Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: Boot mode not possible on ME7.5 (Infineon CPU)?  (Read 81292 times)
pvl

« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2012, 07:42:41 AM »

I see. But writing code ain't really my thing. To bypass the security.

Even normal vagcom k-line diagnostics are blocked on the bench. No ecu found. But in the car it works fine ?!?!?

@ Snook :

Time to share the readout of the 'original' file. Look in the code @ the end..  you'll see some advertisement.

I also included the real original.  The reverted demo does indeed 225bhp on the dyno. So the claims that it runs
less good than before the demo was installed are as of proof of this car not real. People been saying that when
it reverts back to stock, it has less bhp than stock-original.

Cheers,

PvL

IamwhoIam

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2012, 07:53:17 AM »

How much current does your ECU draw on the bench? A failure to communicate with VCDS seems to indicate that ECU isn't powered up properly, nothing more.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
pvl

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2012, 08:05:27 AM »

@ IamwhoIam :

Mpps showed a healthy 13.5v ........ on the bench

Same voltage that was there when we read-out the ecu in the car.

Can't see any issues with this voltage. Benchcable also includes a M3.8.3 ecuconnector and
that one is 100% running. diags+progamming works flawless. So we do not suspect any voltage-
issues. The benchflashlead is 100% checked. No worries.

PvL
kls

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2012, 08:38:43 PM »

There is no way K-line diags are going to be blocked on the bench. Something is being overlooked, if the ECU is acting dead then its not powering on. Its time to check the connections to it and see what is missing.
Nottingham

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2012, 05:20:40 AM »

In my case the K-Line traffic is not blocked, only the flash contents cannot be read due the upload service is disabled.

I´m 99% sure that Bosch has made changes to newer ECUs to prevent using the boot mode.
Most likely the "Bosch 30380" chip pulls the other P0L.x pins low too (which would start the CPU in "undefined behaviour" mode) in case it detects P0L.4 being pulled low.

I don´t have access to proper soldering equipment right now so I cannot "rig" the CPU pins to fixed signaling levels.
pvl

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2012, 12:47:29 PM »

@ nottingham :

Would you be so kind, to test normal communication (thus NON bootmode) with the MPPS, if you are able to read-out your ecu. (you might need to pull a dash-fuse, as i had to do with the S3)
I achieved a full read-out the content of the flashrom 100% ! 

By doing this we can see if the cause of this issue is to blame to a reverted demo.... (if read-out succeeds, a simple hex-editor comparison with the real original file tells the tale...)

Thanks,

PvL
Rick

« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2012, 09:14:21 AM »

Just had to boot load one of these, they are a little trickier as one of existing boot pins is already grounded.

Rick
professor

« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2012, 11:59:22 AM »

Just had to boot load one of these, they are a little trickier as one of existing boot pins is already grounded.

Rick
What do you mean?

professor

Seat Ibiza MK4 Cupra 1.8t 20V, stg3.
"Those 1.8T 20V machines are really tough" ©
Rick

« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2012, 03:34:09 AM »

There is more than one boot pin, one is grounded from factory.  If you boot the usual one then two are grounded and the Processor won't respond at all.  So you have to unground the first pin, then you can enter boot mode as you would with ME7.5 etc.

Rick
professor

« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2012, 07:25:12 AM »

There is more than one boot pin, one is grounded from factory.  If you boot the usual one then two are grounded and the Processor won't respond at all.  So you have to unground the first pin, then you can enter boot mode as you would with ME7.5 etc.

Rick
Weird cause we boot mode the usually way.
Glad you mention it. Can you determine where the factory grounded pin is located with a photo?

Cheers,
professor

Seat Ibiza MK4 Cupra 1.8t 20V, stg3.
"Those 1.8T 20V machines are really tough" ©
Rick

« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2012, 02:03:30 AM »

Sorry, need to point out I was talking about ME7.1.1 of which there are 4 versions I've come across, and they all have different methods of boot.
hipeka

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2012, 08:56:56 PM »

Sorry, need to point out I was talking about ME7.1.1 of which there are 4 versions I've come across, and they all have different methods of boot.

Do you mean this (Look at the pics) ?
Nottingham

« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2012, 07:25:55 AM »

If I ever find these problems with boot mode was caused by APR, Revo or by any other companys trial software...
Their local branch office is going to ignite Wink

SON OF A BITCH  Angry

Finally found time to desolder the flash and read it with Willem...

And, what do my eyes see?

"Seat Ibiza Cupra R EURO MY2005 1.8T 06A906032RP S0010 Stages 1/2 V2.0.Stock.98 Octane (RON) V2.0"

Currently looking at the map to locate the nearest APR reseller...
Nottingham

« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2012, 08:57:29 AM »

I was wondering why the binary is not even close to stock, if it is supposed to be a stock map.
There is plenty of shuffling and A LOT data added.

Tried to play with the cruise control today...
It is actually a full APR map, program 1 (stock) was the current selection.
No wonder the power figures were same as stock.
gregsback

« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2012, 10:41:32 PM »

Hi Nottingham,
I have had same problem in the past with one ECU (RS4,....551K). And I still have this ECU and found out the following:
 if I ground both pins for power supply before going to boot mode then I can get into boot mode.
I can reproduce this effect as often as I want. If I do not ground the power lines (plus and minus) I can not get into boot mode. I saw a post in this forum where somebody had same problem, and he could once get into boot mode after several days  of not operating (with disconnected power) the ecu. After getting into boot mode once he again had to wait several days.
maybe this could be a solution for your basic problem? Even though I can not explain the phenomena... Smiley Smiley

br
Greg
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: