Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Intake temp and ignition timing correlation  (Read 13401 times)
mounty

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2014, 03:28:43 AM »

I'll be putting the fmic on here shortly.  Last time I was going to I didn't have the right couplers. And I had to use a 90 going to my throttle body and after one pull it broke at 15 psi. So ill have to buy a few more new couplers. That aren't cheap ebay ish ones.
AudiMan85

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2014, 06:32:03 PM »

Whats the flaw in the design of the newer styled cheap side mounts?? They use a stand core, yes they don't leak at all. But from what I read on Audizine they aren't anything of a upgrade really which idk why they redesigned them if it wasn't for a good reason. The old design seems to be what the test results have been on and the old ones where gross in design (core, end tanks).

Idk how much testing has been done on the newer style but 10 bars vs. 14 (bar & plate core) used in the ones they based new design (COPIED) off of I don't see many differences and I'd say there decent at cooling in better weather then summer time. But back in 70* weather I was seeing 90* or so on WOT pulls a few times and even lower at other times. Is this not a normal temp deference for a intercoolers? I notice a difference on how and where I place the hoses so flow is issue on them withe the bottle necking but all and for $200 there still a cheap insurance, logs of new style would have to show any chance of a upgrade.

"Ride like I got a horse stable under my hood" ~ The Game - Too Much
mounty

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 12:19:02 AM »

Unless your going to a higher flowing water to air side mount intercooler. I doubt that any side mount is going to be a good " upgrade" 
Lost

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2014, 11:11:34 AM »

Unless your going to a higher flowing water to air side mount intercooler. I doubt that any side mount is going to be a good " upgrade" 

What are you talking about??
Just about any intercooler is way better then S4 stock coolers.
There is million logs out there too prove it.
Hell, i uppgraded on my old S4 from stock to RS (which are really not that good either) and it was way lower IATs etc...
On my Big ports SRMs, i have never seen temps over 55degC standig and Ideling for a 10-20 min.
When i start driving it does not take more then a short period of time and my IATs are low.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 11:13:20 AM by Mocke » Logged
mounty

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2014, 03:17:18 AM »

I'm not worried about idling temps.. 
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2014, 09:45:11 AM »

What are you talking about??
Just about any intercooler is way better then S4 stock coolers.
There is million logs out there too prove it.
Hell, i uppgraded on my old S4 from stock to RS (which are really not that good either) and it was way lower IATs etc...
On my Big ports SRMs, i have never seen temps over 55degC standig and Ideling for a 10-20 min.
When i start driving it does not take more then a short period of time and my IATs are low.

I agreed 100%.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
carsey

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2014, 11:18:02 AM »

You have to make the SMICs work by forcing air into them.  Solid duct from the bumper to the core and not allow the air to pass round the cooler from their tilted design.  Also, a exit for the cooled air to exit the wheel arch area.

Having a setup with no intercooler shrouds and no exit for the air is basically turning the intercooler into a radiator you find in your house.
Lost

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2014, 12:08:34 PM »

I'm not worried about idling temps.. 

The point is heat soak. That is the worst case scenario for coolers. Hot car ideling, no chanse of wind too cool it down.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: