Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VW 2.5 ME7.1.1 ECU boot mode.  (Read 10556 times)
beetleboosted

« on: June 27, 2015, 06:55:25 PM »

first off, this is my first post and i'd like to thank the community here for all the information I've been able to find.  its been extremely helpful.  I've purchased BDMin order to flash and immo defeat MED9, as well as made a bench harness for ME7 and have a MPPS as well.  my daily driver is a mk5 GTI FSI, and i have a 1.8t project car, so this stuff has been invaluable.  i would gladly contribute to this place, but theres so many people with greater minds than me, it would be difficult for me to figure out anything someone else hasn't already. 

on to the meat and potatoes...

I can boot mode ME7.1 and ME7.5's with my bench harness all day long.  but, I've recently attempted to do a early mk5 VW 2.5 and a 24v VR6 ECU, both ME7.1.1, and everything I've found here doesn't seem to work...  I've been using argdub's me7_95040 tool successfully otherwise, but it tells me boot mode fail no matter what i try with these.  so either I'm not successfully entering boot mode, or it doesn't work with these ECU's. 

I've tried the following
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=115.15
not sure what the "jumper thing" is referencing, because that link is broken. 

I've also tried this, in exception of the 1k jumper, because i don't have any (which may be my downfall) and I'm assuming is what is referenced in the thread above.  http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=4821.0title=

I've tried the 2.2k and 5k resistors on every pin I've found reference to, and had absolutely no luck. 

if anyone has any info that may be able to help me, i would appreciate it greatly. 
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 07:14:01 PM »

Jumper thing attached. Remove it and give it a shot, however I usually find I have the best luck (IE, always works) using the 2nd attached pic.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
beetleboosted

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 07:30:54 PM »

thanks for the quick reply. 

so, just to clarify...

1k resistor between those two pins, and do boot pin as usual.   remove both after 2-3 seconds.  correct?

also, once boot mode is achieved, argdubs tool will work as usual, as well as typical immo defeat hex changes?

thanks.
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 07:38:31 PM »

Leave the resistor on during boot operations Smiley

Argdubs tool sorta works? You have to specify the chip select pin, and memory type. It's not simple. I just use a chip burner for these. With some trickery you can read/write in series. Much faster.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
beetleboosted

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 08:10:42 PM »

note taken. 

how would i go about finding and specifying the chip select pin and memory type?  im moderately new to this stuff, but learn quickly.  also, i'd prefer not to have to purchase any more equipment.  the 24v is going in a friends Beetle, and the 2.5 is going in an other friends Audi.  after these two, i doubt i'll have the need to mess with any more me7.1.1's...  everything i own is 1.8t and FSI. 

2.5's PN's:
VW: 07K 906 032 BG
Bosch: 0 261 201 742

24v PN's:
VW: 022 906 032 CS
Bosch: 0 261 207 881

thanks.
k0mpresd

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 08:29:49 PM »

i use a test clip for e2p read/write on them. quicker for me.
beetleboosted

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 09:32:33 PM »

i use a test clip for e2p read/write on them. quicker for me.

thanks for the info, but i don't have the extra $$$ to throw at any more equipment right now, and i need to get these done pretty soon.  yes, it could be used for more than just the ECU's in question, but i can do ME7.5 in my sleep... 
k0mpresd

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 09:43:40 PM »

<$100 is nothing for equipment.
ddillenger

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 10:40:39 PM »

I think it's P8.2 or P6.3 that you're looking for. Try those. Report back.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Snow Trooper

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 07:54:10 PM »

I have had certain 7.1.1 ecus that I can never get into boot mode. What's weird is that I can boot mode them and use argdubs tool to immo off but can absolutely never use something like galletto to flash it. Those live in a box cause I can't make myself throw them away.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
ddillenger

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 09:16:09 PM »

I have had certain 7.1.1 ecus that I can never get into boot mode. What's weird is that I can boot mode them and use argdubs tool to immo off but can absolutely never use something like galletto to flash it. Those live in a box cause I can't make myself throw them away.

Send that box to me.

lol.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
beetleboosted

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2015, 04:50:30 PM »

I think it's P8.2 or P6.3 that you're looking for. Try those. Report back.

i finally got my hands on some proper resistors and tried as described above, but argdubs tool still shows it as not being in boot mode. 

ive poked around at it with VAG-K+CAN Commander.  i can read the eeprom, save it, make necessary changes, and tell it to write it, but after a "reboot", the changes are gone, so im assuming its writing to some sort of volatile memory. 
beetleboosted

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2015, 09:16:40 PM »

i just purchased a very cheap clip and programmer.  im broke, and dont have a lot of $$$ to throw at this stuff right now.  i'll see what happens when they get here.  hoping they will work properly and enable me to do this stuff without desoldering or boot mode. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: