Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Galletto error reading Octavia ECU  (Read 5745 times)
Rickp

« on: June 07, 2011, 06:04:33 AM »

Hi everyone

Having read through loads of the posts on here (very informative)  I've found answers to lots of questions regarding reading, flashing etc, but would appreciate a little help on this one.

I have a Galletto 1260 (which i know know to be a clone Roll Eyes) and a tuned file for a 2001 Octavia VRS, AUQ 180 engine.
I can connect to the ECU and get it to read the basic data, but when I try and save the existing map file it brings up 'ERRORE READID' and doesn't save anything.

I'm using the 29F400BB driver although mine is reading as 29F400BT (think I've read that this isn't an issue).

I think the previous owner had a Revo trial put on the car.....could this be blocking the read Undecided

Its highly likely that I'm not using the lead correctly, but would it be better to use the Nefmoto software and the right lead get past this??

Thanks in advance
bazaa

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 09:21:13 AM »

Hi Rick welcome to NefMoto

Have you tried selecting 29F800 to see if it will read/save.

On my Octavia vrs  it is 29F800BT

You may need to use boot mode if you still have no luck or if it is a trial blocking the read.

I dont know if anyone has tried reading with nefmoto and kkl cable when a trial has been used on a me7.5 ,so  I cant comment on this personally
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 09:23:54 AM by bazaa » Logged
carlossus

Leon Curpa Stg1+

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 10:40:35 AM »

I'm certain ODB reading will be blocked by the trial, if it is indeed there.

The best way is to try NefMoto with the KKL cable and see what happens. At the very least you should be able to flash over it with a stock file so you at least know what you're dealing with. Doing that with Galletto clone carries associated risk which is almost zero with Nefmoto due to it's 'sector at a time' flashing method.

In any case there are a few of us AUQers  here so welcome.

Do you know the ECU / Firmware numbers?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: