Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
Author Topic: 1.8t AWP Part throttle hickup!!! WTF!!  (Read 89010 times)
dream3R

« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2016, 03:36:54 PM »

I tried to start a seperate thread for just tuning this car, yaknow after i solve the hardware issue and that got shut down for some reason.

Idk why ur thread went but u need to get it running safely before tuning or you'll melt something man listen to us.

Fix run for a bit then start reading then tuning imo

How to work out values from an A2L Smiley

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5525.msg52371#msg52371

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

ORGORIGINAL 05 5120 creator for Volvo
ORIGINAL Datalogger (Freeware) Author
ORGINAL finder of the 'extra' torque' limits
I don't have ME7.01 A2L I just use ID
vwaudiguy

« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2016, 03:40:06 PM »

TAGBTS or similar iirc  the values can be widely different.

Thanks, Dreamy. I thought it was something different.

Pardon my frustration, I just don't see what we're learning here with this thread. I can think of many ways to tune hardware problems away. As a mechanic, I often struggle with doing it the harder way myself, when I know I can just code stuff out, or change some variable to get the intended result.. Smiley

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
dream3R

« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2016, 04:09:40 PM »

Thanks, Dreamy. I thought it was something different.

Pardon my frustration, I just don't see what we're learning here with this thread. I can think of many ways to tune hardware problems away. As a mechanic, I often struggle with doing it the harder way myself, when I know I can just code stuff out, or change some variable to get the intended result.. Smiley

No bother you must be frustrated.   I don't think this one is doable with software mate from your graph you have a fuel delivery issue.

Logs the bars I highlighted,  if your ecu file doesn't fine then I'll get them for you then we can be sure it's rkti.

As mentioned as soon as I seen the graph pages back I was like he's running out of fuel,  IDC confirmed this hypothesis,  so you have a fuel delivery issue as mentioned my multiple people,  start at the inlet manifold,  injectors,  inspect plugs and see where that gets you.
I think everyone is in agreement but you its a hw issue.   Sucks but give it a go good luck.   

This thread is full of repeated stuff like mentioned.   I'll look over the logs tomorrow as I just saw that rkti issue and didn't bother.   The facts are the car is running out of fuel put your mech heads on and fix that.   You can't nop  this one.  I can tell you how to use the rkti maps and turn them off but in doing so you'll end up running lean and fecking a head tbh.

You could also try a clone ecu.   Might be a fault there.    Just popped into my head that.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 04:12:17 PM by dream3R » Logged

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2016, 04:57:40 PM »

Once again, why are we messing with the tune? This seems like the biggest waste of time band-aid approach, that pretty much everyone looks down on here (rightfully so).

I was assuming the car was running fine stock. If it isn't, tuning around broken hw is definitely the wrong approach.

I'd return the car to 100% stock

1) stock intake (no bullshit cone filter)
2) stock dv (no bullshit aftermarket DVs)
3) stock cats and both o2s
4) stock ECU tune (except for SAI changes)

and go from there.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 04:59:49 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
golfputtputt

« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2016, 07:57:20 PM »

RKTI as requested

timxth_W

can't find other variables, irrelevant now.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 08:00:24 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
dream3R

« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2016, 09:17:27 PM »

RKTI as requested

timxth_W

can't find other variables, irrelevant now.

That is ur lower lambda limit?   Rich?  What's up with the other vars?   Looks like ATR tbh fuck me it's rich
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 09:19:58 PM by dream3R » Logged

golfputtputt

« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2016, 10:55:37 AM »

Update:
Replaced Throttle body due to P0507 code, logged, no change. IDC 120%, boost fluctuation still present.

Replaced fuel injectors, logged, no change. IDC 120%, boost fluctuation still present.

There are multiple issues going on here, unless this is the ECU. Next step, replace ecu as I have a spare. I just need some help adapting the ECU to my immo, I tried to do this before, following the steps i found on nefmoto in the immo section and it didn't work.

I'm also going to buy a new set of spark plugs and a 4 bar FPR off ECS tuning and replace one by one. I am convinced that if my ecu or O2 sensor or MAF is not fucked up, my hardware has officially maxed out injectors (cat less, 2.25" ss exhaust, cone filter, vvt enabled). An odd occurrence but I guess it's a possibility that now has to be considered a reality as I was not considering it before.

With money, winter approaching, job and teaching situations and other issues, going back to stock hardware is out of the question so I have to figure this out with what is on the car now.

…running out of patience and money...
dream3R

« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2016, 11:39:44 AM »

what's you're lower lamda rich limit set to?

vwaudiguy

« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2016, 12:07:40 PM »

If you checked and verified fuel pressure with an accurate gauge under load, there should be no need for the FPR. Also AWP's come with 3bar FPR'S. Unless you were going to add a 4bar to make it more interesting?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 12:09:37 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
golfputtputt

« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2016, 02:34:35 PM »

If you checked and verified fuel pressure with an accurate gauge under load, there should be no need for the FPR. Also AWP's come with 3bar FPR'S. Unless you were going to add a 4bar to make it more interesting?

Yes, once i fully determine or am concretely sure that my hardware setup has maxed out my injectors and that its not an issue from the o2, maf or ecu, i will be upgrading the fpr to 4 bar to put injectors back into play

I still have to figure out what is with the strange boost drop...plugs may address that...

I also have to run a smoke leak test and compression test

« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 05:53:47 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
golfputtputt

« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2016, 11:51:02 AM »

Update:
Ran a compression test. 210-215 PSI, engine is practically brand new with 180,000 miles on it.
Ran a smoke intake tract leak test. No signs of leaks.
Swapped donor ECU HS box in, logged. No changes, boost fluctuation still present, IDC still peaking at 120%

Plugs will be here this week. Going to grab fuel pump relay and n75 WG actuator solenoid from the scrap yard and swap in.

Going to buy an O2 and possibly a MAF this week and swap in and see if that has any effect on the issues.

Otherwise here's the game plan:
I 'm going to chock these issues up to software and hardware.

IDC peaking at 120%: Replacing 3 bar FPR with 4 bar FPR and see where IDC is at. Hopefully ya'll can give me some pointers on tuning afterwards?

Boost hickup: All I can think of is that something in the software is and has always been causing this strange drop. The changing of my hardware has exacerbated how this fluctuation feels. That, or there's something physically wrong with my actual turbocharger. Those are the only two ideas I have. Anyone want to vie for or against these theories?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2016, 11:58:27 AM »

Boost hickup

I still can't find a log that shows this (at least not WOT)

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
golfputtputt

« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2016, 01:19:28 PM »

I posted a png of it. You cannot feel it in WOT, just part throttle. Ill post another png. Its most noticeable in 2nd
vwaudiguy

« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2016, 05:02:37 PM »

"engine is practically brand new with 180,000 miles on it"

A cranking compression test only tells you so much, and usually unless something is VERY wrong, isn't much. I know I'm just splitting hairs, but this made me lol.

golfputtputt

« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2016, 07:48:07 AM »

Very true.
Im just trying to make myself feel better lol
Lots of other things could be bad. cam seals are giving me issues too. Leaking everywhere. Prob cuz of my draft tube ccv setup. It was only meant to be temporary, gotta fix that.

I have mating up a toyota ct26 twinscroll turbo ideas in mind but with 180,000 that aint happening without a full engine rebuild. That should happen soon if i have my way.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 08:06:53 AM by golfputtputt » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: