Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 42
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 2.7t ME7.1 S4 (APB 8D0907551M-0002)  (Read 472372 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #435 on: July 08, 2015, 03:18:31 PM »

What I have logged is contained in the data file linked above, I can add more variables if there are specific ones needed in addition to what I am already logging.

Which ones do you think would be appropriate, if we are looking to log BTS?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
FlyboyS4

« Reply #436 on: July 08, 2015, 04:44:37 PM »

What could cause (high injector ms/ low DC) at lower rpms? My injector logs look so different then Flyboy

Looking at your old logs, compared to one of my logs, I cannot figure why for the same IAT, and MAP, your MAF reading is much lower.

EDIT: I wonder if the airflow difference traces back to the Bosch (yours) versus Hitachi (mine) MAF sensors?

Leaned about a half a dozen cells in KFLBTS, new AFR curve looks like:

« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 06:44:31 PM by FlyboyS4 » Logged
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #437 on: July 08, 2015, 06:54:48 PM »

Looking at your old logs, compared to one of my logs, I cannot figure why for the same IAT, and MAP, your MAF reading is much lower.
couldbe the Bosch VS hitachi MAF...

I've spent some time looking at your log Nef 13 vs the last one I had taken comparing variables one by one and it seems that my results are more similar than previously thought. The auto range of ECUxPlot was making it weird for me.

I'm trolling the previous pages of this thread to incorporate  the last changes.

Side note, my car still uses stock EGT sensors if this info will help our current developments

« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 07:40:25 PM by therealnap0le0n » Logged

(Gmail/Google Chat/Hangouts) - alexswaine(at)gmail(dot)com
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #438 on: July 08, 2015, 06:59:03 PM »

I've spent some time looking at your log Nef 13 vs the last one I had taken comparing variables one by one and it seems that my results are more similar than previously thought. The auto range of ECUxPlot was making it weird for me.

You can load two log files in one graph, you know.

BTW please, in the future, can we put these digressions in a different thread?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #439 on: July 08, 2015, 07:37:52 PM »

You can load two log files in one graph, you know.

Yes, I did know, I'm not sure what had confused me previously. And I apologize I'm just trying to keep up with the thread to keep my revisions current so I might be able to learn/contribute what I can. I think I'll keep the sidebars off to emails with flyboy.

again im sorry

(Gmail/Google Chat/Hangouts) - alexswaine(at)gmail(dot)com
tjwasiak

« Reply #440 on: July 08, 2015, 08:02:32 PM »

(...)
Leaned about a half a dozen cells in KFLBTS, new AFR curve looks like:

Is it any different that before? It is still pig rich from 4500 RPM so your fuelling issue should not be due to KFLBTS but it might still be BTS related...
We really need all lambda requestes logged and plotted as for now we are tuning blindly IMHO. I am quite sure that after checking which lambda request is responsible for this situation further logging would be needed to find real cause of that issue.
FlyboyS4

« Reply #441 on: July 08, 2015, 08:24:15 PM »

Is it any different that before? It is still pig rich from 4500 RPM so your fuelling issue should not be due to KFLBTS but it might still be BTS related...
We really need all lambda requestes logged and plotted as for now we are tuning blindly IMHO. I am quite sure that after checking which lambda request is responsible for this situation further logging would be needed to find real cause of that issue.

It's about a half a point leaner than before, which is about what I would have expected given the minimal degree of change that I made.

Tell me the variables to log and I'll include them.

I don't think the discussion is a digression to the topic.  It's raising other considerations related to trying to modify a tune.  I hope we're aren't trying to make a tune that works only on my car, because that's a waste of time.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #442 on: July 08, 2015, 10:05:51 PM »

Tell me the variables to log and I'll include them.

Which variable is lamda request from BTS/ATR?

ECUx Plot

FlyboyS4

« Reply #443 on: July 09, 2015, 12:14:56 PM »

Which variable is lamda request from BTS/ATR?

lambts_w   ?

and lamfawkr_w  is for KR?
FlyboyS4

« Reply #444 on: July 09, 2015, 06:48:09 PM »

Leaned out the KFLBTS a little more.

Have also:
1. Upped LDRXN a little more at the start.  Think this is about it for changes to this.
2. Altered DIMX pretty significantly.  Is this where I start modifying the Q2 term to control the overshoot?
3. Added some timing to lower engine load regions.
4. Logged the two variables I mentioned above, are those what should have been logged for the BTS work?
5. Accelerated in 6th to about 3000 rpm to see what would happen.

Nef-14a data file
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #445 on: July 09, 2015, 06:56:32 PM »

2. Altered DIMX pretty significantly.  Is this where I start modifying the Q2 term to control the overshoot?

No. IMX is still too high.

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #446 on: July 09, 2015, 07:00:25 PM »

Also, obviously we need dlamatr and dlamatr2 to see if BTS is truly from BTS or ATR

Bump

ECUx Plot

FlyboyS4

« Reply #447 on: July 09, 2015, 07:19:41 PM »

Thanks, I'll add those variables.

Regarding LDRXN, below 2000 rpm it's almost stock like, I'm wondering if the abrupt spike upward is causing the lower rpm part throttle drivability to suffer.  Part throttle acceleration is not particularly smooth.  I'm wondering if I raise LDRXN a bit more in the region below 2000 rpm if it might smooth out some of the abruptness?   
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #448 on: July 09, 2015, 07:21:50 PM »

Thanks, I'll add those variables.

Regarding LDRXN, below 2000 rpm it's almost stock like, I'm wondering if the abrupt spike upward is causing the lower rpm part throttle drivability to suffer.  Part throttle acceleration is not particularly smooth.  I'm wondering if I raise LDRXN a bit more in the region below 2000 rpm if it might smooth out some of the abruptness?   

smooth is always good, but I doubt we're ever near LDRXN <2000rpm

ECUx Plot

FlyboyS4

« Reply #449 on: July 09, 2015, 07:25:38 PM »

smooth is always good, but I doubt we're ever near LDRXN <2000rpm

Agreed, just tossing ideas around for how to get it a bit smoother.  I may give it a try to see what happens, but any other suggestions for routes to take that are more likely to work I am open to trying.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: