Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1.8t, 2.0tsi, or 2.5 I5  (Read 6796 times)
Skibum513

« on: October 06, 2014, 12:04:01 PM »

Hey guys so my engine $h!t the bed and i have a cracked piston in my 1.8t  audi tt  Angry. I am looking at a few different options at this point try to rebuild my engine, buy a 2.0 tsi and swap that in, or swap in a 2.5 i5. I know it will be expensive but i would like to keep price on the lower side. I also have a Borg Warner t3/t04e sitting at home I would like to put on whatever choice I make, looking for 300-350hp. for the 2.0 and 2.5 i would need a new ecu and wiring harness as well as motor mounts. 2.0 seems like a solid option but the 2.5 sounds sweet and is half the price. If anyone has done any of these swaps or has any helpful information that would be great. I'm leaning towards a 2.0 or 2.5 but if you think the 1.8t is a better choice let me know.

Thanks
adam-

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 12:54:38 PM »

What chassis?

How have you managed to crack a piston but not snap a rod?  (I'm assuming they're OE rods?).  If you've smashed a piston at less than 350 brake I'd be amazed.

That said, I've got AUM pistons (with a 19mm wrist pin) that you can have if you pay postage!

The 1.8t block is good, parts are easy, you've got the mounts.  Either way, any engine you pick is going to need a make over.  New bearings, honed bores, new rings, headgasket, etc.

Then custom downpipe for whatever turbo you put on it.

The 2.0 TFSI is still in development and parts are expensive, so the 1.8t would be better IMO.

I'd say 1.8t and TD05..
Skibum513

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 01:12:17 PM »

Ok thanks and so far i only have the head pulled off and there is a nice crack across the piston on cylinder 2.  Not sure if the rods are damaged (car still ran just ran rough and compression sucked) but if i rebuild it i would be upgrading the rods too. And the strangest part was at the time it started driving like crap I had my car flashed back to stock to pass emissions  Huh. and Its a mk1 audi tt
adam-

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 01:18:58 PM »

That's weird man.

I know the 2.0 TFSI will bolt up with a little mount changes but the 2.5; not so sure on..

I'd go either 1.8 or 2.0.

But if you go 2.0, you need the loom, ECU, and all the rest of it. 

I hate copying a massive bit of text; but:
Gentlemen,
I humbly apologize for the lack of being able to supply these of the course of the last 6 months. There were a few issues with supply from DM Forged which I will let them address but we spent the better part of last week and this week ordering supplies and boxing these up in as they usually come from INA Engineering Inc.
I have updated the kits to include items customers have enquired for over the last 2 years so here is the base price.
Included in the package:
• DM Forged 4340 Chromoly steel forged “H-Beam” connecting rods
DMF-H-4-144|25|19-T or DMF-H-4-144|25|20-S Connecting rods w/ ARP 2000 Bolts
144/20mm connecting rods come standard with EDM “rifle drilled” hole through the neck of the connecting rod. 144/19mm connecting rods will need to pay an additional $130 USD to have this service performed.
• Elring Cylinder head gasket set
• (13) Exhaust manifold nuts
• Victor Reinz oil pan silicone paste
• Gates Performance timing belt
• HEPU Metal Impellar Water Pump
• OEM replacement head bolts
• KS connecting rod bearings
• (1) MANN W719/30 Oil Filter
• (1) MANN W719/45 Oil Filter
This is normally $869 USD + shipping
UK PRICE : $879 USD SHIPPED
FAQ:
1. Q:Why did you stop selling just the head gasket?
A: The usual request we get is if a we can include valve cover gasket , intake manifold gasket etc. so instead of supplying just the head gasket , we now supply it the entire cylinder head gasket kit.
2. Q: Do you also supply piston rings?
A: Yes we do , typically we prefer to supply piston rings but it is usually up to the shop doing the work if they wish to file the rings or not.
3. Q: Will this be the last Group Buy for these rods?
A: Yes. INA Engineering Inc. will no longer be doing GB’s on these connecting rods as we think it is a great product and other vendors of DM Forged have started to complain (I know I know who gives a f**k) so we need to be fair. After this connecting rods / connecting rod packages can be purchased directly from various UK distributors. Most favored will be AKS Tuning as Alex has an outstanding reputation in the industry.
4. Q: What if I need additional components?
A: I have made a list of exactly what additional components people usually buy and you can add that to the 879 price tag. I have LIMITED quantity of exhaust valves in stock so add 4-5 days to delivery time from the day the payment is made IF we do not have valves in stock.
5. Q: How do you ship?
A: For the UK / Spain & France. we use DHL Express which is guaranteed 3 days delivery anywhere in the UK mainland. For US customers we use UPS. For Greece & Romania we use Canada Post / US Postal Service which has no time guarantee unfortunately but we know the drill 6. Q: How soon can I get my order?
A: A question everyone will obviously ask. If payment is made today (Wednesday 20th February 2013) . Your order will ship tomorrow (Thursday 21st 2013) and will be in the UK on Monday (25th February). If you order tomorrow, it leaves on Friday and is in the UK on Tuesday 26th February.
Remember this is the last group buy we will be running on these rods. First 25 come first 25 serve. All 25 boxes are in shipping but are open. If you do not need additional components then we will put in packaging material , close up the box and ship it out.
Additional Components:
Piston Rings – (4) Sets of Goetze - $45 each = +$180 USD
Manual Tensioner Kit = +79 USD
Supertech Exhaust Valves = +$269 USD
Ferrea Exhaust Valves = +339 USD
ready to order? Perfect! Add up the total for what you want and send it to paypal:
sales[at]inaengineering[dot]com
Thank you!
Issam Abed
INA Engineering Inc.

Pretty cheap for a forged engine..
majorahole

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 05:34:26 AM »

ive never had to swap my engine before, so idk what is easiest as far as mounting.
i just wanted to know if you were thinking the NA 2.5 or the ttrs 2.5 with med9?
Skibum513

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 07:00:08 AM »

I was thinking the 2.5 na and turbo it. cant afford the 2.5 ttrs engine as fun as it would be. After some more research though it seems that the wiring situation is a nightmare for that swap so i'm thinking 1.8t rebuild at the moment.
turboat

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 07:40:19 AM »

The 1.8t seems to be the bang/buck engine atm.

In my experience turboing a na engine is expensive and unreliable 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: