Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Possible torque or load intervention?  (Read 22741 times)
mitkoenchev

« on: August 23, 2015, 05:01:03 PM »

Hi, I started messing with my tune again to get rid of an annoying problem that persisted ever since I got my car with it's original stage 1 tune.

In a few words, I think I have some kind of interventions around 3000rpm at WOT, expressed in slight to hard vibrations in the cabin and so far I have no idea what causes that...

nothing of the following helped:
- different KFMIOP/KFMIRL settings
- lowered KFKHFM
- increased KFURL
- KFMIZUFIL/OF maps maxed

If I limit load near 155 (about 2000mbar) I have no problems. KFLDRL is linearized, DIMX and PID control are set correctly, IZUFIL/OF maps are stock now and I didn't try disabling torque monitoring.
The car is a '01 A4 B6 1.8TQ, AVJ, with custom intake, 2.75" turbo-back exhaust, hybrid K04, S3 injectors, return type fuel system with 4bar FPR, FSI coils, etc. I can attach the bin & definition if needed.

I don't have the mibas, mimax and misolv variables in my ECU file to log, so if someone has them I'd be very happy if he'd share them Smiley

I will appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 05:32:19 PM by mitkoenchev » Logged
mitkoenchev

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 02:39:31 PM »

More graphs here, different IOP/IRL settings... Light vibrations @ 3200-3500RPM
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 02:03:54 AM by mitkoenchev » Logged
mitkoenchev

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 05:46:36 PM »

Here are the graphs from the run that I had no problems. I lowered KFURL @ 3000RPM by 1% to see what happens (which I later saw as a mistake).

I still don't understand what is going on... I will appreciate any help. Thanks
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 02:34:15 AM by mitkoenchev » Logged
mitkoenchev

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 10:53:54 AM »

...further KFURL and IRL/IOP tuning, no vibrations in following logs (graphs). Now, for the same boost level, ME7 requests more load. Is this right or it should be the other way around?
BTW the car feels slower in this RPM range now.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 02:54:05 AM by mitkoenchev » Logged
mitkoenchev

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 02:27:33 AM »

I still have the problem, especially when IATs get low. Here I post comparison graphs between two runs - the first one is OK and the second has moderate vibrations in the cabin. The vibrations are felt at 2900-3300rpm and are reflected in zwsol jumps towards zwopt. I also switched on intake cam advance (NWS) in WOT, like the S3 and TT setting, just to try the outcome, but I don't think it affects my issue.

Anyone like to share any suggestions?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 11:30:20 AM by mitkoenchev » Logged
mitkoenchev

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 03:32:29 AM »

I just made a few runs with torque monitoring switched off through CWMDAPP=1 - the engine had trouble maintaining idle, but it had no problems at WOT, except the vibrations problem - still persists. Could this be the turbo surging, or other hardware problem? I read somewhere that K04 turbos surge at reasonably high loads around 3000-4000rpm.

Here's the log.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 11:38:25 AM by mitkoenchev » Logged
mitkoenchev

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 11:31:29 AM »

I also logged with CWMDAPP=8, there was no change...

I would really appreciate it if someone could help.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 12:49:04 PM »

Could be ARMD.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
mitkoenchev

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 03:08:26 AM »

Could be ARMD.

Hi, I did set the last rows of KFDMDARO, DAROS, KFDMDPO and KFDMDADP to 100 a long time ago, so I think that would have switched the function (incl. dashpot) off?

Edit: I just saw I didn't touch KFDMDAROS... and I'm not sure if I defined the map right. I'll have to read the ARMD topic again, if I remember right there was a switch to turn it off completely and I'll try that...

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 06:37:36 AM by mitkoenchev » Logged
mitkoenchev

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 08:31:20 AM »

OK, I FF'd all of KFDMDARO, DAROS, KFDMDPO and KFDMDADP (I'm not sure which is which in my bin, that's why I did this). I think I obviously lost the dashpot function as the car was bucking hard whenever I touched the gas pedal, so maybe I succeeded turning off anti-judder, but the bad part is I still have the annoying vibrations. Here's the log and graph showing that zwsol still sits below zwbas. Maybe I couldn't completely turn off ARMD; I can't find the temperature thresholds or CWARMD to try and I don't have the ARMD variables for my ECU in ME7Logger. Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 08:40:16 AM by mitkoenchev » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 09:23:26 AM »

Yes, you're going to have to use a disassembler to find RAM locations to log.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
mitkoenchev

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 04:43:52 PM »

Yes, you're going to have to use a disassembler to find RAM locations to log.

I was afraid I was going to have to do that, otherwise it's just guessing, but do you think there is any possibility my issue could be hardware related?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2015, 05:27:11 PM »

I was afraid I was going to have to do that, otherwise it's just guessing, but do you think there is any possibility my issue could be hardware related?

If it is strong shuddering it may also be misfires... other than that, hard to say.

ECUx Plot

mitkoenchev

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2015, 04:08:08 AM »

If it is strong shuddering it may also be misfires... other than that, hard to say.

Yes, shuddering is strong when IATs get low. I'll try with lower timings in the problem area and I'll log knock sensor voltages, but I think I did this before and there was no KR activity, although shuddering was still there. I'll probably end up with lower load at IAT<50degC through KFTARX and leave it this way. I flashed this ECU about 200 times and I don't know if it can withstand much more Smiley .

Many thanks for your comments.
nubcake

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2015, 04:13:19 PM »

Post your bin and I will find ARMD vars for you.
Lemme know which ones you need.

EDIT: D'oh, it was over a month ago. Still, poke me via PM if you still need assistance.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 04:15:37 PM by nubcake » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: