Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 2.7t ME7.1 S4 (APB 8D0907551M-0002)  (Read 462149 times)
FlyboyS4

« Reply #450 on: July 10, 2015, 02:03:03 PM »

Here's the Nef-14a vs Nef-4 AFR's.

What's I find interesting is that the EGT curve is nearly the same for each tune, so apparently something else is also coming into play to drive the AFR rich with the most recent revisions.  I guess that would possibly be the higher engine load.  BTS variables have been added to my config file for the next time out.

Nef 4 vs Nef 14a additional charts
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #451 on: July 10, 2015, 03:18:18 PM »

Are those curves logged from your wideband?

(Gmail/Google Chat/Hangouts) - alexswaine(at)gmail(dot)com
FlyboyS4

« Reply #452 on: July 10, 2015, 04:37:04 PM »

Are those curves logged from your wideband?

Yes
FlyboyS4

« Reply #453 on: July 10, 2015, 08:02:46 PM »

Nef-14b data file includes:
1. Revert back to the Nef-12G DIMX profile.
2. Increase of LDRXN below 2000 rpm. - This change does seem to have smoothed out the part throttle acceleration at rpm's around 1800-2000.  Only drove a short time but that's the initial impression over the standard route I take.

Here are screen shots of the current settings:

TABGBTS is set to 800C.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #454 on: July 10, 2015, 11:55:21 PM »

TABGBTS is set to 800C.

Interesting. I don't see any ATR but BTS is triggering pretty low (725C).

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #455 on: July 11, 2015, 11:22:19 PM »

2. Increase of LDRXN below 2000 rpm. - This change does seem to have smoothed out the part throttle acceleration at rpm's around 1800-2000.  Only drove a short time but that's the initial impression over the standard route I take.

[img]http://www.myaudis4.com/tuning_images/nef14/nef-14b_ldrxn.png[img]

[img]http://www.myaudis4.com/tuning_images/nef14/nef-14b_dimx.png[img]

[img]http://www.myaudis4.com/tuning_images/nef14/nef-14b_kfzw.png[img]

[img]http://www.myaudis4.com/tuning_images/nef14/nef-14b_kflbts.png[img]

TABGBTS is set to 800C.

i did a pull with these settings here are my results, it seems that I have a bit of timing being pulled to knock and still seem to have a severe boost spike with DIMX settings above stock

this is with the current community tune settings Jeff posted

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #456 on: July 12, 2015, 12:41:59 PM »

And interestingly a lot of real EGT activity which isn't adding fuel via ATR

Also I max is high, even on flyboy's car, so it is no surprise you are overboosting even more.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #457 on: July 12, 2015, 01:05:08 PM »

And interestingly a lot of real EGT activity which isn't adding fuel via ATR

Also I max is high, even on flyboy's car, so it is no surprise you are overboosting even more.
yea, I will pull imax down uniformly. I did notice the difference in bts enrichment in his car vs mine. As of right now I'm running an mbox bin that has the MAF adjustments for a Bosch sensor but it is not the bin Daz posted in the beginning of the thread. I do have that bin and can compare its egt enrichment tables to mine .

Lost

« Reply #458 on: July 12, 2015, 03:19:49 PM »

TABGBTS is set to 800C.

Your DIMX is too high everyware. What is the baropressure when those logs are taken?? If it is low - much under usual - you can expect when baropressure raises your overboost is gonna be even higher and car gonna run leaner.
Turn down DIMX from 2700-5000rm you will gain some fuel IDC and overfueling is EGT protection. As suggested BTS upp to 800 and do LOG again.
Also i would add more fuel in spool.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 03:22:19 PM by Mocke » Logged
FlyboyS4

« Reply #459 on: July 12, 2015, 04:37:09 PM »

Your DIMX is too high everyware. What is the baropressure when those logs are taken?? If it is low - much under usual - you can expect when baropressure raises your overboost is gonna be even higher and car gonna run leaner.
Turn down DIMX from 2700-5000rm you will gain some fuel IDC and overfueling is EGT protection. As suggested BTS upp to 800 and do LOG again.
Also i would add more fuel in spool.

My car is not overboosting with these settings, it's therealnap0le0n that is seeing the overboost. 

I have TABGBTS set to 800C.

What method do you recommend for adding fuel during spool?  Thus far we've addressed fueling via LAMFA and only just started to consider possibly using BTS.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #460 on: July 12, 2015, 08:57:38 PM »

My car is not overboosting with these settings

IIRC your last few logs had significant overshoot.

What method do you recommend for adding fuel during spool?  Thus far we've addressed fueling via LAMFA and only just started to consider possibly using BTS.

Unfortunately BTS can't really be used during spool.. your only choice is LAMFA.

ECUx Plot

Lost

« Reply #461 on: July 13, 2015, 01:01:03 AM »

You do overshoot all over the place. And it leans your AFR. Use FKKVS for adding fuel before and under spool.
Look at your injectors  where in ms it comes in time. Then you tune FKKVS in those regions.
FlyboyS4

« Reply #462 on: July 13, 2015, 03:50:10 AM »

Ok.  Like I said above, I went back to the Nef-12G DIMX settings that got this feedback, but I can resume making changes if needed.

Unfortunately BTS can't really be used during spool.. your only choice is LAMFA.

Ok.  I'll be unable to do any updates for a couple of weeks but will plan some additional changes to implement shortly.
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #463 on: July 13, 2015, 05:42:21 AM »

you're correct but I've been working on my tune as we go along and have managed the overshoot a bit with stock DIMX settings. I've been hesitant to post logs of those runs as to not clutter the thread with alternative settings from flyboy In order to really compare a "universal" community tune.

I think flyboy will be taking some time for personal things so I'll try to continue where he left off and between the two cars come up with a happy medium. I'll take some time tonight to reread the boost PID section so I can tackle that,
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 05:44:42 AM by therealnap0le0n » Logged

therealnap0le0n

« Reply #464 on: July 13, 2015, 05:46:29 AM »

now that this is getting really in-depth what are we considering "stage 1" and "stage 2" of the community tune? And are we going to take on a "stage 3" major hardware upgrades tune ie: turbo, injector, etc?

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: