Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Collaborative development vs proprietary and abandonware software.  (Read 41647 times)
Geomeo

« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2022, 05:53:20 PM »

I've never read the Bible and never will so idk.
and that's a fair claim.

I'm a rather low key person and am trying to get into some self tuning out of curiosity.
I got my hands on winols and was trying to find some definitions.
my search for months found nothing and I've seen replies to people asking and it went no where.

because of Vollmer I finally got sent some definitions

I don't care for his run on rants but growing up in the internet troll era it honestly didn't faze me and I saw through it.
think of this what you will tho.
Well that just says to me definition file has been withheld from the community.  For Months....And why have you not learned how to make your own definition file anyway?  Waiting around for someone to hand you something on a silver platter doesn't always work. 

Geomeo

« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2022, 06:38:19 PM »

He's passionate and angry at the state of the tuning industry (and community). He's not wrong.

Like prj, his messaging just does himself a disservice.

Well yeah there are people who could give back instead of take take take etc, but I don't think posting on here is going to do much good though not the way he coming across.  Maybe he should present his evidence on YouTube or something.  In a calm rational.   There's a guy that does glitter bomb work on people who steal packages and scam old ladies.  It might be an idea to follow that lead sort of thing. He's got like 60 million views.  He presented his evidence, engineered his own camera package device told people what to expect and here's how to avoid etc etc. 

After you read some of prj's post you realize he always means well.  I mean yeah nobody likes being told they're completely wrong or that they f'd it up.  With no other solution than "pay a real tuner who can tune".  Buuuut it sound like he trying to stop an engine from exploding and stopping people from wasting their money, so I don't think that's a bad thing.  Can't tell if he ever angry either.  Hard to tell with text.
s60rawr

« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2022, 09:42:41 PM »

Well that just says to me definition file has been withheld from the community.  For Months....And why have you not learned how to make your own definition file anyway?  Waiting around for someone to hand you something on a silver platter doesn't always work. 

sorry, running through assembly code Is not quite my thing.
I'm still gathering info and learning.

There is a free flash suite in progres
OpenMoose https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GiNXfjKyLvzotT5v9Knyw0CExRMOoiHG/view?usp=drive_link
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2005 M66 S60R 4T5 /w Shims FID 1100cc RS4 Maf 75mm Hybrid 1.9 Bar

appreciate the -karma bomb, but could you plz keep it at -666. im cool with that, it's iconic
Geomeo

« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2022, 05:25:11 PM »

sorry, running through assembly code Is not quite my thing.
I'm still gathering info and learning.

On yonder hill there stood a coo.  It must've moved coz it's no there noo.  Is about all I'm going to say on that.....
s60rawr

« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2022, 03:12:59 PM »

derp
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 12:55:08 AM by s60rawr » Logged

OpenMoose https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GiNXfjKyLvzotT5v9Knyw0CExRMOoiHG/view?usp=drive_link
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

appreciate the -karma bomb, but could you plz keep it at -666. im cool with that, it's iconic
Geomeo

« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2022, 08:21:18 PM »

so after doing some digging and acquiring tools
I've come to the conclusion that people have forked their own software suite from what was previously open source by assume the deceased dream3r and y'all have put it behind some license encryption bullshit
man, y'all a bunch of losers lol
like fr
y'all make me wanna go head on with a fucking 20 ton dump truck.
ya make me sick
I'd pay 10x what it cost to get a half ass tune from Halme or Hilton to release this shit and keep it open source
pathetic.
the worst part is ..
everyone is okay with this

I just wanna be able to dump my bin unencrypted and fuck with it and if I blow my shit up y'all can laugh idc
it be worth it to me.
keep this shit open source....
proprietary bs doesn't help anyone nor push the envelope forward
get your heads out of your arrogant asses  and be humble for once.
thanks.....
What is the part # of your ECU...?
s60rawr

« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2022, 06:15:53 PM »

one is the newest build and other is source code.

so have at it Cheesy

https://github.com/s60rawr/OpenMoose

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=340.msg156483#msg156483
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 12:23:50 AM by s60rawr » Logged

Vollmer

Professional Cat Herder

« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2022, 02:57:24 PM »

Why do Pirates do what they do? It is always only a handful of individuals, and the silent crowd eats up the pirated work. 1:10,000 easily.
Where were all the Angry people before I showed up?! Sure seeing a lot of downloads and activity.

Razor1911 used to be some cracked EXE  I seen everywhere in the early 2000s.
Also lotta russia cracking groups. Why? They dont make MONEY from cracked EXEs like Prometey makes money tuning.

They did it because they are Dirt poor and want to play, and share that experience with other people, often times making cracked multiplayer servers full of that would otherwise be smoking crack or robbing corner stores. By adding things to the world others can utilize to make the world a better place, your life becomes inherently better as a whole, despite passing up the trivial amount of "money" that only benefits you. Prometey literally whines on the forum about not having friends or community... while despite witholding tools and definitons people need to Become PART of the Community...

Why is Adobe Photoshop the most pirated software ever?
Wheres the latest cracked version of WINOLS 5? Srsly

Entirely relevant video. ..
Linus Tech Tips... 1.7m views in 2 days.
"I have to PIRATE Color?!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMWAY8Cdsz0

Why are software weebs so eager to bend over and take it up the ass? "Take my money"
It's almost as if people are upset that Hilton and other Scammers have less leverage over them?
You like bondage? I prefer Rough play!

"You'll own Nothing and be Happy!" - Louis Rossmann - Right to Repair Advocate

Wait until you got a air subscription service. Or a Water subscription service.. Oh wait... We already do!
Do I sound like a Native American? Or a communist? Lets hear the BS.. 

What about TV and movies? People used to buy them. And own them. Stacks of DVDS or VHS cabinets
How many physical copies of New movies exist..? Many at all?
If the government wanted to censor movies now, it would be a lot easier - as there is NO physical copies.
Kinda like if the EPA went after Hilton, there would be no outlet for Tuning Volvos? Pretty short-sighted by EVERYONE - except me.

I bet there are more physical copies of Elvis, than Justin Beiber.  Beiber would be easier to censor. 
People are losing control to entities that not accountable to anyone.

You are Strangled with Ads if you dont pay the subscription model.
You cant read the news without a subscription model.  Paywall

Requiring money via payment intervals for information access causes severe retardation of a population.
College admissions in USA are Gate-kept by money and indentured servitude (non-dischargeable debt) = stupid people = dependent workforce..

Reformulated for Tuning

Gatekeeping information = stupid people = reliable income(Scams) = NO PROGRESS.

I dont care if you're a painter, a musician, the "BEST Tun3r EvaR" - eventually you will run out of new ideas and everything will resemble previous works. "Progressive" rock is really only progressive at its beginning.
Are you scared of competition and new ideas? Genuinely seems so.

Allow information access to people so they can educate themselves, so they are not scammed. Like S60rawr was about to be before I told him to figure it out.

"Control the Resources, Control the Population"

Attached is a picture I took of a disgusting development while flying my plane around last weekend.
Then a HUGE expanse of land that nobody can use.

Look how many Zillions of dollars you can make by choking people into a tiny space. Developed by local Lords.

1. The peasants will never have enough money to buy property or develop it m-f 9-5 to keep their ears above water - happy because they have no other option. Now it's too nice, and they have too much to lose rebelling.
2. Land is owned by "Old Money"  family's that "claimed" it" -  -  Surrounding area is "Not for sale" Trillionaire families own it. They dont want your dirty *Hourly* money.

Only for the "Masters" to renege, Or SparkyR bhlame blocking you after he cant troubleshoot your car from the other side of the country despite being paid 4 figures..  as Pantone did.
CS2 users still have Pantone for NOT upgrading. The same way S60Rawr can tune his own car, rather than having to deal with socially incompetent morons.

Linus raises SO MANY valid points that directly support my position on all this. 

Him and Louis must be crazy for having arguments that agree with mine..?

People NEED Physical copies that are distributed. Obsolete is better than no longer existing.
Pirates are motivated by poverty and empathy.
Ideas may not ever come around again.
Watch the latest video on FFT by vertasium.. It was discovered 100 years prior but not shared.
If not for the physical record, we might not even be here.

Scientists have become increasingly disturbed by the lack of "life" observed in our universe. With the JWST, various detectors and arrays all WORKING TOGETHER.... Can't find a spec of anything.
Currently, the most popular hypothesis is that life self-destructs before it makes it off the planet..
Automotive tuning for an excellent example of community dysfunction.

We would be cutting off legs with ax and chainsaws if the medical industry functioned like this....
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 03:05:00 PM by Vollmer » Logged

Volvo HALL of SHAME:

Guitar24t aka Robert Hilton
SparkyR aka Brandon Halme
Prometey1982 aka Artem Vasiliev
MAXX ECU - Brett Willet
VIDA Leach - David Leech

Useless Twats:
PRJ - Dmitri from Estonia
Vollmer

Professional Cat Herder

« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2022, 03:01:14 PM »

Forgot to add the Sheeple community.

I'll throw in a few extras for your enjoyment.

Volvo HALL of SHAME:

Guitar24t aka Robert Hilton
SparkyR aka Brandon Halme
Prometey1982 aka Artem Vasiliev
MAXX ECU - Brett Willet
VIDA Leach - David Leech

Useless Twats:
PRJ - Dmitri from Estonia
Geomeo

« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2022, 06:16:24 PM »

Wow you sure do like your walls of text.  Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.  Someone said....

Strippers have been selling the kind of thing you're talking about for years.  It hasn't seemed to affect life as we know it. For example they'll wave their little booty in front of you, tell you everything you want to hear.  Take your cash and all you'll have at the end of the night is a distant memory of what was never meant to be....No titties either, to put on the night stand.  Not even toenail clipping..NOTHING!

It is probably best that we don't manufacture things anymore and put the materials to better use when the need arrives. The materials used to make these products VHS, cd etc all have pollutants anyway.  And do we really want Beabos head laying around everywhere in every home you go into? 

The amount of effort you have put in to trying to take others down you could have easily become very successful at something.  So turn off the TV and go build your own photoshop.  And give it away... Or build a new Volvo.  How about a Volvo passenger drone?  Here's a slogan for you "Take flight and don't give a shite"  Either way you really do need to stop drinking the poison....
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2022, 06:22:13 PM »

He's not saying anything RMS wasn't already saying 50 years ago.

Or ESR (two decades ago) - http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/cathedral-bazaar/

Linus raises SO MANY valid points that directly support my position on all this.  

And the other (real) Linus (an actual developer) predates this, also by 20 years.

It's super sad that neither vollmer's detractors *nor vollmer himself* are apparently aware of the decades of history of this.

Or centuries
If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of exclusive property, it is the action of the thinking power called an idea, which an individual may exclusively possess as long as he keeps it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the possession of every one, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of it. Its peculiar character, too, is that no one possesses the less, because every other possesses the whole of it. He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. That ideas should freely spread from one to another over the globe, for the moral and mutual instruction of man, and improvement of his condition, seems to have been peculiarly and benevolently designed by nature, when she made them, like fire, expansible over all space, without lessening their density in any point, and like the air in which we breathe, move, and have our physical being, incapable of confinement or exclusive appropriation. Inventions then cannot, in nature, be a subject of property. Society may give an exclusive right to the profits arising from them, as an encouragement to men to pursue ideas which may produce utility, but this may or may not be done, according to the will and convenience of the society, without claim or complaint from any body. Accordingly, it is a fact, as far as I am informed, that England was, until we copied her, the only country on earth which ever, by a general law, gave a legal right to the exclusive use of an idea. In some other countries it is sometimes done, in a great case, and by a special and personal act, but, generally speaking, other nations have thought that these monopolies produce more embarrassment than advantage to society; and it may be observed that the nations which refuse monopolies of invention, are as fruitful as England in new and useful devices.

Is any of this familiar to anyone? It certainly doesn't seem so. Pretty pathetic. In that regard, I share vollmer's fury and frustration. So many clueless fucks.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 06:30:19 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Blazius

« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2022, 07:27:48 PM »

"Kinda like if the EPA went after Hilton, there would be no outlet for Tuning Volvos? Pretty short-sighted by EVERYONE - except me."

I already asked this once.. but can someone explain with proper reason

What the fk is so important that Hilton does or did, that would mean the end of 20 year old volvo tuning SPECIALLY on a DIY forum and its participants?

You are not special, his tool is not special(AFAIK),Volvo's arent special when a simple 25$ clone china tool has support for reading and writing it then from there its just like any other ECU that you tune in your favorite program. IF not there is still BDM or anything else just like any other ECU out there.
The goddamn dice cable is 125$ from him alone.

This part is nothing new from what I've seen, the only issue that I might have caught is probably logging of said ecu's.
Geomeo

« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2022, 09:18:40 PM »

"Kinda like if the EPA went after Hilton, there would be no outlet for Tuning Volvos? Pretty short-sighted by EVERYONE - except me."

I already asked this once.. but can someone explain with proper reason

What the fk is so important that Hilton does or did, that would mean the end of 20 year old volvo tuning SPECIALLY on a DIY forum and its participants?

You are not special, his tool is not special(AFAIK),Volvo's arent special when a simple 25$ clone china tool has support for reading and writing it then from there its just like any other ECU that you tune in your favorite program. IF not there is still BDM or anything else just like any other ECU out there.
The goddamn dice cable is 125$ from him alone.

This part is nothing new from what I've seen, the only issue that I might have caught is probably logging of said ecu's.
I'd like to know what the answer to this question is too.  Seems like this option is being ignored so more drama can be created....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: