Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 03:14:40 PM 
Started by M.Mischler - Last post by M.Mischler
Hello

Target
I want to adapt the software 8D0907551K from my RS4 B5 to the new base charge pressure (waste gate cracking pressure) of the new turbochargers. The original waste gate cracking pressure is approximately 400 mBar (6 PSI) and now it is approximately 900 mBar (14 PSI).

Possible solutions
I have read in the forum about four different solutions to made this adjustment. As far as I understand, only the following two solutions are possible in my case:

Solution no.1
Only adjust the vpssplg axis of KFVPDKSD and KFVPDKSE maps.

The KFPLGUB and KFDPLGU maps do not exist in the DAMOS of 8D0907551K. This means that I cannot directly modify the calculation of plgrus_w. However, I know the calculation for vpssplg:
RS4: plgrus_w = Output of KFPLGU/B
vpssplg = pssol_w/plgrus_w. vpssplg is the axis for KFPVDKSE/D

vpssplg (Druckverhaltnis Saugrohrsolldruck zu Grundladedruck) = pssol_w (Sollsaugrohrdruck) / plgrus_w (Grundladedruck Sollwert).

According to
cracking pressure is ratio = 1
, the axis vpssplg has the value 1 for the base charge pressure. I assume that the original base charge pressure has the value 1400mBar.
If I use the assumed original value of 1400mBar for plgrus_w in the calculation and use the new base charge pressure of 1900mBar for pssol_w, I get the following ratio value: 1900mBar / 1400mBar = 1.357142857142857.

The ratio of plgrus_w = 1.357142857142857 therefore corresponds to the new base charge pressure of 1900 mbar.

The values of the axis vpssplg_w of the maps KFVPDKSD and KFVPDKSE multiplied by the factor 1.357142857142857 results in:

In comparison, the original values:

Solution no.2
Only change the KFVPLGU map according to
...First ...get a 3rd gear log of my "base boost pressure" with 0% WGDC. I used that data to fill in the last column of KFVPLGU, and then adjusted the rest of the map to keep the same shape as stock but increased for my new wastegates (15-16 psi). With it set up this way, the ECU knows to control boost under the wastegate pressure with the throttle plate (no need to change the vpssplg_w axis for KFVPDKSD/E).

...KFVPLGU ...I set all the rpm rows before I hit my peak boost to the same value, I'm not sure if I was correct in doing that.. but I haven't noticed any ill effects...

OEM values:

Values adapted to the new waste gate cracking pressure:

Question to the forum
Do you recommend solution no.1 or no.2 for me? Or is there another solution variant that is better and I'm able to do (please be aware, I'm haven't the skill to change assembler code)?

on: Today at 01:19:51 PM 
Started by NdM - Last post by NdM
Hello, a short update. I fitted the EDC16U1 with the number 03G906016FF but just reflashed it with a flash from a DSG car so that in the VCDS i could code it to DSG.

The car is working and in the moment i have a couple of things to sort out. First, my AC is not working, as in not starting at all, when i switch on the climatronic the fans are not spinning and the clutch is not engaged as there is no cold air. In the ECU connectors there are no wires in the place where the Klimaanforderung is (E_S_AC technical description) and in my EDC15 there is a wire.

Second i have also a wire for Motorluftrelais (A_T_MLR) but on EDC16 there is Kuhlerventilator (A_T_LUES1). When i connect those wires the fans start spinning with ACC on, and after the key is removed they keep spinning for about 5 s.

Third problem is, the ECU is reporting a fault for brake switch, although the DSG and the ABS can see the brake switch and it is operating normal in abs and DSG measuring blocks.

And the last issue that i have is the ASV. On EDC16 it is electronically operated but mine is vacuum operated. I found the wires on the connector and tried to use just the wires for the motor but as soon as i start the car the ASV shuts and the engine dies. I guess hier i will have to feed the ECU a signal so that it thinks the ASV is open. I should have somewhere on the ECU a 5V free pin which i could short with the input pin for the ASV but is this correct, is the voltage 5V for an open ASV on golf mk5.

Is there someone who has done something similar or is willing to help.

on: Today at 12:20:49 PM 
Started by Kacpern - Last post by gremlin
On the picture
KFZW -> 121EA
KFZW2 -> 122AA
8-bit values
GradKW = value * 0.75

on: Today at 10:32:18 AM 
Started by Kacpern - Last post by Kacpern
Hello
How to find the ignition advance angle map in me 7.5 06A906032FK 3940 This is 2.0 not 1.8Turbo ? There is no damos for it anywhere.
I want to change the ignition for LPG
Any advice, map size, anything ?
Greetings

on: Today at 08:55:00 AM 
Started by ArgDub - Last post by mrbarista
Hey,

I read my ME731 ecu and saved eeprom file with this tool. I'm editing hex file. I tried flash this file to eeprom but it didnt verify. Then i read eeprom and save the file again. It seems nothing changed in the eeprom.

I attached eeprom .bin file i read. I want to virginate my ECU.

on: Today at 08:50:03 AM 
Started by alentje - Last post by kunta
Hello everyone, I have a similar problem and would like to ask you to evaluate, maybe improve the software of this ecu.

on: Today at 08:45:46 AM 
Started by slyterin - Last post by 1gcrazy
Anyone ever find this?

on: Today at 04:31:08 AM 
Started by SB_GLI - Last post by Den_95
Dude, english.

Hi! Do you have a password for the PDF file to split it into parts?

on: Today at 01:06:53 AM 
Started by Jannik07 - Last post by prj
No issues to 7.4k for sure.
But you really only need higher rpm in 1st gear usually.... In higher gears there is no use going higher because power tends to start dropping quite a bit at the end.

on: Yesterday at 11:46:38 PM 
Started by Rick81 - Last post by Rick81
Hi I believe there is a few models of Simos . Would nefmoto be able to flash the manual file to the car

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10