Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25
Author Topic: NOTORIOUS VR's M-box Stage 2++ and ALL VARIATIONS. NO NEW THREADS ON THIS.  (Read 245332 times)
IanWPB

My car runs great. It needs some work in the part throttle range, but I don't daily my car so when I do drive it I'm driving pretty hard and not really worried about part throttle Grin

I used the Slickback 93 octane file and changed a number of things..

Increased the Rev limit from 7,000 to 7,200 (for 1/4 mile use, don't have to shift into 4th)
Increased the antilag from 3,500 to 4,000. (haven't tested this yet at the track to see if it helps, but I was stuck with low 1.8 60ft's. I'm hoping the extra 500rpm will get me into the 1.7's.)
Changed the Maf from Bosch to Hitachi.

Some other stuff. I love it though.
S4addict

that sounds awesome i had to send my meth controler in damn thing shit the bed on me....
as so as i get it back tho hopfuly ill be able to do some tweaking
AudiMan85

« Reply #347 on: August 04, 2014, 10:10:55 AM »

Everytime I run a the slickback 93oct file or my port of the file I get the same results after a few pulls.

17964/P1556 - Charge Pressure Control: Negative Deviation

I have no clue why, no other file I have made or cooked up has ever had that problem. The few differences really from the 93Oct L-box or B-Box files listed in this thread that NVR made and he (SlickBack) used to make his is the min airflow for dtc that's changed from 20 to 10 (of course there is other tweaks, like timing, back pressure for SAI etc).

Other then that I can't seem to figure out why SlickBack's 93oct file will not run on my car without getting a P1556 code. It seems to run good, the B-Box file I ported over to a L-Box is running great. Just slickbacks file seems to have a better FATS so I was looking to implement his changes.

"Ride like I got a horse stable under my hood" ~ The Game - Too Much
boomerro

« Reply #348 on: August 06, 2014, 12:41:08 PM »

Everytime I run a the slickback 93oct file or my port of the file I get the same results after a few pulls.

17964/P1556 - Charge Pressure Control: Negative Deviation

I have no clue why, no other file I have made or cooked up has ever had that problem. The few differences really from the 93Oct L-box or B-Box files listed in this thread that NVR made and he (SlickBack) used to make his is the min airflow for dtc that's changed from 20 to 10 (of course there is other tweaks, like timing, back pressure for SAI etc).

Other then that I can't seem to figure out why SlickBack's 93oct file will not run on my car without getting a P1556 code. It seems to run good, the B-Box file I ported over to a L-Box is running great. Just slickbacks file seems to have a better FATS so I was looking to implement his changes.

That is overboosting.  It means the boost PID is not dialed in for that setup. 

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Throttle_cut
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 12:48:01 PM by boomerro » Logged

The goal of this site is to openly discuss ME7 tuning and promote good practices.
AudiMan85

« Reply #349 on: August 06, 2014, 11:55:39 PM »

Ok, so overboost is what I figured too now that I am starting to understand it.

It looks like the LDRXN was too much in the 93 octane slickback file. What I did was do the switchable maps that phila_dot setup so I could test 4 tuned timing and LDRXN map setups on 1 flash, Saves time.

So I took the LDRXN from the 90oct slickback file and put it with the timing maps from the 93oct file and smooth on point boost and good numbers even in the super humid night. Just got back in from a few logs and runs and its 2:51am. From what I read it could have been requested boost at current loads were too much, it seems to do it mostly after 6k, but now its seems good. I am just getting into tuning the maps myself and wanted to see how things work. I got it and I'm understanding it. I'm ordering the meth injection kit cause the intake temps are killing me, and for $288 I'm wiling to pay that to get intake temps in the summer down to something normal.... 200* is just plan horrible right now.

wesleyS4

« Reply #350 on: August 07, 2014, 06:25:47 AM »

Hmmm was running this file adapted to my euro S4, but now in summer when i'ts around 30°C or 86°F I'm having problems.

Everytime I put my foot down it boosts to 2 bar (29PSI) and the throttle body hose pops off (first one had a huge crack, the new pops off).

Anybody else having this problem?
It used to boost to around 1.5 bar (22PSI) and everything was ok.

grtz
Wesley
boomerro

« Reply #351 on: August 07, 2014, 07:35:44 AM »

Hmmm was running this file adapted to my euro S4, but now in summer when i'ts around 30°C or 86°F I'm having problems.

Everytime I put my foot down it boosts to 2 bar (29PSI) and the throttle body hose pops off (first one had a huge crack, the new pops off).

Anybody else having this problem?
It used to boost to around 1.5 bar (22PSI) and everything was ok.

grtz
Wesley

That is likely a mechanical issue as if you didn't change anything in the tune and the boost went from 22psi to 29psi you probably broke a hose to the wastegates or have a dead n75.  Check for mechanical issues.

The goal of this site is to openly discuss ME7 tuning and promote good practices.
AudiMan85

« Reply #352 on: August 07, 2014, 07:58:05 AM »

For him to boost 29psi I'd guess bad n75 maybe. I don't know these cars that well. But that and the n249 are the only 2 ecu controlled PID's that are gonna keep the wastegate shut, or maybe he has a bad wastegate, but if he had a line broken to a wastegate he would be running stock wastegate spring pressure correct?

Plus, the car is allowing 29psi? Is overboost protection disabled on your file?

And I have had someone play with my Electronic Boost Controller in my last car I guess while they where drunk and when I switched to high boost the EBC register 32psi, on a evo3big16g which the car felt like a beast and pulled so flawlessly it was amazing, til the intercooler piping popped of and killed the car. I then looked at the boost controller screen to see it say 32psi, so I know the feeling of blowing the pipe off on that high of boost, luckly it does and did for both of use. That boost pressure is not safe for those size turbos or the fueling. Kind of like a extra extra saftey feature lol

wesleyS4

« Reply #353 on: August 07, 2014, 08:06:19 AM »

Been checking and testing for some time, it's my boost gauge that is lying to me, with its hose disconnected still reading 0.5bar (7PSI)

Boost sensor is reading ok in VCDS, with N75 disconnected i'm getting 0.4 bar (5-6PSI)

Everything looks fine, so I'm going to use som 'fix-all' and just glue my hose to the TB.

What's the point of having an Boostgauge to check on everything if you can't even rely on the d*mn thing. Sad

grtz
Wesley
AudiMan85

« Reply #354 on: August 07, 2014, 08:36:46 AM »

Tell Me About it. My new boost Gauge comes today. My last one was digital with a sending unit. Got tired of its cheap ebay crappy b/s so I got a new brand one that comes today. I see 20psi in beds while the Gauge reads 15-17. And it's in psi on vacuum and had me looking for vacuum leaks when it's the Gauge...

IanWPB

« Reply #355 on: September 29, 2014, 05:34:41 PM »

Hey guys. Here's my revised file.. A couple people asked for it a while back, I just got kind of busy.

Quick recap -
4,000 RPM antilag
7,200 RPM rev limit
NLS is still at 3,500
Hitachi
No EGT's or rear 02's
93 octane

Please be careful using this file.
AudiMan85

« Reply #356 on: September 30, 2014, 07:33:50 PM »

Do you have you change log file tunerpro outputs ?

J.Laborde

Tuner and Software Developer

Here is an updated Bosch Stock 73mm MAF File with this tune. please note this is for RON 98 (USA 93octane).

IT HAS NOT BEEN CHECKSUMMED - REQUIRED Reason being is because I use a Mac, ME7SUM and ME7Check don't work on MAC Terminal.

Just a heads up the MAPS that require changing for an RS4 MAF are:
-MLHFM
-MLOFS
-KFMLDMN
-KFMLDMNX
-KFKHFM

If this is correct i'll post a file from the RS4 8D0907551Q box.

Regards.

Josh

I am here to learn and help others learn. Smiley

He's a maniac.......MAAAAAANIIIAC
J.Laborde

Here:

I am here to learn and help others learn. Smiley

He's a maniac.......MAAAAAANIIIAC
J.Laborde

« Reply #359 on: August 28, 2017, 02:57:50 AM »