Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26
Author Topic: ME7.9.10 - Understanding the torque model  (Read 177450 times)
woj

« Reply #345 on: February 10, 2019, 03:59:40 PM »

I think the correction maps that you are dismissing so easily is what you are looking for, check the KFSZFRL map, in combination with KFSZMN it gives szout (well, almost). And as far I as remember looking at all this, there is no FTOMN on this one.
woj

« Reply #346 on: February 11, 2019, 04:46:18 AM »

Shit, I had grand plans to start doing some mild stage 1 tune on E85, prepped my program, ECU, logging. My Zt-2 seems to have died, I don't get AFR readings (they stay at 14.7). It might be that the connection to the sensor is broken (I snapped some plastic parts for the connector on the controller when disconnecting it last time, but I think I glued everything together fine), or the sensor died. So - what are typical symptoms of a dead AFR sensor?

EDIT: False alarm, bad connection, just don't see how on Earth was that possible...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 08:41:27 AM by woj » Logged
370rx

« Reply #347 on: February 12, 2019, 04:41:31 AM »

well, that's no problem! Waiting for the results of your work, very interesting)
Mamba10

« Reply #348 on: February 19, 2019, 03:11:39 PM »

I think the correction maps that you are dismissing so easily is what you are looking for, check the KFSZFRL map, in combination with KFSZMN it gives szout (well, almost). And as far I as remember looking at all this, there is no FTOMN on this one.
Thank you Woj. I was so focused on trying to find it that i disregarded the rest to easily.
tidus1985

« Reply #349 on: March 01, 2019, 02:16:03 PM »

hi everyone, i'm trying to get more boost pressure with my td04, now the requested pressure is ok but the actual pressure con reach the requested pressure due to bad wg electronic calibration, i've made many try with the  wg duty cile map but without good result, what is the pid map for the boost controller? is like the diesel pid where there is the D, P and I maps, i've regulated correclty eith that pid on many edc16c39 map, but with the mito incompleted damos i can't find the map to increase the P valure of the turbo pid's and add more correction on the boost, my file is the same file from bravo 150hp sport that have teobolo
woj

« Reply #350 on: March 01, 2019, 03:25:01 PM »

You're not the first and not the last to have problems with the boost controller on this ECU Wink which is over engineered. Playing with PID will not help you much, you need to fix the pre-control map, there is several of them, but your best bet is KFETAVD. How to tune it, I have no idea, and Mr. prj said somewhere earlier in this thread it's a futile exercise. Probably your best first attack is to try to copy the contents of this and other boost control maps from the Abarth SS bins.

This is all assuming you do not have boost leaks, which is another option, or that despite your faith in TD04 you are not requesting too much from it. Not to mention WG cracking pressures and related throttle things.
Mamba10

« Reply #351 on: May 22, 2019, 02:18:52 PM »

I briefly looked at these last files that you posted, don't have the correct definition for this one either, but I managed to check the obvious. I'd set the PVDXABS higher than 305 kPa just to be sure, but that's probably not it (it is the sensor's max anyhow).

More importantly, at 0xB6B2A you have a 4x4 map that you left untouched which is limiting RL to 220 all over (or so I think looking at my other esseesse file and definition). Try raising that. I called this map in the previous posts "MAXRL dep air density", because I could not find the right Bosch name for it. This is a word map with conversion X*1536/65535.

I am actually curious if that is it...
Bit of bump (sorry..). Trying to find the 'MAXRL dep air density' map on 0261201684 / 390454 (120hp Grande Punto) but it doesn't seem to be there (neither on 0261201685 / 391129 and probably more from the same family). I do however see a 4x1 map on A67F8 which is found in the mito damos under RLMXELDR / Maximum charge to protect against overpressure in turbocharger failure E_ldr. Also has the same conversion ratio. And i don't see that map in 0261201685 / 395673.

I think it's correct but maybe someone wants to take a quick peek Smiley.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 02:21:25 PM by Mamba10 » Logged
woj

« Reply #352 on: July 06, 2019, 03:26:40 PM »

Bit of bump (sorry..). Trying to find the 'MAXRL dep air density' map on 0261201684 / 390454 (120hp Grande Punto) but it doesn't seem to be there (neither on 0261201685 / 391129 and probably more from the same family). I do however see a 4x1 map on A67F8 which is found in the mito damos under RLMXELDR / Maximum charge to protect against overpressure in turbocharger failure E_ldr. Also has the same conversion ratio. And i don't see that map in 0261201685 / 395673.

I think it's correct but maybe someone wants to take a quick peek Smiley.

Long time ago, yet... Your GP bin does not have this map. The A67F8 map is active only when there is an over charge error active, so no need to worry about this if your tune is "healthy".

Generally, there two classes of bins here: (a) two 2D maps for limiting load depending on air density and rpm, one general and one on error, (b) just the second error map, but with only one rpm dimension.
pOwy

« Reply #353 on: July 31, 2022, 11:58:21 AM »

Hello!

I'm just starting to tune this ecu on a grande punto ss 180bhp with bigger turbo, injectors, decat downpipe and fmic.
i made some me7.5 some years ago, but this is a little different and i forgot many things.
I just read the 24 pages, and now i think i unterstand it.

Thank you Woj and Prj for the good and many Info and work!!
pOwy

« Reply #354 on: January 07, 2023, 09:15:24 AM »

Hello!

I am not sure if someone still looks at this post, but i try it anyway Smiley
I have an abarth punto 1.4tjet, with td04 turbo, fmic, 380cc injectors and 2,5" exhaust, and i cant really get good spool with this "funny" boost controller. I read that earlier from Prj that should make an own boost controller, but i dont have that knowledge in ASM Sad
I turned off the PID controller with CWMDAPP like Woj wrote and set the boost with KFTVLDST, it is working fine i got boost 1000rpm earlier but that is not a good way to make it, that map is too small and PED/rpm is not really good for boost control.
I tried to change ETATUR,KFETAVD,HLDSTNGMT but those are not really helping, turbo spools like when there is no boost controller just WG spring, boost rises with RPM.

Can someone help me a little what is the best way to get WG DC higher?
prj

« Reply #355 on: January 07, 2023, 12:23:01 PM »

ETATUR,KFETAVD,HLDSTNGMT
Leave those alone.

The main map is KFDPTAVE.
And then you have actuator linearization TVLDSTDPW.

If you have a ram logger, you can modify KFDPTAVE according to logs (but it's very difficult to get it right).

If you don't, or just for a much faster way, you need to replace the axis on KFDPTAVE to nmot_w and plsol_w in the code.
Then you can even get it dialed in with multiecuscan, just read one of the threads on here that relates to KFLDIMX/KFLDRL tuning, and do the same linearization runs, and fill the data reverse calculated through TVLDSTDPW.
Essentially TVLDSTDPW can also be calculated to flatten KFDPTAVE, the way KFLDRL is used to flatten KFLDIMX.

Not sure what else to tell you, there is no shortcut for this stuff, but fixing the KFDPTAVE axis is much much faster than doing it any other way.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
pOwy

« Reply #356 on: January 08, 2023, 06:38:18 AM »

Hello!

Thanks for your answer/info.

I have a problem already in IDA pro to set up my binary right, i used the settings what Woj wrote in this
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=16367.0title=
 post.
It looks fine i set up the dpp registers but the whole bin is still not lining up with winols.
I really want to know how to call a different axis for that map, but i cant even find it Smiley

Now i just stupidly gave +/-20% to KFDPTAVE, to see what is even happening but it didnt react much for that too, what does not make much sense for me.
I get that it will be not easy to set up because of the axis, but it didnt care about that anyway Smiley

I tried yesterday to use KFTVLDST, actually with 95% DC the boost came still too late, then i made the WG a bit stiffer, that helped much, and i get desired boost, but still a bit too late,
if boostcontroller is on.

370rx

« Reply #357 on: January 08, 2023, 11:27:19 AM »

what is the stiffness of the spring of the westgate actuator? publish your logs n75, actual boost, requested boost
pOwy

« Reply #358 on: January 08, 2023, 02:13:25 PM »

Hi!

sooo funny story today, i tried KFDPTAVE more crazy just give it -+50% doesnt really reacting to that. Then i tried to change TVLDSTDPW same stupid -+70% just to see whats happening, carefully give gas not to get out the connecting rod. -70% to the whole TVLDSTDPW made actually that the DC cant go more than 30% up and the car spooled crazy already at 3000rpm.
Sooo yeah the guy who built the turbo in changed the n75 hoses Cheesy thats why the boost came too late and creeped up top...

Anywaaay i still dont get that why it is nothing changing if i change KFDPTAVE, some idea?

I played some with the TVLDSTDPW and it works pretty good, i dont have overboost anymore and it spools early, still a little boost creep up top but not bad.
It looks like TVLDSTDPW on the axis from 0,625-1,530 is not really used (i can put there from 5%-0% and DC is not changing), i am not sure if it is a good idea, to make on the axis more resolution from 0-0,625 because in this area it changes the DC, then i could get a better regulation.

Thank you
pOwy

« Reply #359 on: January 08, 2023, 02:15:10 PM »

I forget the photo from the map what i am talking about Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26
  Print  

Jump to: