Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Suggestions on how to fix Golf 4 Neuspeed supercharger tune  (Read 41784 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2015, 12:34:01 PM »

Thanks for the correction. The A2L data is in fact wrong and the offset for the axis is off by 1. Correcting it shows valid info now.

As an aside, in general, these off by one errors are easy to spot: typically, they are for 16-bit maps, which should all be 2 byte aligned (for obvious reasons). You'll notice the off by one errors are always odd.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
hackish

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2015, 10:25:02 PM »

As an aside, in general, these off by one errors are easy to spot: typically, they are for 16-bit maps, which should all be 2 byte aligned (for obvious reasons). You'll notice the off by one errors are always odd.

Definitely a good point and I should have noticed it. In most cases I've worked on we never had official data so it was a matter of pounding out the routines in IDA for weeks at a time so these errors would never occur. For those where ECU data was provided, it was a complete package with either source code or A2L data and binaries directly generated so I've never seen something like an off by 1 error.

Do you know right off what tables I should be looking at to affect the target AFR and affect open loop/closed loop operations? I'm trying very hard not to have to disassemble these roms. I know deep down if I do then I'm going to get stuck decoding and understanding these series of ecus.

I spent some time looking at dynos of stock supercharged neuspeed mk4 golfs. They were still lean to my taste but I don't see any reason why they had to be. Although I'm on the dyno for the next few days I'll be interested in getting this one going. I should probably build a board for the engine sim and go about testing that way but it's oh so much work and a 2004 is too old to make money on. Resisting the urge to go out and buy a VAG car and develop a proper tuning solution.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2015, 10:39:06 PM »

err sorry, edited my post.

Realized it was NA.

Sorry, IMO that stuff is a waste of time.

Even the SC addons by "pros" are a terrible hack.

Get a FI motor or forget it.

There is a reason nobody bothers with NA files.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
mechanic

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2015, 03:50:29 AM »

I'd say get aftermarket ECU, if you want to drive that car.
_nameless

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2015, 04:35:18 AM »

Just a thought. For shittys and gigs I calibrated a 1.8t me7.5 file for a avh 2.0 8v. I did this because I plan on converting to forced induction over the winter but I wanted to get warmup, injector calibrated and drivability right. I added a map sensor, deleted vvt and calibrated for 630cc injectors. car runs perfect. No cel and passes state inspection. Possibly this conversion is something you might want to consider?
Good luck
Marty

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
adam-

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2015, 04:54:03 AM »

Was going to say, why not just swap out the loom and ECU for a 1.8t member?
hackish

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2015, 07:01:05 AM »

Just a thought. For shittys and gigs I calibrated a 1.8t me7.5 file for a avh 2.0 8v. I did this because I plan on converting to forced induction over the winter but I wanted to get warmup, injector calibrated and drivability right. I added a map sensor, deleted vvt and calibrated for 630cc injectors. car runs perfect. No cel and passes state inspection. Possibly this conversion is something you might want to consider?

I like your idea. I've read a few different articles but none seemed to cover putting a 1.8t map on the NA hardware. The hw number I have is 0 261 207 925. I have the 7gb map collection the whole world shares around so I wonder if you might know what firmware would work on this hardware?
hackish

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2015, 07:08:29 AM »

Even the SC addons by "pros" are a terrible hack.

There is a reason nobody bothers with NA files.

Can you educate me on this?

The addons that the neuspeed "pros" did seems a little amateur.

Is it that people were not able to find the proper tables to achieve what they wanted? I've worked a lot with Seimens and one thing I can say about the Germans is that they seldom get things totally wrong. Seimens is not bosch but looking at the bosch strategy they are not miles apart in their approach.
_nameless

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2015, 07:52:35 AM »

I like your idea. I've read a few different articles but none seemed to cover putting a 1.8t map on the NA hardware. The hw number I have is 0 261 207 925. I have the 7gb map collection the whole world shares around so I wonder if you might know what firmware would work on this hardware?
Our car is a immo3 me7.5 so any 02-05 1.8t file will cross flash. I'd recommend using the 032hs as a base to start with, there's a really good map pack for this software version on the forum. Changing krkte from 317cc to 240 cc will be enough to start and run the car, tho tvub will need some calibration along with a laundry list of other maps. Adding a map sensor is as simple as it basically sounds. You can use the stock coil pack and wires (at least I did). It really wasn't that bad

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
adam-

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2015, 08:09:53 AM »

So you just flashed a 1.8t file over the N/A ECU?  I'm sure this was documented in another thread the other day.  So, once you've flashed the file, you just manually wired in a MAP sensor to the appropriate pins on the ECU, and Bob's your Uncle?

I'd guess that all the ME7.5 ECU's have the same pinout, so would it be possible to just swap in a 1.8t ECU and hand-wire a MAP sensor?  That would save all the heart-ache/headache of the thread I'm talking about where the user has to get the correct freak N/A ECU.

I think the point I'm trying to make is that if it's possible to just swap out the ECU, this is THE best approach, as attempting to trawl through IDA/boost an N/A ECU is too complicated and time consuming.  Modifying a file already suited for boost is much more suited.

As said, the HS map pack is plenty for what you need.  There's also a well defined CB and HN file.  If you want the HN one, have a look at my post on the ECU section, can grab a copy from there to help you along.  Smiley
_nameless

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2015, 06:28:27 AM »

So you just flashed a 1.8t file over the N/A ECU?  I'm sure this was documented in another thread the other day.  So, once you've flashed the file, you just manually wired in a MAP sensor to the appropriate pins on the ECU, and Bob's your Uncle?

I'd guess that all the ME7.5 ECU's have the same pinout, so would it be possible to just swap in a 1.8t ECU and hand-wire a MAP sensor?  That would save all the heart-ache/headache of the thread I'm talking about where the user has to get the correct freak N/A ECU.

I think the point I'm trying to make is that if it's possible to just swap out the ECU, this is THE best approach, as attempting to trawl through IDA/boost an N/A ECU is too complicated and time consuming.  Modifying a file already suited for boost is much more suited.

As said, the HS map pack is plenty for what you need.  There's also a well defined CB and HN file.  If you want the HN one, have a look at my post on the ECU section, can grab a copy from there to help you along.  Smiley
Basicly yes. Car is still running on the 2l ecu. I had a o2 sensor heater code, and open circuit codes from the missing coil packs. Few other things I can't think of off the top of my head. I plan on swapping to a 1.8t ecu after the turbo conversion so I can use n75 to control boost.

ddillenger

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2015, 08:41:08 AM »

I considered running a 1.8t binary, but when it came down to it, I decided to stick to the 2.0 for the experience. It wasn't my first supercharged file, and I knew I COULD do it. I now have a pretty decent 2.0 definition, and an easily portable 2.0 supercharger file for the future, as well as the experience of overcoming the various difficulties associated with it.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
adam-

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2015, 09:49:56 AM »

I wonder if the OP is now thinking - will you sell it? Tongue
ddillenger

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2015, 01:13:58 PM »

I wonder if the OP is now thinking - will you sell it? Tongue

Negative, but I will gladly help him find whatever he needs.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
vwaudiguy

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2015, 05:57:29 PM »

Basicly yes. Car is still running on the 2l ecu. I had a o2 sensor heater code, and open circuit codes from the missing coil packs. Few other things I can't think of off the top of my head. I plan on swapping to a 1.8t ecu after the turbo conversion so I can use n75 to control boost.

Marty, did you ever figure out why you had the 02 heater code? I checked, and both ecu's use the same primary 02 sensor, and the pinout was the same. Everything else worked correctly.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: