Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: EA888 Gen3 SIMOS 18.1 Enhanced Port Injection Capabilities  (Read 43166 times)
Praga

« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2020, 10:32:16 AM »

the FR will tell you which map(s) is used to enable ethanol.

I am trying to do this too.

Where do I change the NC_AFU_CONF ? I can not seem to find anything in the Damos
jamespinger

« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2020, 10:35:45 AM »

I've tried reaching out to a few of the people that replied here early on, but can't get anybody.

What I've been able to gather, to get the NA ECU to play with MPI, the fueling needs to be set to MPI + DI, and the MPI needs to be enabled in the relevant combustion modes.  Assuming of course the ASW has the relevant capability.

My damos has:
"Codeword MPI mode" - bit 0, switching DI/MPI mixed, and bit 1, switch for wobbling during MPI mode
  - The euro calibration that I looked at is 01.  My factory calibration is 00.  Ecutek references setting "MPI Mode" to 11 (which, arguably, might have absolutely nothing to do with this).  It's in

As for the enabling it during the different combustion modes - ECUtek says there should be inhibitor bits.  I can't find anything like that for MPI.  All I have are inhibitor factors for different combustion modes.  My cal matches all the euro cal values here.

I'm happy to follow breadcrumbs if someone can drop some. 

To follow up, after looking more through the FR - it looks like the Combustion mode inhibitors can be ignored by using the calibration called c_lf_cmb_mod_inh_red (in my damos) or c_lf_cmb_mod_inh_sel (from the fr).  It states: "By filling the array with 0 no inhibition requests will be allowed and by filling it with 1 all the
inhibition requests will be accepted and activated."

activating MPI via the mode switch (01, or 11), and disabling the inhibitors for MPI modes (by setting the inhibitor calibration to 0) would allow the injectors to fire (assuming they're calibrated correctly via fuel split and constants - etc?)

Also - it looks like there may be a 'global' for the cam vvti (Camshaft_EX: 0=with adjustment; 1=without adjustment).  From what I can tell in the FR, is that a bit that can be set to enable/disable the feature?  Some EA888.3's don't have the exhaust cam control and this would allow loading the 'wrong' calibration (or swapping in the hardware for a car that didn't come with it.).
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 01:33:38 PM by jamespinger » Logged
jamespinger

« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2020, 10:37:15 AM »

Following up -

I made the changes that I mentioned above (codeword mpi, and I found the inhibitor bit field).
I also set the cmb mod
  • requester to mode 9 (which, if everything I gathered was correct would trigger MPI during mode 0 request, shortly after the SAI stops during a cold start.).  I did this partly because it's what ECUtek says they do, but also because it's easier to troubleshoot the MPI if it's working at idle. 

Sure enough, the logs started to display MPI injector pulsewidth. The idle got very rough and the car wanted to die.

I've read some more and tweaked the injector constant.  It idles, but not well.  Lambda bounces between 1.1 and 1.2 with a target at 1.  It seems to smell like fuel though, so I'm not sure if they're actually firing or what.

Is there *anybody* that can help steer me in the right direction?  Possibly through PM if not openly on the forum?  Please?
jamespinger

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2020, 07:29:58 PM »

One last follow up - got it all working (I think...)

Need to diff my starting and current file to see what I changed everywhere, but for those that are curious how to enable MPI on the NA motors:
1) make sure your ASW has the capability
2) enable the codeword for MPI
3) set the inhibitors appropriately (will document)
4) set the torque management tables so they call for multi injection modes instead.
5) make sure your injector constant is set correctly
6) set your min/max torque tables
yxx499

« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2020, 01:35:34 AM »

Need to diff my starting and current file to see what I changed everywhere, but for those that are curious how to enable MPI on the NA motors:
4) set the torque management tables so they call for multi injection modes instead.

5) injector constant (2 values) and TVUB also.
jamespinger

« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2020, 03:01:28 AM »

5) injector constant (2 values) and TVUB also.

I'll check my work on this, thank you. I don't recall touching TVUB. 

I get a slight lean condition (deviation from target) and rpm bump as the car switches to MPI. It's for one tick in the log and it's when mpi pulse goes from 0 to something. Maybe I've missed something.
Praga

« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2020, 11:37:13 AM »

Hello

What is the ID of the Injector Constant please ?

jamespinger

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2020, 11:43:54 AM »

Ip_fac_mff_ti_stnd_h_rng_mpi
8E74 in my files
Praga

« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2020, 11:48:22 AM »

Ip_fac_mff_ti_stnd_h_rng_mpi
8E74 in my files
Thanks. So we should just change this & the other constants when we swap to bigger MPI injectors.

Then enable more use of the MPI injection
jamespinger

« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2020, 12:00:14 PM »

Possibly.
Telnet402m said there's 2 places for injector constant. I've only located one.
It would be awesome if someone (littco, prj, k0mpressrd, etc) that knows more could chime in though. As I said, I got it working though I do get a lambda spike as MPI comes in.
Praga

« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2020, 10:39:11 PM »

Possibly.
Telnet402m said there's 2 places for injector constant. I've only located one.
It would be awesome if someone (littco, prj, k0mpressrd, etc) that knows more could chime in though. As I said, I got it working though I do get a lambda spike as MPI comes in.

Hello

IP_TI_ADD_DLY_MPI(VB) - this is TVUB
IP_TI_ADD_DLY_TEMP_COR_MPI(TIA_IM, MAF_MPI)

Have you adjusted these ?
prj

« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2020, 01:17:33 PM »

If it's injecting, then your spike is bad tuning.
Run it MPI only, then DI only, make sure the fuel trim is the same in both cases. Then mix.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
jamespinger

« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2020, 12:55:02 PM »

Thanks prj,

The spike is almost entirely gone after finding the *actual* dead times for the injectors that I'm using.  from 13-15v they were off by >.5ms (too low), so with a 4ms injection time I was missing out on a decent amount of fuel.

I'm still getting some correction, but as you state, tuning.  I'm on a hybrid with a big wheel so there's different amounts of air than the ecu expects basically at any boost level.
jamespinger

« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2020, 05:08:42 PM »

While not MPI related, this is the only active Simos19 thread.  I can post elsewhere if necessary.

Towards the top of 3rd I got an EPC and limp mode today. Code was P060C. Details below. 

The FR only talks about ENVD_0_MON though ENVD_3_MON.  I'm curious if anybody has any other insight as to what it might be (or how to decipher the other environmental variables). 

Code:
29384 - Internal Control Module Main Processor Performance 
           P060C 00 [032] - -
           Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
              Freeze Frame:
                     Fault Status: 00000001
                     Fault Priority: 2
                     Fault Frequency: 1
                     Mileage: 17931 km
                     Date: 2020.11.09
                     Time: 14:48:48

Engine speed: 5628.75 /min