Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: K04 hybrid soft brick, please advise  (Read 7867 times)
justinvw2646

« on: January 10, 2020, 06:21:58 PM »

A few years ago I bought a Gonzo Tuning hybrid turbo with injectors and “stock rod safe” software. Well I threw a rod. Ended up scrapping the car, but kept the ECM, cluster , turbo kit etc. Recently bought a 2002 GTI. Installed aftermarket rods and the hybrid turbo. Installed the tuned ECM and adapted the ECM to the immobilizer (I’m a tech at the dealer). As soon as the VIN pulled over to the ECM I lost the CEL out of the cluster and can no longer communicate with the ECM with ODIS or VAG-com, but I can connect to the ECM with the nefmoto software and the vag com cable in dumb mode. I tried to do a full read in hopes I could flash the software into another ECM. Am I at the mercy of GTS Performance (the tuning company)?? Or are there other options?? Because I have been trying for a week to get help from them, even asking if I could pay extra to get the software back that I already bought once to no avail.

Thank you in advance.

Justin
B5Quattrolife

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 06:46:13 AM »

best bet would probably be an MPPS clone tool and boot mode read on the bench, but even that's grasping at straws
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 09:52:48 AM »

Your story is exactly why people DIY, and why I laugh when people insist on "protecting" their crap tune.

You're just making life miserable for literally everyone when your shit software becomes abandonware.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
adam-

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 01:25:49 PM »

You're just making life miserable for literally everyone when your shit software becomes abandonware.
How is it abandonware when it's not meant to be changed in the first place?

It's likely he's tied the immo code into the flash and now it won't boot, he's a smart man.  If you'd read both in boot you'd have a copy but probably killed it in trying to pair.

It'll still read in bootmode but you're shafted trying to take it back to what it was as you won't know what's changed.  Speak to Gonzo.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 01:39:22 PM »

How is it abandonware when it's not meant to be changed in the first place?

Its abandonware as soon as the tuner stops supporting it.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
justinvw2646

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 08:41:06 PM »

Thanks for the responses guys and I ordered a cable to hopefully be able to pull the file out in boot mode, but as you have mentioned I think I will still be SOL because of the file being tied to the VIN stored in the ECM. As far as talking to GONZO. I'll bet that I have called their phone number 100 times. Rings and rings then tells you to leave a voicemail. Which would be fine if they called you back. But after several voicemails I still haven't gotten a call back. It's amazing that there is a business out there that can't be bothered to call you back to take your money.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 10:05:01 PM »

You have three alternatives

1) find another tuner
2) DIY
3) revert to stock.

ECUx Plot

justinvw2646

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 10:08:27 AM »

Thank you nyet. Well stock is no fun and with kids, etc talking my
Wife into letting me spend more money on tuning isn’t going to happen. So DIY. I’m going to start a new thread just to get me started. I have been working on VW’s professionally for nearly 20 years, but this kind of stuff just isn’t seen at the dealer level, so I’m definitely going to need some hand holding to help me.
Tobs123

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 03:36:10 AM »

Looking forward to new thread as I'm also keen to start tuning from stock. You're welcome to have a look at my stage 1 and stage 2 files I got done professionally for an Audi tt 225 Mk1 (car is same as yours underneath - maps are no perfect though) and try to understand some of the differences at each stage, which is what I have done. I'm pretty new to this but managed to makes some changes to fueling, map larger injectors, play with boost and map out decat EML.
prj

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 04:29:03 AM »

If you think DIY is cheaper than getting it tuned you're very wrong.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
justinvw2646

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2020, 04:01:44 PM »

Forgive my ignorance prj, but beyond time where is the cost in a DIY tune???
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2020, 05:17:51 PM »

Forgive my ignorance prj, but beyond time where is the cost in a DIY tune???

time and effort mostly. and obviously if you blow something up, thats on you Smiley

primarily, though, thats prj being skeptical of people's patience ability to learn.

In his defense, he's not often wrong.

ECUx Plot

justinvw2646

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2020, 05:45:54 PM »

No worries, just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something.
adam-

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2020, 02:07:37 AM »

Also the tanks of fuel (over 100+) if you become obessed, wasted because you want to perfect/play/etc.
VagDoc

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2020, 10:57:43 PM »

read and edit 95040 dump for immo off and re-write to ecu
that may solve your problem.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: