Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage2 1.8t ME7.5 A4 (8E0909518AK-0003)  (Read 111218 times)
untilnow

« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2018, 09:26:28 AM »

Hi guys, I know this thread seems dead and buried but after reading over the Stage 1 1.8t project lead by leroy about 5 times I felt a stage 2 needed to happen!

I've got a reasonable amount of understanding through searching this forum and constantly reading the s4 wiki., I'm in a position to do regular logs as I now have everything set up and working...finally! A spare ECU if things go wrong etc.

As alot of people disagree on what actually pertains Stage 2 on the 1.8t, I'll tell you what I'm running:

Seat Leon Cupra mk1
AUQ 1.8t
3" downpipe
Decat
Pipercross panel filter
N249 and SAI delete
Boostgauge  Cheesy
97RON fuel.

If this does not qualify I may be able to buy injectors/turbo pipe if absolutely needed as I'm eager to learn and contribute to this forum as did the stage 1 thread helped me and so many others.

Let me know guys and we can get this thing going!
snuff

« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2019, 07:36:31 AM »

Hi guys,
regarding stage 2 tuning...Brief question, after turbo (k04) change I want to hold 1.1 bar boost until 6000rpm. Is it necessary to modify timing or can I leave it stock as it was designed for basic k03 tune? Thank you.
BlackT

« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2019, 08:25:29 AM »

That depens on many many things( fuel, intake air, base map...)
snuff

« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2019, 08:29:15 AM »

Okay.. I will be running basically stock tune.. Only  injectors (krkte, tvub), boost (kfldhbn, ldrxn), and bit of lamfa will be changed according to stage 1 topic.

Will I be safe to put 1bar boost at 6000rpm at stock timing? I assume yes, but I will ask for better feeling  Grin
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2019, 11:03:31 AM »

Will I be safe to put 1bar boost at 6000rpm at stock timing?

depends on IAT and octane, but stock timing at high load is pretty low and can result in high egts.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
snuff

« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2019, 01:26:21 PM »

Okay, so I could advance timing more after  let's say 4500 RPM and high load..Fire the spark 1 or 2 degrees sooner to cool exhaust gasses am I right?

And of course keep IAT as low as possible to prevent knocking and ignition retard.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2019, 01:29:53 PM »

Okay, so I could advance timing more after  let's say 4500 RPM and high load..Fire the spark 1 or 2 degrees sooner to cool exhaust gasses am I right?

And of course keep IAT as low as possible to prevent knocking and ignition retard.

I'd start with stock first, and see where you end up with the IATs you normally see and the gas you normally run.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
snuff

« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2019, 01:16:55 PM »

Finally I end up with copying BEX - KFZW and KFZW2 values and more aggressive timing solved all problems..Timing was advanced average 5 degrees on higher loads . Boost is much better, EGT is 100'C lower and the car feels much more agile even with a stock boost.. Stock timing on AWT/BFB is pretty much piece of slow crap.  Logs are fine, no retardation from ECU.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 01:22:09 PM by snuff » Logged
AidanLP

« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2019, 04:48:33 PM »

I just caught up with this thread and would like to learn from this series of contributions:

I'm running an Audi A4 B6 1.8T Quattro AVJ - Bosch Siemens ME 7.5 ECU 8E906018B 0261206868 0004

EPROM 29F800

Decat downpipe
KO3s - hybridised with KO4 compressor wheel and cut back exducer veins - 360 journal bearing - uprated seals
Ported head exhaust ports - std intake ports
Forged crank, rods, mahle pistons with new Hastings rings, forged BAM cams and a rebuilt and sealed head.
Seat Leon Cupra R headgasket
Red R8 coil packs
Cone intake filter with new N75 valve
Standard injectors
EGR delete, Sai delete & N249 delete - running on resistors
Boost gauge
S4 B5 brake kit from rebuilt calipers with new pads

I get a DTC code for the intake air temp sensor low reading - wiring checked, but no fault - maybe ecu
Get a code for sensor 1 bank 1 heater circuit and lambda on pre cat sensor.
secondary post cat sensor is gapped with an adapter to stop it throwing codes.

File store: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zs8hvddjfs2yxrc/AAA_F7yll-HUq3KpQNzgKfdea?dl=0

Video of setup: https://youtu.be/JSy4b-v9kVo

I would appreciate some tuning help as I can use the software to add new data from thread posts and such, but am limited to adding antilag, launch deletes etc....

Any help appreciated.

My Project dropbox is shared above.

Aidan.
snuff

« Reply #114 on: December 17, 2019, 10:46:25 AM »

If I were you I would start with basic stage1 tuning , learn how log with me7logger, get rid all the error codes in ECU, play with boost PID and make turbo follow your boost request properly in all the rev range.. After that you can proceed with timing and add more boost to make some serious power.. Than you will be pretty sure what you are doing and why.  Everything  what is needed for good tune is written on this forum.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  

Jump to: