Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26
Author Topic: ME7.9.10 - Understanding the torque model  (Read 180482 times)
woj

« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2018, 02:27:30 PM »

Two more things:

In your definition, the conversion factor for KFLDBHN is wrong, the formula is X/0x2000 (dec 8192) to get a 1.0 based compression factor.

KFTVLDST does not do anything unless the CWMDAPP is changed accordingly.

EDIT: it should have been CWMDAPP from the start.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 02:53:32 PM by woj » Logged
slickkon

« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2018, 05:56:27 PM »

Hi WOJ,

I tried looking into the CWMDAFR in the Mito damos, looks like a 1*1 map?  can you share what is the correct value in order to use KFTVLDST.?

Thanks WOJ!

woj

« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2018, 06:54:15 AM »

Bit #3 (mask 0x08) switches this. Just be informed that this also completely disables closed loop boost control on this ECU.
patrickmotors

« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2018, 07:59:51 AM »

what are the _UM maps for?
slickkon

« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2018, 08:36:23 AM »

Bit #3 (mask 0x08) switches this. Just be informed that this also completely disables closed loop boost control on this ECU.

Thank WOJ, however, I'm still clueless on how to do this in Winols .. possible tutorial? maybe chat in PM?
woj

« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2018, 02:52:43 PM »

Thank WOJ, however, I'm still clueless on how to do this in Winols .. possible tutorial? maybe chat in PM?

I somehow saw this coming. Try not to ask questions like this so shamelessly, or otherwise Mr. Nyet might have an urge to move the whole thread to the Noob section, we certainly do not want that Wink Wink

Well, one of the reasons I am not a great fan of WinOLS, downgrading everything to "maps" :/

To the point, first, we should be talking about CWMDAPP, which does the KFTVLDST thing, not CWMDAFR, the bit number stays as I said. In my ECU CWMDAPP is by factory hex 0x00 (a byte), which WinOLS shows as 0.000 I am guessing. Setting bit 3 on is in this case the same as simply replacing 0x00 with the bit 3 mask of 0x08, which in WinOLS arithmetic is 8.0, not surprisingly.

Somebody with WinOLS correct me, I am not sure I even still have it anywhere to start it up.

Then the KFTVLDST soley defines duty cycles for the boost control valve as a function of RPM and PED, that is it. 
woj

« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2018, 02:56:14 PM »

what are the _UM maps for?

These would be the secondary monitoring maps.
slickkon

« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2018, 11:21:32 PM »

I somehow saw this coming. Try not to ask questions like this so shamelessly, or otherwise Mr. Nyet might have an urge to move the whole thread to the Noob section, we certainly do not want that Wink Wink

Well, one of the reasons I am not a great fan of WinOLS, downgrading everything to "maps" :/

To the point, first, we should be talking about CWMDAPP, which does the KFTVLDST thing, not CWMDAFR, the bit number stays as I said. In my ECU CWMDAPP is by factory hex 0x00 (a byte), which WinOLS shows as 0.000 I am guessing. Setting bit 3 on is in this case the same as simply replacing 0x00 with the bit 3 mask of 0x08, which in WinOLS arithmetic is 8.0, not surprisingly.

Somebody with WinOLS correct me, I am not sure I even still have it anywhere to start it up.

Then the KFTVLDST soley defines duty cycles for the boost control valve as a function of RPM and PED, that is it. 

very very cool.. thanks WOJ!.couodbt have asked for a better explanation..
patrickmotors

« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2018, 04:54:30 PM »

These would be the secondary monitoring maps.
can you tell me what it's for _UC?
woj

« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2018, 02:23:34 PM »

You have a compressor map inside this ECU...look in that section, there is the answer to your question, not only this map, but the main reason why you are not able to request more boost

Now that I have looked a bit more into some maps - we discussed this compressor map here and there in this thread with me doing some claims that it should not affect the requested boost. But, neither you or me actually ever gave names or values for the maps that we were thinking of, and hence possible confusion. As I see it from the map packs:

ETATUR - Turbine efficiency
KFETAVD - Compressor efficiency

These two sit in the BGHATLSTS and are used to calculated the desired WG opening (through some calculations I am trying to reverse from the code at the moment). These were the ones I had in mind all the time.

Then there is:

KFLDBHN - Maximum ratio of the compressor

in the module BGRLMXS and I can only guess that this is the one (-s, there are two) that you meant. For reference I attach the values from one of the Esseesse bins.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 02:36:07 PM by woj » Logged
overspeed

« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2018, 04:50:08 AM »

Now you are reaching the rigth path...
prj

« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2018, 05:02:14 AM »

If you have stock turbo you can as a quick hack lower ETATUR up top and also KFETAVD, that will give you a bit more DC (if it's not giving enough).
If you have an aftermarket turbo, screw all that shit and make a simple pressure ratio by rpm map where to take the precontrol value from. You will never calibrate that crazy boost control... it's wonky even factory calibrated.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
woj

« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2018, 10:17:16 AM »

The DC can be probably changed directly in TVLDSTDPW bypassing most of this indeed mostly useless contraption. The separate map is not that easy for this ECU as you say. I mean, the map itself is trivial, for the map one could even recycle the KFTVLDST by changing the PED axis into pressure. The problem is where the PID is applied, it is not on the DC, way earlier than that, on the required wg valve flow. That is translated to wg valve opening, then to differential pressure in the wg actuator, and only then to DC. And all this taking into account some other contributing factors obviously. So the PID would need to be moved from flow to DC or implemented fresh (not that I have not done this, I have ST10 code I wrote for another ECU for this, not a straight fit though).

And a different thing - some of these boost control related maps (wg valve opening to diff. pressure in the actuator and vice versa) define the wg cracking pressure, so to get the right throttle functioning one would have to touch these too. At least I have not seen the KFVPDKS maps present in other ME7 sorts.

And, I want to know how this contraption works to feed my own curiosity, work continues...
prj

« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2018, 11:43:09 AM »

The DC can be probably changed directly in TVLDSTDPW bypassing most of this indeed mostly useless contraption. The separate map is not that easy for this ECU as you say. I mean, the map itself is trivial, for the map one could even recycle the KFTVLDST by changing the PED axis into pressure. The problem is where the PID is applied, it is not on the DC, way earlier than that, on the required wg valve flow. That is translated to wg valve opening, then to differential pressure in the wg actuator, and only then to DC. And all this taking into account some other contributing factors obviously. So the PID would need to be moved from flow to DC or implemented fresh (not that I have not done this, I have ST10 code I wrote for another ECU for this, not a straight fit though).

And a different thing - some of these boost control related maps (wg valve opening to diff. pressure in the actuator and vice versa) define the wg cracking pressure, so to get the right throttle functioning one would have to touch these too. At least I have not seen the KFVPDKS maps present in other ME7 sorts.

And, I want to know how this contraption works to feed my own curiosity, work continues...

I know exactly how it works, and PID is separate from pre-control.
Read what I wrote again, but this time without assuming that you know better Smiley

You are looking way too late in the chain, pre-control has to be set to a map, the conversions into actuator lift and so on is just actuator linearization, like KFLDRL. Nothing special.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
woj

« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2018, 01:00:00 PM »

Actually, I did not assume I know better, I only assumed that you implied to introduce F(RPM, Pressure) -> DC for pre-control, but that's not what you said, not sure why I read it this way Wink The rest just follows this wrong assumption.

Also, I agree that violating TVLDSTDPW right away to remedy poor pre-control and PIDs inability to correct it in time is a huge short cut and total oversimplification of the process where one looses dependence on many factors for pre-control, nevertheless, one that might work for simple fixes. I do know that the process starts much earlier than that, it is exactly what I try to figure out step by step, also to see where exactly to short-circuit it nicely like you proposed.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: