Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
Author Topic: 1.8t AWP Part throttle hickup!!! WTF!!  (Read 89013 times)
golfputtputt

« Reply #150 on: February 21, 2016, 10:12:36 AM »

You can test readiness by using VCDS/VAGCOM[60]
To fix up the EGT model:
ATM:
ZATMIKML = 1
ZATMIKKML = 1
TABGMEX = F(max)
TIKATMOE = 0
ZATMKML = 1
ZATMKKML = 1
TKATMOE = 0
(above maps can be skipped IF diagnostic functions DLSH, DLSAHK, DHLSHK, DSLSLRS, DKATLRS are disabled AND LAMBTS, LRSKA, BBSAWE, LRSHK are fixed as shown further down. But personally I would set these maps anyway to do a *proper fix*, so even me7 logger would log tkatm_w = tikatm_w = tabgm)
CWKONABG.0 = 0
TKATW = F(max)
LAMBTS (1. use temperature in exhaust manifold for BTS enrichment instead of precat 2. Enable LAMBTS only on high exhaust manifold temperatures - ignore cat/precat temperatures):
CWLAMBTS.2 = 1
DTBTS = 0
TKATBTS = F(max)
TIKATBTS = F(max)

Reread the wiki, should i have set ATM maps to fix the EGT model if i only have no cat and still rear O2? Not sure if it pertains but maybe my EGT model is off?
Thoughts?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 10:14:16 AM by golfputtputt » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2016, 01:19:14 PM »

Reread the wiki, should i have set ATM maps to fix the EGT model if i only have no cat and still rear O2?

Err. That is misleading Sad

I blame the wiki: it says something about removing the O2 requires fixes to the "EGT model" which is a misnomer. It should be the "O2 sensor temp model".

I'll fix it time permitting... or maybe dd will beat me too it Smiley

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
golfputtputt

« Reply #152 on: February 21, 2016, 03:48:50 PM »

so just to confirm, exclusively removing the rear O2 requires changes to ATM, otherwise, no changes necessary? (such as cat removal)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 03:52:22 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #153 on: February 21, 2016, 03:54:06 PM »

so just to confirm, exclusively removing the rear O2 requires changes to ATM, otherwise, no changes necessary? (such as cat removal)

Yea, generally nothing else, at least on the 2.7t, unfortunately that is my only first hand experience with rear o2 removal.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
phila_dot

« Reply #154 on: February 22, 2016, 08:08:23 AM »

No, the attempt is to change the model for removal of pre-cats and it is definitely not necesary imo.

In your current situation, I suggest you try to keep changes to a minimum.
golfputtputt

« Reply #155 on: February 22, 2016, 10:46:05 AM »

Thanks for the clarity. I will try and zero KFFDLBTS temporarily and log tomorrow to expose dlambts_w
golfputtputt

« Reply #156 on: February 23, 2016, 10:32:25 AM »

Ok, I don't know if lambts_w is the same as dlambts_w. I'm assuming not, which means the variable is not in my CFG file. I still  have no clue how to add variables to my CFG file and every time I search, I come up empty handed.

Here is the log with the KFFDLBTS table zero'ed. I don't see any difference from any other log I've taken.

If I'm logging wrong variables, please give me some input as to which ones to log.

I also got a code I haven't gotten before: P0130 Oxygen (lambda) Sensor B1 S1- malfunction in circuit-intermittent.

Thinking out loud here. I should've thought about this before, as I teach ceramics. 700 deg C (1292 deg F) is a dull red color which is pretty fuckin' hot, if you assume that upstream of the front O2 is prob a couple hundred degrees hotter (say 920 deg C, 1688 deg F) that's a bright red orange color according to my pyrometric cone chart. That's pretty damn close to melt the shit out of my engine temperatures. Yet I have brought my car to WOT several times for logging over the past month with no catastrophic failures. To me, this sounds like the EGT model is wrong. Also, the new code seems to be a tip off. This is all assuming the o2 sensor has influence on the EGT model as i dont actually know how its calculated.

Time to pony up and buy new O2's. I'll do that and get back to ya'll.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 12:34:04 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
phila_dot

« Reply #157 on: February 23, 2016, 03:10:32 PM »

Not to overlook the obvious, post KFLBTS.
phila_dot

« Reply #158 on: February 23, 2016, 03:16:37 PM »

No dlambts_w offsets (delta) lambts_w for ignition angle efficiency.

KFFDLBTS = 0 -> dlamtbts_w = 0

I assumed you already checked KFLBTS, but it looks like that's the source of your problem.
golfputtputt

« Reply #159 on: February 23, 2016, 07:25:07 PM »

KFD
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2016, 08:31:15 PM »

That is not KFLBTS

ECUx Plot

golfputtputt

« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2016, 09:58:22 PM »

Durr, my bad.
 Tongue
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2016, 11:16:47 PM »

I spy a ton of enrichment.

ECUx Plot

golfputtputt

« Reply #163 on: February 27, 2016, 09:36:51 AM »

Setting kfl, kfdl and kffdl to .8204 max enrichment. Whats the rule of thumb for the relation between egt model and egt enrichment? Lamfa is about .838. Heard someone post that he drops bts about that amount below lamfa...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 10:34:00 AM by golfputtputt » Logged
golfputtputt

« Reply #164 on: March 03, 2016, 01:32:23 PM »

I've been working and studying a bit. Could you review the fueling changes I've done so far and comment?
I've enabled KR, using Lamfa ever so slightly and also have BTS in place.

One log is a 2nd-5th gear pull on the highway full clip. 940 C egt at highest with 11.37 AFR richest out of both BTS and KR.
I look at my logs and see that KR is operating but DZWLAMFAW (amongst other variables, such as selected gear) appear in my logs every so often, but in other logs, they are static 0 and I'm not sure why the switch.

One CSV: WOT single 2nd gear pull: DZW shows up down to -2.25 once
Other CSV: WOT 2nd-3rd-4th-5th: DZW all 0.

Also, selected gear used to show up but no longer does. What gives?

CWLAMFAW is 0, factory setting

Also contemplating removing lamfa from the picture, in the single WOT pull log, there are no huge drops of enrichment when the throttle plate re opens upon shifting into the next gear. Any idea what may cause this?

when bit zero is set to 0, don't allow dzwwl to advance dzwlamfaw.
what does this mean? I think cw is not set properly, it's scalar is 0. How do you find bit 0? Also, does anyone have info on logging dzwwl?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 09:08:01 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
  Print  

Jump to: