Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 42
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 2.7t ME7.1 S4 (APB 8D0907551M-0002)  (Read 473712 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #480 on: July 14, 2015, 07:56:27 PM »

I'll defer to dd on the egt issue. I'm fine with numbing BTS to keep AFR from dipping too low if he is.

Other than that i'd say we're pretty close to done.

What would be nice is a dyno at this point. stock vs tune. same dyno, same day.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #481 on: July 14, 2015, 08:11:04 PM »

I see no problem with it. Best chance we have of making something fairly universal.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #482 on: July 14, 2015, 08:46:39 PM »

I'll try to address Imax Tom and based on the feel of the car I'd say it's good as a "universal community tune".

(Gmail/Google Chat/Hangouts) - alexswaine(at)gmail(dot)com
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #483 on: July 14, 2015, 11:50:26 PM »

TABGBTS - Threshold for KFLBTS. Unless calculated EGTs are above this threshold, KFLBTS is ignored. You may have to lower TABGBTS if you have a scaled MAF, since calculated EGTs will be artificially low.       

While reading the wiki i noticed this, could this be the reason flyboy has BTS enrichment and I do not?

Lost

« Reply #484 on: July 15, 2015, 01:30:49 AM »

What's the goal of enriching AFR during spool in my case?

You mentioned this a few times now:

Where are you seeing the AFR being too lean?

I would aim at 12AFR at spool and raise it gradually to 12.5 all the way.  In a sence coming in cooler throu the rpms.
I have tried both lean spool and rich, and rich has worked better for me as lean cosed loosing Power.
The Point is - there is more ways than one doing this.

I dont see your AFR leaning out now, but my Point was as i asked:  What was baro pressure when you took these logs?? Medium for where you live, high or low?
I am at almoust sea level where middle baro p is 1000mbar. If i tune a car on low baro pressure ex 980 mbar, i have too consider that it will be Days that baro is 1020mbar. That will couse a lot of overboost if i tuned the car with some overboost at low baro pressure day. Bc the N75 takes the ATM p as a refference.
This will couse AFR the lean out of course.

Cheers

ddillenger

« Reply #485 on: July 15, 2015, 01:56:40 AM »

Mocke, presumably you understand how turbochargers operatePlease explain to me how running richer.

The Point is - there is more ways than one doing this.
]]

Agreed. Many different ways, but very few of them are correct.

I'm going to split all of this into a separate top

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #486 on: July 15, 2015, 11:35:56 AM »

On a side, note could the reason Flyboy and I have different BTS enrichment be due to him having a Hitachi MAF and I have a Bosch, thus the EGT model being off?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #487 on: July 15, 2015, 11:41:27 AM »

On a side, note could the reason Flyboy and I have different BTS enrichment be due to him having a Hitachi MAF and I have a Bosch, thus the EGT model being off?

Unless your load readings are drastically different (they shouldn't be), no

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #488 on: July 15, 2015, 11:45:17 AM »

Well it seems to me that i have hurt some egos here, Dont bother,
I dont give a shit. You can run your show guys.
This is rediculous.

Not at all man. No egos or feelings hurt. We've spoken quite a bit, you know I have nothing against you.

The issue is this thread is to teach good practices. The advice you are giving is hovering somewhere between uninformed and dangerous. Not to mention it's off topic.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #489 on: July 15, 2015, 11:50:19 AM »

Unless your load readings are drastically different (they shouldn't be), no
OK so to clarify the s4 wiki, the BTS offset for MAF scaling would be in the case of scaling a larger housing?

ddillenger

« Reply #490 on: July 15, 2015, 11:57:13 AM »

OK so to clarify the s4 wiki, the BTS offset for MAF scaling would be in the case of scaling a larger housing?

I have never seen BTS be affected by MAF scaling. Does anyone have the source of this?

I have seen MAF scaling completely wack timing tables, which affects EGT's, which then affects BTS, but I don't think that's what's being referenced here.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Lost

« Reply #491 on: July 15, 2015, 12:02:42 PM »

Nothing is of topic here. You are blowing things way out of proportion. My advice is nowhere near dangeous in any way.
You are free to delite my inputs and dont forgett a couple of more karisma minus.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #492 on: July 15, 2015, 12:09:07 PM »

I have never seen BTS be affected by MAF scaling. Does anyone have the source of this?

I have seen MAF scaling completely wack timing tables, which affects EGT's, which then affects BTS, but I don't think that's what's being referenced here.

MAF scaling will also move load around, which also changes the EGT model.

Plus obviously load is an input to every BTS table Smiley

ECUx Plot

ddillenger

« Reply #493 on: July 15, 2015, 12:10:33 PM »

If you are saying that I have smited you, You are incorrect. I don't smite anyone. Only applaud.

And like I said, not deleting anything, just moving the talk about spool characteristics and methods out of the stage2 thread. K03s already spool instantly, there is no need to discuss that here.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #494 on: July 15, 2015, 01:47:59 PM »

From the S4 wiki, maybe I am misunderstanding

TABGBTS - Threshold for KFLBTS. Unless calculated EGTs are above this threshold, KFLBTS is ignored. You may have to lower TABGBTS if you have a scaled MAF, since calculated EGTs will be artificially low.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 01:54:42 PM by therealnap0le0n » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: