Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 1.8T AWM to 1.8 BAM or APY crossflash.  (Read 7566 times)
_nameless

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2020, 08:26:58 PM »

Thanks man you rock I had a funny feeling it would work something to that degree just needed a nudge in the direction....
like i said it will cross flash but if you have the original usa eeprom from the b chassis car it will start and die from immo. bam is immo3 and if it has a mismatching eeprom you cant flash it back threw port youll need to bootmode flash it. usa m and ch have no immo from the factory and if you flash a file (tune file not eeprom) that was factory equipped with immo 2 or 3 it will start and die. again will it cross flash sure will it work well if you wanna jump threw a bunch of hoops then sure but not short of flasing a proper immo offed eeprom for an a chassis car, porting over maf calibrations, injector calibrations, turbo dynamics are not even close and with that said boost pid will be all over. torque and load maps will be wrong youll need to code out the missing egt sensor to keep the cel off and from running pig rich / in limp mode. imo youre best off starting with the the base file for the original car or as close as you can. switching to a file that has nothing in common to the car youre driving makes no sense to me and if anything youre going backwards. take my advice dont take my advice but ive been around these cars for over 15 years and ive tried it all. what im saying is from my own personal experience. good luck  Wink

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
doublerwest

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2020, 02:41:24 PM »

Any A4/A6/passat  ECU with bootrom 5.12 version can be crossflashed with BAM file
Will it only work with a bam turbo file? I see the others are the same boot rom version.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 09:13:45 PM by doublerwest » Logged

W357
doublerwest

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2020, 02:47:38 PM »

like i said it will cross flash but if you have the original usa eeprom from the b chassis car it will start and die from immo. bam is immo3 and if it has a mismatching eeprom you cant flash it back threw port youll need to bootmode flash it. usa m and ch have no immo from the factory and if you flash a file (tune file not eeprom) that was factory equipped with immo 2 or 3 it will start and die. again will it cross flash sure will it work well if you wanna jump threw a bunch of hoops then sure but not short of flasing a proper immo offed eeprom for an a chassis car, porting over maf calibrations, injector calibrations, turbo dynamics are not even close and with that said boost pid will be all over. torque and load maps will be wrong youll need to code out the missing egt sensor to keep the cel off and from running pig rich / in limp mode. imo youre best off starting with the the base file for the original car or as close as you can. switching to a file that has nothing in common to the car youre driving makes no sense to me and if anything youre going backwards. take my advice dont take my advice but ive been around these cars for over 15 years and ive tried it all. what im saying is from my own personal experience. good luck  Wink
Immo all ready 1 offed with immo 2 file and i have the injectors and maf already and the turbo will have to be figured out. But im just poking around alittle but i dont see why it wouldnt work if the ecu is pinned out the same minus hardware to match. If i sort that out with a forged crank and 20mm rods with a few other odds and ends i mean i would have to dial everything in mechanically since its different in allot of way. My boost pid or requested is way off like me. I just need tons of fuel behind this tons of boost as long as i don't exceed my limitations mechanically and you will hear the rattle when you do to much boost not enuff fuel rattle ...I build carbed bikes i have applied my basics from that to this im running a k04-015 with n75 and i havnt even touched the software on boost and fueling and just about got it up to factory pull in mid and high end is not to bad if i do say so... I am definitely missing the fuel behind it..
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 09:26:14 PM by doublerwest » Logged

W357
doublerwest

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2020, 05:25:09 PM »

Thanks for the info ironing bugs out now! Im boot mode only I dont like the flashing counter!

W357
doublerwest

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2021, 02:28:40 PM »

had to use a diffrent immo file but you were right on the money with it you rock marty!!! not right hardware but its ok it can be worked around with alittle knowledge given from your peers.. Its for a future project just tinkering around with some odd ends to see my options...

W357
doublerwest

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2021, 02:37:20 PM »

egts injectors maf injectors rods pistons and the list goes on im sure. But its a build project I have a spare a4/s4 with v6 awd quattro ..block thats getting pulled apart and gutted for a 1.8t awd with the longer gearing hope it gets completed...Just take awhile.. wastegate length and spring with preload is gunna be a pain but nothing to worry about now !!!

W357
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: