fuel & timing why would we need to raise the EGT threshold?
4. I'll add tabgm, tabgm2, and B_tabgbts to the config file.
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #403 on: July 05, 2015, 07:06:25 AM »

If we are leaning fuel afr should go up not down.

Last I saw we were targeting 12.5 lamfa, 11.5 would be richer.

(Gmail/Google Chat/Hangouts) - alexswaine(at)gmail(dot)com
FlyboyS4

« Reply #404 on: July 05, 2015, 05:54:06 PM »

Last I saw we were targeting 12.5 lamfa, 11.5 would be richer.

That's what the value in the table is, but at the tail pipe it's much richer.  I'm going to modify the table to get the actual reading closer to 11.5.  If things look good at 11.5 I can try and lean it out to 12.5.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: