Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 42
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 2.7t ME7.1 S4 (APB 8D0907551M-0002)  (Read 476339 times)
shuffled

« Reply #510 on: July 26, 2015, 06:33:45 PM »

On that Stage 2 page the KFTARX table to the left only shows the delta values from stock.  The zeroes are where I did not make any changes from stock.  Only the locations circled in blue were changed.  The table to the right shows the KFTARX values I ended up with after applying the adjustments from the left table to the stock values.  Your screen shot looks to be the unaltered stock values.

That's right, I did not change them, I understand now it's the changed values, I will proceed.  Thanks!
shuffled

« Reply #511 on: July 27, 2015, 08:55:00 AM »

I made the changes to my tables last night based off the Stage 2 portion of your website Flyboy, I just need to finalize the installation of my AEM wideband and boost gauges before I go any further as safety precautions.

Is that as up to date as it is right now at 15psi and modifying those tables? 

I'm going to get some more logging done to make sure my runs are consistent as they stand.  I went out for a drive last night and intended to do some logging, but was happy enough just to drive it so I didn't grab anything more.
FlyboyS4

« Reply #512 on: July 27, 2015, 03:57:58 PM »

I made the changes to my tables last night based off the Stage 2 portion of your website Flyboy, I just need to finalize the installation of my AEM wideband and boost gauges before I go any further as safety precautions.

Is that as up to date as it is right now at 15psi and modifying those tables? 

I'm going to get some more logging done to make sure my runs are consistent as they stand.  I went out for a drive last night and intended to do some logging, but was happy enough just to drive it so I didn't grab anything more.

My summary on that page is lagging, there have been about a dozen tweaks made since then.  The closer you get to where we are currently at the more fluid the changes become as we are trying different things to see the results produced.

This post has the last changes I made to LDRXN (boost profile) and a few other tables.  The discussion has wandered a bit since then so there are a lot of posts but not much change.  You may want to leave TABGBTS at the stock level as that is an area of uncertainty presently.  I think therealnap0le0n has incorporated these changes, with the exception of a lower DIMX setting, closer to stock.
therealnap0le0n

« Reply #513 on: August 01, 2015, 06:37:08 AM »

Yes the only deviation I have from Flyboy is DIMX is lower almost stock, and my timing tables are basicly stock as well. For what ever reason my car overboosted on initial ramp with extra DIMX and I had a ton of knock with altered timing.

As of right now my car decided to blow the lower control arm ball joint apart so its garaged for now, I bought a 2011 q5 as a daily two days ago. When I get the control arm in I can begin testing again

(Gmail/Google Chat/Hangouts) - alexswaine(at)gmail(dot)com
FlyboyS4

« Reply #514 on: August 01, 2015, 12:29:23 PM »

I'd like to try and understand why the MAF and IDC values are significantly different between my car and the other two presently active cars.  To bring our cars closer in setup I can swap back to the stock EGT sensors, and try a Bosch RS4 MAF.
shuffled

« Reply #515 on: August 04, 2015, 09:08:33 AM »

I think I got caught up to date on my bin file with all the changes from the later portions of this thread.

I'm going to grab some more logs tonight after work of my current bin just for historic sake, and flash the new bin and grab some more.
shuffled

« Reply #516 on: August 04, 2015, 04:20:33 PM »

So, I grabbed some logs with my new bin using all the values changed:

http://streetandtrack.ca/afterhours/tuning/s4/log1-aug4.csv

That's a huge boost spike, nap0lean is that what you were talking about?

I then re-flashed back to my old bin and took logs again:

http://streetandtrack.ca/afterhours/tuning/s4/log2-aug4.csv
FlyboyS4

« Reply #517 on: August 04, 2015, 04:57:11 PM »

So, I grabbed some logs with my new bin using all the values changed:

http://streetandtrack.ca/afterhours/tuning/s4/log1-aug4.csv

That's a huge boost spike, nap0lean is that what you were talking about?

I then re-flashed back to my old bin and took logs again:

http://streetandtrack.ca/afterhours/tuning/s4/log2-aug4.csv

What values did you use for LDRXN?  Your requested boost line is well below what I've got.  We've been pushing LDRXN up to try and get the requested line to match the actual boost.
shuffled

« Reply #518 on: August 04, 2015, 05:22:20 PM »

This was one of the last things I modified because it was one of the last posts I found (I ended up going through the full thread and tracking down all changes and adjustments)
FlyboyS4

« Reply #519 on: August 04, 2015, 06:05:07 PM »

The most recent settings are:

116.58   133.64   155.16   180.43   191.79   197.68   198.05   191.79   185.00   175.01   170.70   163.97   155.16   146.91   142.43   131.93

Can you add B_tabgbts to the variables you are logging?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 06:20:00 PM by FlyboyS4 » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #520 on: August 04, 2015, 07:49:12 PM »

Can you keep the first message updated with the latest bin? It is impossible to track what is going on right now for people new to the thread.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
FlyboyS4

« Reply #521 on: August 04, 2015, 08:23:58 PM »

Can you keep the first message updated with the latest bin? It is impossible to track what is going on right now for people new to the thread.

Sure, I updated the first post with the bin that has the last changes.  I did notice the KFKHFM table is set to ones, which I don't see mention of in the thread, probably was a result of an off-forum discussion.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 06:00:07 PM by FlyboyS4 » Logged
shuffled

« Reply #522 on: August 05, 2015, 05:29:58 PM »

Thanks for posting it, I downloaded and modified the EGT and MAF sensor locations back to Stock and Bosch.  my car did NOT like that bin.

Started up fine, idled fine, I gave it a bit of gas to make sure it would respond nicely, and it stuttered and bucked a bit... took it around the block, same thing, 2nd gear a bit of gas to just get moving and it bucked HARD.  So I pulled back into the garage to reflash it back.

After that, I checked your latest LDRXN values and modified my latest file (the one with the big boost spikes that I posted) and reflashed and took some logs.  It feels smooth and strong (other than some weird issues where if I'm kind of half rolling it on and it doesn't bring boost on, N/A pull lol, need to do more logging and general driving though to begin to track this one down, happened 2 times in the span of 5 minutes of driving).

Here's a pull from the night, and I added that B_tabgbts to the logging.
http://streetandtrack.ca/afterhours/tuning/s4/log2-aug5.csv
FlyboyS4

« Reply #523 on: August 05, 2015, 07:00:07 PM »

I noticed you don't have tabgm2 in your config.

In general your results look close to mine.  Intake temps were greater for you. 

I think I need to return the KFKHFM table I'm using to the stock values before I make any more judgments about how my setup compares to yours.  You may want to follow therealnap0le0n's suggestion for DIMX and see if that doesn't help with the initial overshoot.
shuffled

« Reply #524 on: August 07, 2015, 04:38:32 AM »

I modified my config to include tabgm2, I guess it's safe to just keep enabling items and never disabling them with new bins / configs? is there an upper limit to the number of items it can log at a time?

As for my intake temps, I'm not running the stock airbox from the b6 a4.  There's a "ram air" filter attached to the corrugated intake piping and it's sitting where the piping stops and probably sucking in hot air from the rad.  I'll look into my options to get cooler air from below into the intake.

I've lowered my DIMX back to the original values from the Mbox bin provided.  I will flash it this morning and grab some logs and upload before I leave town for the weekend. For transparency, these are the values that were suggested previously:

And these are the values from the stock MBOX that I'll be trying:

« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 04:45:21 AM by shuffled » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: