Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25
Author Topic: NOTORIOUS VR's M-box Stage 2++ and ALL VARIATIONS. NO NEW THREADS ON THIS.  (Read 248451 times)
corradovolksb

^^ nice catch Smiley

Thanks I should have caught it before I posted it but that's learning right haha
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 08:01:57 PM by corradovolksb » Logged

2000 Nogaro blue S4 Stage 2. VAG for life.
nyet
Administrator

It would be nice if we had a way of reading that giac w/ a def file to see what they do to get thr mileage difference. Is it just a cluster thing?

meh. no thanks

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Damunky

Here's some more logs from this tune running on my car, I don't believe I'm running as healthy as I should be. BTW, my brother was driving so I'm not sure why he didn't rev out to 6500 :/.

Lastly, I was confused here, how can duty cycle ever be greater than 100%??
nyet
Administrator

You're out of injector... got a wideband?

Honestly, though, except for that, the logs look good. timing is good, boost looks good, your knock is under control.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Damunky

You're out of injector... got a wideband?

Honestly, though, except for that, the logs look good. timing is good, boost looks good, your knock is under control.

I could grab a wideband, but I'm assuming it would do no good in a post cat o2 sensor location?
I wonder if my injectors/fuel filter could be clogged? Or if they are just maxing out.. In that case has anyone run slightly uprated injectors on this tune?

Btw nyet, thanks so much for ecuxplot, I can't believe I was wasting hours of time previously plotting with excel lol.
nyet
Administrator

I could grab a wideband, but I'm assuming it would do no good in a post cat o2 sensor location?

It will be off by a bit, but not much. Most dynos use tail pipe sniffers and they're pretty accurate.

I wonder if my injectors/fuel filter could be clogged?

Nothing in your log would indicate that... you're open loop so whatever the ECU is requesting isn't going to be affected by that. Bank1 looks a bit lean, but that could be O2 sensor - you can never trust narrow bands.

Or if they are just maxing out.. In that case has anyone run slightly uprated injectors on this tune?

This. They are maxed. You could run bigger injectors, but honestly your log looks pretty good as is, and you can't really run much more boost on k03s.

Btw nyet, thanks so much for ecuxplot

You're VERY welcome! Please feel free to post feedback, bug reports, questions, etc. BTW you might want to grab the latest version, you are using an older version where the colors start repeating (see your knock voltage logs...) Also, the latest version has presets so you can batch export a bunch of graphs at once
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 09:22:39 AM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Damunky

About the wideband:  I'm in a similar situation and asked if anyone had tried it post pre-cat on QW.
I'm still not sure if it's a great idea, but it's not the massive difference I imagined (at least in some cases).
http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4/msgs/145700.phtml

Thanks for the link man, I was wondering this same question. Even if it's not perfectly accurate, I guess I'll at least get a pretty good idea.

This. They are maxed. You could run bigger injectors, but honestly your log looks pretty good as is, and you can't really run much more boost on k03s.

You're VERY welcome! Please feel free to post feedback, bug reports, questions, etc. BTW you might want to grab the latest version, you are using an older version where the colors start repeating (see your knock voltage logs...) Also, the latest version has presets so you can batch export a bunch of graphs at once

Thanks for the log feedback nyet Wink. I grabbed the version off of the link in your sig, is the newer version in your SVN repository? I only saw a direct link to 0.9r4.0.
nyet
Administrator

0.9r4.0 is it.. there are a few more checkins into the svn but theyr'e all cosmetic.

ECUx Plot

yoyo28gsi

it's 275 WHP or at engine?
corradovolksb

it's 275 WHP or at engine?

I put down 275hp and 348tq before the fueling changes. It feels stronger now.  Grin

yoyo28gsi

275 engine hp look a little low for a stage 2?
corradovolksb

Yes it was a lil low but it was because I was running lean. I havnt had a chance to make it to the Dyno yet now that my AFR is in the 11.8 range. Plus I'm still running stock intercoolers.

corradovolksb

Sorry it was wheel hp and tq. I forgot to say that.

Snow Trooper

Hey checked over this file for a customer, there are some errors, look like minor oversights or accidental map changes that could cause damage and or problems.   

Some timing stuff with cam change is real weird.

None the less its a cool file and thanks for taking the time, people should just Def look through it all before flashing.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
corradovolksb

Hey checked over this file for a customer, there are some errors, look like minor oversights or accidental map changes that could cause damage and or problems.   

Some timing stuff with cam change is real weird.

None the less its a cool file and thanks for taking the time, people should just Def look through it all before flashing.

oh man I wasnt aware that there was any errors in the file. what specific errors did you find? If you let me know I will look into them and fix whatever is needed. thank you for the heads up. I did add some 1's in kfnw thinking it would help with cam advance. should i not have done that?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: