Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: AWP e85 Audi TTq 2001  (Read 13549 times)
Ron Howard

« on: November 28, 2014, 12:48:09 AM »

Just getting started with tuner pro and on nefmoto forums.

Goal:  To create a tune for my car and anyone who has a similar set up.

I figured this post will good a good way to learn and share what I learn and any advise I get.

This will be running 550cc or 630cc injectors at 4bar.
Full exhaust upgrade.
Bosch 044 or equivalent.
Upgraded intercooling.
Silicone TIP
TSI coils.

This tune should work on any awp with similar mods with little or no tweaks.

Any help advise or a base tune to build from would be much appreciated.
bk56190

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 06:27:39 AM »

Hello,

How far are you in the tune ? 550cc with 4b is ok. Don't buy Deka 630cc, they are more difficult to tune than Genesis 550cc;

2 difficult things with E85 :
- cold start, you probably need lots of trials
- tune for MBT (at WOT and at low loads)
Ron Howard

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 08:26:54 PM »

Hello,

How far are you in the tune ? 550cc with 4b is ok. Don't buy Deka 630cc, they are more difficult to tune than Genesis 550cc;

2 difficult things with E85 :
- cold start, you probably need lots of trials
- tune for MBT (at WOT and at low loads)
OK I will probably go with the Bosch 550cc ev14 style. I am not far on this tune at all. I could really use a base tune to work from and tweak for e85
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 08:36:20 PM »

OK I will probably go with the Bosch 550cc ev14 style. I am not far on this tune at all. I could really use a base tune to work from and tweak for e85

This is the wrong way to go about anything. A base file? Why? If you don't understand motronic well enough to start from scratch, you don't know motronic well enough to differentiate between a good base and a bad base, and you certainly aren't ready to be DIY'ing E85.

A 2001 is also narrowband. You're going to need to get the injectors, get a wideband, then log and get fueling inline first. I suggest doing that on pump gas.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
dave926

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 08:41:18 PM »

If your going to run E85, I would recommend 1000s from a reputable vendor.

Once you calculate krkte basic driveability will be there.
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 08:55:21 PM »

If your going to run E85, I would recommend 1000s from a reputable vendor.

Once you calculate krkte basic driveability will be there.

This is the worst advice I've ever heard.

This is not a B6, it has a rising rate FPR. 550's are fine, 60lb are perfect. Who wants single tip firehose shit ass 1000cc injectors? Noone. Noone wants them.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Ron Howard

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 09:58:02 PM »

2001 awp in a TT is wideband
Ron Howard

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 10:02:01 PM »

This is the wrong way to go about anything. A base file? Why? If you don't understand motronic well enough to start from scratch, you don't know motronic well enough to differentiate between a good base and a bad base, and you certainly aren't ready to be DIY'ing E85.

A 2001 is also narrowband. You're going to need to get the injectors, get a wideband, then log and get fueling inline first. I suggest doing that on pump gas.
And as far as this goes ...its the car I have its what I'm learning on. I have made adjustments if uni-settings for e85, so its a mattet of learning my way around the maps and some more refined skills.  Also I'm pretty sure in my post I mentioned I have no idea what I'm doing so thanks for the help
ddillenger

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 10:07:13 PM »

Well, you have wideband going for you.

Best bet, get a solid stage1/2 file done on pump gas. After that, start migrating towards E85. I suggest checking out the community project, and finding those maps in your binary.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Ron Howard

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 10:07:55 PM »

Early 2001 TT had an ATC engine code that was narrow band.
Ron Howard

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 10:10:23 PM »

Well, you have wideband going for you.

Best bet, get a solid stage1/2 file done on pump gas. After that, start migrating towards E85. I suggest checking out the community project, and finding those maps in your binary.
Awesome thank you. I have been reading threw the wiki and the various community projects its going to be a long process I imagine. I just figured this would be a good place to house all the answers to the dumb questions I and I sure many others ask.
ddillenger

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2014, 10:11:31 PM »

Not trying to give you a hard time, but this is surely a case of putting the cart before the horse. You'll have an uphill battle for sure.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Ron Howard

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 10:16:14 PM »

Wile I have your attention I almost went with erodine maestro but I figured if was willing to put in the learning time this was a better option. Was I wrong.  Its not about the money.
Lost

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2014, 04:07:32 AM »

I am running e85 all the time, and it is cold over here.
Cold start and warm up can be dialed in just perfect.
Mine is running flawlessly, as well as some friends cars I helped.
It does take a lot of trials, but it is not an issue.
bk56190

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2014, 04:12:23 AM »

2001 awp in a TT is wideband

Lucky man, it will be easier !

First, change the injectors, modify KRKTE / TVUB / FKKVS and log to check; Fuel trims sould be near 0%;

When fueling is ok, then you can add boost. Be careful with high boost with E85, think about your rods !
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: