Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: fuelling map changes for a 4bar FPR BAM 1.8T with Bosch 550s  (Read 18500 times)
stuartdean

« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2019, 07:17:29 AM »

When looking at the turbo smart documentation for iwg75   these actuators have a maximum of 3 springs fitted, I probably have a 10psi and 5psi spring fitted. They suggest the maximum boost is 2 x the actuator spring pressure.  So 1bar would make maximum of 2 bar.

Do you think that if the pipe work from charge pipe to N75 to actuator leaks when over 18psi it is not sending enough air to the actuator? Hence why each increase in wgdc is crazy.

Or is this normal behaviour

0%=15psi
10%=17psi
20%=21%
30%=??? 30psi maybe?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2019, 07:51:56 AM »

I probably have a 10psi and 5psi spring fitted.

It isn't a good sign you didn't plan this out or even know what springs you have installed BEFORE doing any tuning Sad

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
stuartdean

« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2019, 08:37:29 AM »

I bought the 2nd best hybrid turbo for a forged 1.8T engine which is a k04 frame, rated at 370bhp.  Its probably more like my personal ability which is lacking.

Plenty of people run near or over 2bar through these engines.  The actuator came with it, and with only 1 turn of preload must be 1bar as it is 15psi at 0% wgdc.

What I found much easier for pre- control starting point was a stock turbo with a 10psi actuator because the range was 0-70% 

Blazius

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2019, 01:17:12 PM »

That because that is the normal range and resolution for proper boost control is between 0 and towards 90 % or so, not 0-10% that is just bad. Literally put on a stock ko3 actuator or something and check how it works.

you shouldnt hit peak boost with 10% wgdc or so , that is bad, you gonna have shit driveability and other crap, thats why you have the n75 in the first place.
stuartdean

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2019, 05:15:12 AM »

Hi,

I have a few actuators stock 6psi, chinese 10psi, turbo-rebuilds 14.7psi - if I want to change it or I remove the 5psi spring from the turbo smart actuator to make it 10psi....  but, I changed the N75 Valve and now 21% is the same as the previous 10% runs,  this valve must have been blowing to 100% - hence the berzerk boost off the chart.

I included an ECU plot overlay of the previous 20% WGDC versus the new N75 21% - looks much better.

Incidentally, although I can now remove a turbo in about 40 minutes - I have done this about 6 times in the last year, I really dont want to do this again, and you cannot back out the actuator bracket bolts enough to remove the actuator as the coolant feed bolt is the way.

stuartdean

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2019, 04:50:45 PM »

Hi, just a brief update.  I'm having a great time- inching this map forward.
Since changing the N75, I am finding.. what was essentially fuelling compensation due to the lean running fear, needs to be brought back to the theoretical values, as it smells rich. She's my 0.80 desired is regularly 0.79/0.78.

I know the general consensus is get a lighter spring in the actuator,  I think I could actually remove the actuator from the bracket without removing the turbo. But as it is, it is 1bar spring, 40% wgdc takes it to approx peak 1.5 bar, so apparently 80% takes it to 2 bar. There's a lot more range,  and confidence in controlling this.

I still have the high load, high revs timing rolled back. My aim is to get a safe + smooth WOT run,  then start to add a bit more timing advance back towards stock, with the old N75; as soon as any noticeable power- there's associated knock and afr drifting. I have not had any afr issues since changing N75 (fingers crossed) and although the boost profile is under the map sensor limit.

Once I have something im happy with I'll upload some logs.   Thanks for the help.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: