Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
Author Topic: 1.8t AWP Part throttle hickup!!! WTF!!  (Read 89008 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #180 on: April 26, 2016, 09:38:33 PM »

I'm honestly not seeing anything else in those logs.

gear is 0, vehicle speed is 0, hard to tell what is shift and what is ped dropping out and what is you off throttle.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
golfputtputt

« Reply #181 on: April 26, 2016, 10:01:28 PM »

Yea I don't really know why selected gear stopped working. I believe selected gear is calculated off of vehicle speed sensor input which I am still having issues with and possibly wheel diameter size. I read about it a while back. i can't remember what it said.

Im going to get that sorted so logs can have needed data again. Not sure what might be causing the boost fluctuation. I'm out of ideas and I think I'm going to cease the chase.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 10:03:50 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #182 on: April 26, 2016, 10:02:35 PM »

Is it possible something is wrong with your vehicle speed sensor? Esp if it was working before?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
golfputtputt

« Reply #183 on: April 26, 2016, 10:05:13 PM »

Yes. I keep getting an implausible sensor code intermittent for vehicle speed. I replaced the sensor top (the actual sensor that has to do with electricals) with a new one but it's still happening. I'm going to replace the gear wheel and stalk, the whole thing and see whats that does.

Looks like this:

Any idea on the extent to which vehicle speed is used to calculate motor functions such as say throttle position as an example? or maybe fuel input or boost cutting? maybe abs function or something?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 10:09:35 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
adam-

« Reply #184 on: April 26, 2016, 11:43:39 PM »

Have you pulled the cluster fuse?
golfputtputt

« Reply #185 on: April 27, 2016, 12:48:32 AM »

Every time i log. I have to with my mk4.
adam-

« Reply #186 on: April 27, 2016, 02:01:50 AM »

If I pull the cluster fuse NLS/AL works at all speeds, so I think that's why you've got no gangi.  ESP works as normal when my cluster is live too.
SB_GLI

« Reply #187 on: April 27, 2016, 09:45:57 AM »

Yep, cluster fuse pulled = no reference to vehicle speed and thus gear.  It causes all sorts of other craziness.  Wish we had me7logger source to try to fix so we didn't have to pull cluster fuse.  Sad

golfputtputt, it seems like you are trying way too hard to fix a hardware issue with software changes.   I would revert back to a completely stock file and try to address your issue from there. 

Also, what Nyet said about accel pedal position.  dig into that.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 10:02:47 AM by SB_GLI » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #188 on: April 27, 2016, 10:05:52 AM »

Yep, cluster fuse pulled = no reference to vehicle speed and thus gear.  It causes all sorts of other craziness.  Wish we had me7logger source to try to fix so we didn't have to pull cluster fuse.  Sad

Yea, make sense.

I would revert back to a completely stock file and try to address your issue from there. 

I agree

Also, what Nyet said about accel pedal position.  dig into that.

Unless those really are shifts..

ECUx Plot

golfputtputt

« Reply #189 on: April 27, 2016, 11:29:30 AM »

Yea those are shifts. If you refence throttle angle with ped pos it drops too. Plus i know that log and its my "around town" style of driving. Short shift to 4th and cruise.

I mean, i guess it wouldnt hurt to replace the pedal, hell ive replaced alot of other things chasing this problem...

Alright. Ill load in the stock file and see whatsup. I actually had the thought that maybe i could get a clue about a possible hardware issue through software cues but no go.

Unfortunately, that still leaves me with very few ideas. Next to try: maybe bad turbo? Maybe bad dual mass flywheel? Otherwise, ive tried logical stuff like compression and leak down test, plugs, intake tract leak etc

Also for my reference, whats NLS/AL?

« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 11:33:28 AM by golfputtputt » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #190 on: April 27, 2016, 11:45:11 AM »

If you refence throttle angle with ped pos it drops too.

If the pedal was bad, the throttle angle would definitely still change Tongue

Also for my reference, whats NLS/AL?

No lift shift, anti-lag

ECUx Plot

golfputtputt

« Reply #191 on: April 27, 2016, 01:53:20 PM »

Hmm. alright thats news to me. I may try and find a deal on a new pedal and see what happens.

Thanks, that's what I thought, no lift shift, anti lag.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #192 on: April 27, 2016, 02:01:38 PM »

Hmm. alright thats news to me. I may try and find a deal on a new pedal and see what happens.

I'd verify this by log first; no point in spending money on a pedal

You said those dropouts were just shifts.. should be easy enough to verify.

I supposed I could look for cluch in/out in your logs as well but I'm lazy; do it yourself Tongue

ECUx Plot

golfputtputt

« Reply #193 on: April 29, 2016, 07:58:49 PM »

Solved the issue. At the beginning of this thread, I replaced the line to the FPR with what i thought was new rubber. Wrong, whatever auto zone sold me must have been sitting around for a while because it had split wide open at the bend points in the rubber and was crumbling inside. I have divorced the crankcase and intake systems so there should be no oil or oil residue in or near these lines. Replaced with a different line, thick wall reinforced rubber hose. Maybe this time my vacuum lines won't crumble to pieces twice in two months. Found out by blasting things with brake cleaner whilst keeping the car in block 037 test to baseline an idle and check for fluctuations.

after 13 pages. Closure, finally….

Thank you for everyone's help.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 08:02:13 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
SB_GLI

« Reply #194 on: April 30, 2016, 06:18:17 AM »

now you can tune it! Grin  try and upload some logs!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  

Jump to: