Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: P0602/P1681 Control Module Programming Not Finished - Workaround for ME7.1.1/7.5  (Read 57267 times)
turboat

Good work guys Smiley
SB_GLI

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 04:43:47 AM »

A very bad idea, 126 Results with your Hex String, the string i posted is to be used in winols 8bit hex search.

Okay, yeah, you are very right.  I was fooled by my hex editor program not jumping to the next match when I searched again and thought there was only one result.   My bad.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

Nice!

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
turboat

Is it worth putting together a 'features that should be included in Nef' thread, in case Tony opensources it, or starts developing again?
nyet
Administrator

Would it be worth adding this feature to ME7Sum?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
SB_GLI

Is it worth putting together a 'features that should be included in Nef' thread, in case Tony opensources it, or starts developing again?

Yes, and hopefully he just open sources it.  Smiley
SB_GLI

Would it be worth adding this feature to ME7Sum?

Considering ME7Sum only works on ME7.1 as of now, and the issue is (primarily I think) with ME 7.1.1 and ME 7.5.....  I don't think it'd make much sense.
ddillenger

Correct, this function does not exist in the dinosaur that is ME7.1

Tongue

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

I would say yes.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

Recently we've talked about getting a P1681 fault accompanied by a no-start condition after reading/writing certain files. Here's the fix.

Open your file in a hex editor and find the follwing string:

"DB 00 28 02 84 00 ?? ?? C2 F4 ?? ?? 66 F4 80 00 2D"

After finding this, change the last byte from 2D to 0D

Example:

Before:
F4   80   00   2D   0D   E6   F4   F0   A5

After:
F4   80   00   0D   0D   E6   F4   F0   A5

Thanks ddillinger for this cool feature! Smiley

As always, make sure to correct checksums before flashing.

I spent some free time for last week going through the assembly code for the 2004 Allroad 4z7905551S and comparing it to the 2001 S4 8D0907551M. The memory address you are changing is for a function I have been looking at. The memory address is for code inside the function that sets the error code  P1681 for programming not complete. The change suggested will make the function never set the error code. I have yet to find where in code this function is called from or how the variable that is checked to control the conditional jump gets set. I'm hoping that when my Allroad ECU arrives in the mail I can get it fully tested an figured out.

PS: I'm also planning to eventually release as open source all of the reverse engineering work I have done disassembling the 2001 S4 ECU code.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 07:54:10 PM by Tony@NefMoto » Logged

Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
SB_GLI

Good to see things moving forward!!!!  Thanks Tony!
nyet
Administrator

2nd. Thank you for your time, Tony!

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
fourdrsleeper206

This information couldn't be any more timely for me.  I just spent this weekend fighting P1681 on my allroad that's been down for 9months for a Stage3 upgrade, and this was the last hurdle I came across.  I managed to get past it with a lucky combination of flashing and reading, but it's great to know I can "fix" it and greatly simplify the tuning process.  Thanks for sharing, guys!
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

This information couldn't be any more timely for me.  I just spent this weekend fighting P1681 on my allroad that's been down for 9months for a Stage3 upgrade, and this was the last hurdle I came across.  I managed to get past it with a lucky combination of flashing and reading, but it's great to know I can "fix" it and greatly simplify the tuning process.  Thanks for sharing, guys!

Glad you could work around the problem. The hope with the NefMoto software is that you would never end up in this situation; sorry for that.

fourdrsleeper206

Glad you could work around the problem. The hope with the NefMoto software is that you would never end up in this situation; sorry for that.
No need to apologize at all!  Your software makes it far easier to flash over OBDII instead of carrying the ECU upstairs to my bench setup every single time I need to flash.   Cool
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: