Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: P0602/P1681 Control Module Programming Not Finished - Workaround for ME7.1.1/7.5  (Read 58122 times)
SB_GLI

I just wanted to verify that this does work. My 2003 allroad and a 2004 a4 both had this code.  Updated the hex and it was good to go.
chlippo

I think i have a similar problem but different error code.
I read the file on a 2004 VW GTI with ecu number 06A906032N (that's what galetto sees) but i think its NK. I didn't flash any file on it.
If it makes any difference at all, the car is swapped to manual, (not by someone i know) and was running good since, never had a prob.

After I read the file and everything was ok, we drove the car for a complete day (regular use, on and off). The second day the car refused to start and I get error code 18089.

After that i tried writing its original file, and i still get the same error.

would this fix work for me?

I was planning flashing another version, the 06A906032HN instead, will that work?
SB_GLI

perhaps, but in all likelihood, you'll need to boot mode flash the EEProm to remove the death code first.
edgy

Damn, wish I found this thread a few hours ago. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

2002 S4 full stg 3
2001 S4 stg 2
2001 TT 225 stg 2
1988 80q 4.2
2005 A4 (the wife's)
_nameless

Just wanted to say thank you for this... Had a little issue with a 2005 bbw 2l 8v 032pe and it worked like a charm. Daz & Andy thank you.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
maZer.GTi

Just wanted to say thank you for this... Had a little issue with a 2005 bbw 2l 8v 032pe and it worked like a charm. Daz & Andy thank you.
No Problem mate Cheesy
stuklr

This doesn't affect the 551R BEL 7.1.1? I have had no issues with BEL cars using the 551R base. Only the later B6 A4 518AK ME7.5.

On the later 7.5, is this the reason when flashing I get to 96%, then nefmoto pops a error message and the entire file has to be erased and start over again. This is flashing 518AK 0004 onto a 018DQ ECU. After the erasing and full reflash it finishes with no issues. Car runs and drives fine, no errors. Maybe just upset about the different .bin on the ecu from original?
ddillenger

This doesn't affect the 551R BEL 7.1.1? I have had no issues with BEL cars using the 551R base. Only the later B6 A4 518AK ME7.5.

On the later 7.5, is this the reason when flashing I get to 96%, then nefmoto pops a error message and the entire file has to be erased and start over again. This is flashing 518AK 0004 onto a 018DQ ECU. After the erasing and full reflash it finishes with no issues. Car runs and drives fine, no errors. Maybe just upset about the different .bin on the ecu from original?

The routine is not present in 551R. It is in 518AK, but it is rarely tripped. It has nothing to do with the flash hang though.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
stuklr

So, what is causing the flash hang? Its kinda annoying having to flash twice.
ddillenger

What baud rate? 38400 is what you want.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
stuklr

Yup, I have been defaulting to 38400 cause that all my allroad likes.

Could it be because the switch from 018DQ to 518AK was done with the MPPS on the bench? It was a spare DQ Passat box that I got for a song and I'm trying to use it in my B6 A4. It may also be worth noting that it will not enter boot mode and its still running the DQ 95040 with the immo off. Think its a combination of those factors?

trying to beat the APR Stg1+ 160whp/196wtq that I recorded today.
KBATTPO

Thank you, maZer.GTi and  ddillenger for finding and posting this!

Got the P1681 after simply reading my 4Z7907551S (2004 Allroad 2.7T manual). Been banging my head against the wall for hours, reflashing, powering down, disconnecting the battery and reflashing again. Nothing helped. The car wouldn't start. Edited this byte and the car started from a quarter turn and been running great ever since.

BTW, although flashing the 4Z7907551R.bin into my ECU did indeed get the car to start again, it introduced a bunch of new codes. Needless to say I was not happy at all and began to look for the ways to fix my original 4Z7907551S.bin. I am so glad I have found this thread and was able to reflash the original bin into my ECU. I will post the VAG-COM scan log with these new codes introduced by the 4Z7907551R.bin in the relevant thread: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=981.0.

h100vw

Hey Fellas, Another start failure following a nefmoto read. 2004 BFB engined 1.8T Quattro manual. This ECU is 8E0 909 518 AM.

As a bit of a noob and certainly not bright enough to modify my own files yet (if ever). While I can probably find the string that needs modifying and change it. I don't know about the checksum correction or how to do it.

It seems from my reading of a number of threads that once this is updated and flashed into the ECU it should come back to life permanently. Is that correct?

I was reading it for a friend to get tune from ddillenger for him. Daz must be pretty busy right now as he hasn't replied yet.

Can anyone help me with the next steps?

TIA

Gavin

rasima

My best greetings to all.

Just question regarding hex editor and 4Z7907551S.bin that downloaded from ECU.

As it was described earlier in this post we require to change byte 2D to 0D then will save the file and upload using NF soft?

Am I right ? Would you guys help me please.

I just would like to upload my ori. bin back to ECU.

I think the consumption was better on S variant then on R.

Many many thanks to all.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 07:49:30 AM by rasima » Logged
tinytim

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2017, 04:30:44 AM »

Hey guys, I need some help. Over the last few years I have learned about flashing, built a bench flasher set up, and have flash me car with a few different files.

I am trying to flash me ECU back to the stock file so I can get through emissions testing here in NJ.

I can flash the two modified files I have with no problems. When I try to flash back to stock I get the code 18089-control module programming not finished. I've tried every trick I've read on here and elsewhere. I've tried known good bin files too.

I am stumped at this point. Any suggestions?

Tim

C5 A6 2.7t TIP
B5 A4 4.2 01a
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: