Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Let's have a serious discussion of TQ Management  (Read 50196 times)
jibberjive

« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2012, 10:21:54 PM »

Welp, after some more driving tonight (no logs), I got some TQ intervention (flashing EPC light). It happened twice over like 30 mins of driving, only for like 2 seconds each time, both in 2nd under partial throttle.  With my scaling the entire RS4 KFMIRL table so high, I bet that is what is causing it. I'm going to scale it to a max of 220 instead of 248, and see where that lands me.

If anyone gets a second, I'd love for someone to take a look at the raw log I attached 2 posts up to see if they get any insight (other than any fueling comments, as I'm still working on ironing out my fueling tables).
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2012, 11:11:21 PM »

I'm using notepad++ which is a great editor... but ok... I guess it's possible :S

I'm looking at the .ecu you posted, and it's missing an EOL on the last line. A truly great editor would properly format a text file Smiley

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2012, 11:13:37 PM »

I'm honestly not sure exactly what values are used in ECUxPlot, that's a question better directed at Nye.  I'm curious myself as to exactly which variables correspond to which names inside of ECUxPlot.  A short text file listing them would be awesome

ECUxPlot uses whatever aliases you have in your configs. If there is no alias defined, it uses the ME7L name prepended with ME7L.

Have you looked at the aliases?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2012, 11:29:25 PM »

Welp, after some more driving tonight (no logs), I got some TQ intervention (flashing EPC light). It happened twice over like 30 mins of driving, only for like 2 seconds each time, both in 2nd under partial throttle.  With my scaling the entire RS4 KFMIRL table so high, I bet that is what is causing it. I'm going to scale it to a max of 220 instead of 248, and see where that lands me.

If anyone gets a second, I'd love for someone to take a look at the raw log I attached 2 posts up to see if they get any insight (other than any fueling comments, as I'm still working on ironing out my fueling tables).

Your requested boost is completely whack (really bad notch at 4krpm, and you're gonna get positive deviation limp if you're not careful), and for some reason I'm not seeing the proper WGDC (looks like something is amiss in your ME7L config

Fueling looks good, timing looks good.

ECUx Plot

phila_dot

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2012, 11:34:45 PM »

I took a quick look at you WOT run and everything looked fine torque wise and zwist followed zwbas.

As for the notch, it is definitely cam changeover. In the RPM range of 3882 to 4182, fnwue drops suddenly from 0.99 to 0.03. Tweaking KFPBRKNW slightly should fix it.
jibberjive

« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2012, 01:32:06 AM »

Your requested boost is completely whack (really bad notch at 4krpm, and you're gonna get positive deviation limp if you're not careful), and for some reason I'm not seeing the proper WGDC (looks like something is amiss in your ME7L config

Fueling looks good, timing looks good.

Yeah, I've definitely noticed that notch, but I wasn't going to worry about addressing it until I start turning up the boost and handle the cam switchover notch. I do get positive deviation after driving for a while, but it doesn't affect anything because I'm running at 0% WGDC as is ha.  BTW, are you sure you can't see WGDC? It's the 6th variable in the log sheet, ldtvm, and it's all 0 because I've nuked literally every PID table for now.

I took a quick look at you WOT run and everything looked fine torque wise and zwist followed zwbas.

As for the notch, it is definitely cam changeover. In the RPM range of 3882 to 4182, fnwue drops suddenly from 0.99 to 0.03. Tweaking KFPBRKNW slightly should fix it.
  Thanks, I'll be looking into it.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2012, 09:03:16 AM »

BTW, are you sure you can't see WGDC? It's the 6th variable in the log sheet, ldtvm, and it's all 0 because I've nuked literally every PID table for now.

you're running wg pressure only?

why nuke every PID table :/

ECUx Plot

jibberjive

« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2012, 09:09:38 AM »

My wastegate pressure is ~15psi, and I was breaking in a fresh engine and clutch. Plus I'm still on the stock fuel pump, so I'm keeping the reigns on turning up the boost until I install my pumps.  I'll probably turn it up a couple of lbs if I get the other tuning stuff sorted before I install the pumps though.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2012, 09:19:45 AM »

Ok. sounds like a good idea.

Not sure the best way to do that was to nuke EVERY table though... why not just disconnect your N75 Smiley

ECUx Plot

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2012, 09:23:59 AM »

^^ yup or just zero out the target/DC target table.. the PID tables could have remained a they were... either way it's easy enough to do a C&P to get them back.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
jibberjive

« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2012, 09:47:18 AM »

^^ yup or just zero out the target/DC target table.. the PID tables could have remained a they were... either way it's easy enough to do a C&P to get them back.
I nuked KFLDRL and I was still getting 10% WGDC.  I wasn't shooting around in the dark; I know exactly which tables I zero'd out and it will take 10 seconds to put them back to stock when I want to start using the wastegate and PID.  There have been no ill effects, and it probably took me less time to zero them out than it would have to find my scissors and cut the ziptie holding my vacuum line on the N75. Seems to have worked out to be the perfect software solution for the situation.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2012, 09:50:02 AM »

I nuked KFLDRL and I was still getting 10% WGDC.

I don't see how that is possible... if the ref. table is set to 0, it cannot go over 0... unless I'm missing something...

either way... not a big deal as already said

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2012, 09:52:08 AM »

The minimum is 10%

Not that it matters, 10% is functionally equivalent to "let all the pressure hit the wastegate"

ECUx Plot

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2012, 09:57:43 AM »

is it possible ECUx didn't report it then?  Because it always showed 0% for me when I had it zero'd out:

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2012, 10:11:07 AM »

Thats odd. I'll have to check the WGDC maps again.

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: