Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ignition timing me7.5  (Read 5616 times)
fgtskofd

« on: December 15, 2015, 04:45:32 PM »

hi all new to the forum, and ecu

just a quick question about why on the ME7.5 it has optimal ignition timing and also ignition timing maps, and whats the variant 2...

thanks 
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 04:48:18 PM »

just a quick question about why on the ME7.5 it has optimal ignition timing and also ignition timing maps

That doesn't have a quick answer; it is a complicated topic. Optimal timing is not used to generate actual timing; it is used as a reference to calculate torque efficiency.

The explanation of the latter term is not a noob question; you have some reading to do first.

and whats the variant 2...

Also doesn't have a quick answer; it depends on the context.

In the case of timing, variant is usually to reflect different cam timing.

In two point timing, the ECU will switch between the two maps depending on cam position

In variable timing, the ECU will interpolate between the two maps.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Lost

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 11:53:34 PM »

Jumping on this one

But all 1.8 T does not have camswich? Hense variable 2 is not used.
Is there any list of which ones does and does not have this function, if not how do you determ it?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 12:01:35 AM »

Jumping on this one

But all 1.8 T does not have camswich? Hense variable 2 is not used.
Is there any list of which ones does and does not have this function, if not how do you determ it?

Could also be auto/tip

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
dream3R

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 09:05:19 PM »

This was written by bosch, doesn't explain the switch over though but it's the most concise thing I've read.

The ignition timing zwgru from the basic ignition-timing calculation is corrected by the timing dzwwl for the warming-up run and
the cylinder-specific timing dwkrz of the knocking control. The basic ignition timing zwbas is given that is identical to the
most advanced ignition timing that is possible.
This ignition timing forms the input for the torque implementation MDZW that supplies the ignition timing zwsol as the output. #
This ignition timing is limited to the most advanced or most retarded ignition timing that is possible.
In the case of active torque interventions (B nozwe = B zwappl = B sa = 0), the ignition timing thereby obtained is used
for zwist.
If the torque interventions have been deactivated (B nozwe or B zwappl = 1), then the basis ignition timing zwbas is used; for
trailing throttle fuel cutoff, the most retarded ignition timing that is possible zwspae.
zwist is finally corrected by the phase error and limited to the values that can be outputted by the system. The output
ignition timing zwout is given.
The single component of zwout is formed for safeguarding the ignition timing as the input variable of function
surveillance and saved in zwoutcpl.

How to work out values from an A2L Smiley

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5525.msg52371#msg52371

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

ORGORIGINAL 05 5120 creator for Volvo
ORIGINAL Datalogger (Freeware) Author
ORGINAL finder of the 'extra' torque' limits
I don't have ME7.01 A2L I just use ID
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: