Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Making HP without torque  (Read 7392 times)
snuff

« on: June 15, 2020, 11:42:12 AM »

Hi guys I've got question, if somebody can help me I would be quite happy.
Look at the MAF readings, after 5700rpm it decreases. What I want to achieve is to raise MAF readings and (HP number) until 6500 rpm. Where is the problem than? Timing is what limits me, or it is a problem of engine construction? Or do I need just to raise a boost a lot after that?  Why I want to do that is simple, I want to keep torque as low as possible and only make power mainly with rpm, not with boost pressure (because it stresses clutch and engine a lot more).
I'm asking because the plots and maf readings looks the same no matter what I do.. After 5700 rpm it is not raising..
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 11:46:36 AM »

Hi guys I've got question, if somebody can help me I would be quite happy.
Look at the MAF readings, after 5700rpm it decreases. What I want to achieve is to raise MAF readings and (HP number) until 6500 rpm. Where is the problem than? Timing is what limits me, or it is a problem of engine construction? Or do I need just to raise a boost a lot after that?  Why I want to do that is simple, I want to keep torque as low as possible and only make power mainly with rpm, not with boost pressure (because it stresses clutch and engine a lot more).
I'm asking because the plots and maf readings looks the same no matter what I do.. After 5700 rpm it is not raising..

I don't know where to start. Splitting to a new thread in the noob forum because very little of this is coherent.

Also posting an actual log might be a good start.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
adam-

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 11:50:13 AM »

I want to keep torque as low as possible and only make power mainly with rpm

Buy a Honda.
snuff

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 12:09:28 PM »

Log is for example here.. As I said all I want to achieve is to raise maf readings and HP number until 6500rpm. Not buying a honda Wink
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 12:16:09 PM »

Have you checked your turbo compressor map? What flow do you think a single K03 is capable of?

How do you expect to increase flow without altering boost? Do you have alien technology at hand?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 12:19:30 PM »

Does the knock control not bother you in the slightest? You're asking for trouble here.

You're also out of injector. You don't think that might be a problem?

Finally, if you were worried about torque or engine damage, your AFR is awful lean down low.

I can't find anything about your tuning approach here that makes a lick of sense.

Boost, timing, fuel.

There isn't actually anything else. So you're not off to a great start.

ECUx Plot

snuff

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2020, 12:22:59 PM »

Well, my point is that when you look at the graphs at 5700 rpm at 0.9bar boost you've got 170g/s maf reading.. At 6200 rpm and same 0.9 bar boost you've got only 168g/s.. This is what I'm talking about, that holding SAME pressure at higher rpm doesn't make more flow what is little bit weird for me..
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2020, 12:26:39 PM »

Get out of the turbo's efficiency range, you just blow hotter air and increase backpressure. Guess what that does to O2 content?

No idea why you think engine mods are going to help here. Perhaps your only tuning background is with NA motors?

ECUx Plot

snuff

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2020, 12:42:17 PM »

Injectors are at 92percent max.. Turbo WGDC is not even a 50 percent so I don't think it is out of efficiency..
And that AFR, could you help me, or post an image where can you see lean AFR? I would be thankful.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2020, 12:51:23 PM »

Injectors are at 92percent max.. Turbo WGDC is not even a 50 percent so I don't think it is out of efficiency..
And that AFR, could you help me, or post an image where can you see lean AFR? I would be thankful.

90+ is bad for two reasons
1) at >95% the injector is delivering as much fuel as static.
2) over 50% means the injector is spraying on a closed valve *during the exhaust cycle*

50% wgdc has literally nothing to do with compressor map efficiency

I don't even understand why you aren't connecting your mysterious MAF readings with VE with respect to compressor map efficiency and back pressure

Finally, don't bother asking about AFR until you've got that ridiculous mount of KR fixed.
You'll soon find out why you may need more fuel at lower rpms.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 12:54:15 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

snuff

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2020, 01:33:28 PM »

Could you be more specific please?
You mean this? A lot of timing retard until -8 CF?  As far I know, until -3degrees it's just fine, even stock engine produced such amount of retard.. -8 is quite a lot, I'm aware of it.. Am I on same thoughts as you?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2020, 01:40:08 PM »

Sorry, had another look. 12.5 is okay. If you bring in a bit more earlier it MAY help if you are on 91oct (R/M) or worse fuel.

ECUx Plot

snuff

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2020, 10:31:41 PM »

Hi, just quick question regarding KR events.. I retarded timing few degrees, put more fuel through lamfa (0.82) and I could always see a huge number of detonations. Even when I checked old logs since I bought the car I saw detonations in old logs too (on the stock map as well).  I tried to change spark plugs and no change. The car is consuming quite a lot of oil 1l/2500km so I think oil consumption is what is causing this. Am I right?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2020, 10:36:28 PM »

"detonations" do not show in the logs.

ECUx Plot

snuff

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2020, 10:42:21 PM »

Okay but my ECU is retarding timning a lot (probably because of knock). My timing isn't aggressive, my AFR is alright, my boost is not high and it is retarding it on stock timing as well.. In this log IAT is quite high but I can see it event when IAT is low in cold days. The car is retarding ignition in the light load when coming from idle too, so I assume my theory about oil causing this is right, because the car puffs blue smoke mainly after idling.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 10:48:14 PM by snuff » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: