Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Trouble tuning 2.0 TSI on E85 fuel  (Read 29378 times)
IamwhoIam

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2016, 01:02:10 PM »

Keep digging Smiley

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
S2evo1

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2016, 01:05:55 PM »

dream3R: where can one get hold of a MED17 FR? I only have some short crappy version for MED9 and some maps are different in MED17.

S2evo1: I looked at KLLFPRSG several times but decided not to change the axis because all map values are the same.
I'll rescale it to 17 Mpa and see what it does.
Regarding LPFP duty cycle is it not advisable to run it close to 100% at all, or just not all the time as I do at the moment?
FNGPRS looks interesting. Stock value is 1500 rpm ... if I understand its function correctly, should I try to change it to say 500 rpm and see what  effect it has on rail pressure request?

For timing maps I just dumped KFZWOP values into regular KFZW maps until I'm able to tune them properly at the dyno. Actual timing follows requested prefectly and I get no intervention or CFs.

As for changes at 254B0 I have no idea what it is.
I didn't do that but it may have something to do with the fact that my car has an engine swap. It came with 1.8 TSI CDAA which was later swapped for 2.0 TSI CCZA but ECU stayed original, so mabye that's the reason for those changes.

prj: gradient limitation for rail pressure you mean map or are there some other maps that have something to do with this ?

500rpm is what I use Smiley

For testing you can have LPFP settings like that but the limiter you have still stock at 91.99%.

I think you done a lot off progress to be new at MED17!

Let us know how it goes.
dream3R

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2016, 03:41:42 PM »

Asi I said at the beginning of this thread I'm new to MED ECUs.
I know how to tune an engine in general but I don't know much about this particular control system and since there is very little info out there about MED9 and exactly nothing about MED17 I'm amazed I even got this far without any major screw up Cheesy

Trial and error is my only option at the moment since I don't know anyone that could help me with this so I really appreciate all the help and guidance members of this forum are giving me Smiley

Good job.   Smiley 

How to work out values from an A2L Smiley

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5525.msg52371#msg52371

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

ORGORIGINAL 05 5120 creator for Volvo
ORIGINAL Datalogger (Freeware) Author
ORGINAL finder of the 'extra' torque' limits
I don't have ME7.01 A2L I just use ID
bitmap

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2016, 06:58:33 AM »

Thanks guys, I'm trying my best Smiley

Next thing I'll try will be rescaled axis in KLLFPRSG and FNGPRS reduced to 500 rpm.
Unfortunately it has been snowing non stop past two days so I can't do any proper testing now.

In the mean time I'll try to find the limiter for LPFP duty cycle.

And regarding fuel pressure - do you think it is safe for pump and injectors to run 170 bar rail pressure in 4000+ rpm?

RS-MAD

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2016, 03:21:30 PM »

In the mean time I'll try to find the limiter for LPFP duty cycle.

I think your limiter for that is 52D18 , its 92%.
turbojohan

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2016, 11:52:46 PM »

Do you have functionsrahmen from med17?

Johan

« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 04:34:09 AM by turbojohan » Logged
n0ble

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2016, 12:34:54 PM »

Lol so you changed security access yet you have no idea about this ecu?
bitmap

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2016, 06:01:37 AM »

I did not change security access since I don't have any idea what it is nor what it does.
Those weird changes here and there (security access?) were done by the guy who did the engine swap.

I'm only tinkering with the maps for boost/fuel/spark but I haven't done any progress in the last month. I've been very busy lately so TSI is sitting in the garage and I'm driving my TDI every day.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2016, 08:11:14 PM »

Those weird changes here and there (security access?) were done by the guy who did the engine swap.

Throw it out and start from scratch.

At minimum, if you INSIST on using his file (you shouldn't) you should know what EVERY one of his changes does.

If you do not, and you don't intend to learn, and you don't intend to start from scratch either, forget it.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
bitmap

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2016, 03:21:06 AM »

Is it really that bad?
It's ECU for 1.8 engine cross flashed with SW for 2.0 liter engine and since everything works fine I just assumed all those little changes were made to make it work like this. I was given .ols project with completely stock program (apart from said little modifications).
I'm not a professional chiptuner and I don't know any of the electronic wizardry to "make things work". I just like to play with the calibration Smiley

So could you please tell me what exactly is wrong with my file or link me to some reading material that would allow me to find that out for myself?
Thank you Smiley

ddillenger

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2016, 03:35:19 AM »

It's not about good or bad. It's about ensuring you understand cause and effect.

If you don't understand the changes, how will you make sense of the results?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
bitmap

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2016, 04:04:41 AM »

I understand changes that I make.
I'm under the impression that nyet's comment was about the security access thing and not the whole file but I can be mistaken and he thinks that whole file is sh*t.

Again, I was given stock file with little tweaks that enabled 2.0 SW run in 1.8 ECU.
Car ran fine so I didn't mess with that and only modified things that affected engine's performance and other behaviour. You can criticise me for those and I will be happy for any constructive criticism but that security acces thing - you could be speaking in chineese and I still wouldn't understand Smiley
IamwhoIam

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2016, 04:51:04 AM »

It doesn't matter if it's security access or not, it was changed and you had strictly no idea why or what it was, I think that was nyet's point here. There could have been other changes, code or else, which you would also not have understood, and which could have affected the way the engine runs, how would you have done a decent job tuning the car in such a case?

bitmap

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2016, 05:22:27 AM »

I understand your reservations.
Guy who did it for me tunes diesels for a living and has been doing it for the last decade, so I expect he did at least Ok job and didn't screw anything up too badly.
Anyway, engine ran fine stock.
Engine ran fine tuned on regular petrol.
Engine runs fine now on E85 apart from obvious rail pressure issues but I'm almost 100% sure it is caused by my lack of experience with tuning this type ECU than enything else.

I realize that this situation is not ideal but I'm not an auto technician and I earn my money pushing papers so if I want to learn how to do this I have to rely on other people doing some things for me at least for now.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 05:24:58 AM by bitmap » Logged
IamwhoIam

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2016, 05:26:06 AM »

Maybe it's just me, but most people who have been doing diesels for the last decade (or two) have no f*** clue WTF they're doing when it comes to tuning. Yes they get power out of their stinky diesels, but most of them don't have the slightest clue why or how.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: