Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FIRST POST HERE ! Question regarding a Octavia RS 1.8t Stock vs ABT tune....  (Read 3677 times)
ngt84

Hello ! This is my first message i think....
After many years of guys harassing me to start to tuning the "nefarious" german 1.8t 20v engine... I bought some tools
A friend came over he just bought a used 2004 Skoda Octavia 1.8t RS 180ps and it has an ABT tune (as the ABT stickers and psychotic service manual of the previous owner suggest)
This car allegedly outputs 210ps now on the dyno. There is a dyno sheet in the glove box.... Also this car has two error codes appearing once every week or so (EGR and boost valve)

-So i read this cars ECU and its tuned file, with KESS after switching on and off the key numerous times as per the kess instructions i got a 1024kb file....
-ECU INFO HW: 0261207440 SW: 1037363908  Engine: 1.8L R4/5VT SW upg.: 06A906032HN 0002 CHASSIS: 1U5 5MT MOTOR: AUQ 180PS
- Wouldn't open with winols so i had to edit out the NOREAD injected text with another binary editing program.
- Downloaded a DAMOS file, wouldnt open with demo winols from their website, had to download an illegal old one i guess....
- So i compare a stock file and the ABT tuned file and the differences are....
1) KFMIRL is changed on the last two load rows a little bit....
2) NMAX to 7314
3) NMAXDV 7306,750
4) KFMLDMX  raised last two HPA 900 and 1100 loads after 2250rpm
5) KFLDRL lowered last load row after 1750rpm
6) KFLDHBN all the map maxxed out
7) LDRXN raised a lot after 1500rpm
Cool LDRXNZK same as the previous one
9) KFDLULS maxxed out whole map maxxed out to 1275

So can anyone explain what did they do here ? As far as i understand they didnt change AFR fuel target and Igntiion advance at all.....
The only map im guessing from searching for these acronyms that enabled the car to overboost 1.2bar and fall to 1.0bar is the KFMIRL and the LDRXN and the rest are  just limiter maps  ? (LDRXN is kidna also as a limiter)

Is tuning so easy with a stock k03 turbo ? That was so anticlimatctic for me since i come from aftermarket ECU tuning background....
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 06:18:24 PM by ngt84 » Logged
nyet
Administrator

Don't bother looking at anyone else's tune.

This should be FAQ someplace

1) you don't know what their strategy is, and it's often misleading or flat out wrong: we know much more about these ECUs now than any of those "pro" tuners did at the time.
2) they often obfuscate their maps and relocate them to misdirect

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Sandstorm3k

S4wiki answers all of these questions.

I do find it interesting to observe such tunes (but it's a bad starting point for a beginner), and try to understand the changes. Even though, after a while i've come to the conclusion some changes really don't make any sense.
ngt84

S4wiki answers all of these questions.
Not really, i created this post because  i loooked at s4wiki XD and according to s4wiki this file shouldnt work and boost more than stock....
 and i assumed many of you here after so many years you would have checked what some popular brands trend to do
Also what i read here and in s4wiki, is about not overboosting past 1.5bar because then the car will destroy itself because pid will go crazy.....
All the tunes here in Greece in the past 15 years are all overboosting 1.6-1.7 without installing map sensors and rescaling ( And sometimes risking 1.8+ and bending rods after 6 months )
Imagine if i was saying to a future customer. NO that cant be done !!! and everyone literally does it with 95% with no problem.

Now for the file
1) the car is boosting more than the stock file....  It shouldnt do that according to all the things i read .....
2) Maps relocated ? But i just click winols and compare the whole binary file and see if they drastically moved anything....

Whats a good upload spot to put the ABT binary file here so you could whiff it ?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 06:37:48 PM by ngt84 » Logged
nyet
Administrator

and i assumed many of you here after so many years you would have checked what some popular brands trend to do
It is almost as if you didn't bother reading my post.

Imagine if i was saying to a future customer. NO that cant be done !!! and everyone literally does it with 95% with no problem.

100% bullshit. Bad tuning is bad tuning, end of story. There are a ton of hacks out there *because* people are clueless about how stuff works and blindly copy shit.

Whats a good upload spot to put the ABT binary file here so you could whiff it ?

Nowhere. You're wasting your time and everyone elses.

If you want answers, post a log, not a binary. There is a reason posting binaries is useless. Go back and read my post, again.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 05:10:27 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

Ive seen those greek me7 tunes (e***s) for a custom hw and theyre completely bs

And sometimes risking 1.8+ and bending rods after 6 months
Lazy mofos wont spent a few days to research 5120 and thats the key explains quality of those "tunes"

2) NMAX to 7314
3) NMAXDV 7306,750
Probably byte sequence should be switched in winols from HiLo tot LoHi

4) KFMLDMX  raised last two HPA 900 and 1100 loads after 2250rpm

KFLDIMX i believe. No reason to touch stock values on a stock turbo. Raise axis if needed. Bs tune.

5) KFLDRL lowered last load row after 1750rpm

they faced up with overboost with changed dimx. and couldnt get any better idea than limit wgdc. pathetic

1) the car is boosting more than the stock file....  It shouldnt do that according to all the things i read .....
ldrxn & hbn
2) Maps relocated ? But i just click winols and compare the whole binary file and see if they drastically moved anything....
wrong sw version of original file probably

Whats a good upload spot to put the ABT binary file
trash bin
ngt84

wrong sw version of original file probably

Nyan said they relocated maps, not me, i compared a stock file with the ABT file on the car. I didnt see anything drastically moved in the whole file.
 Only two bytes changed were not in the DAMOS.... And the rest was what i mentioned.

----
Fun fact. My friend and his brother went and tuned their cars (one Seat ibiza FR and one Seat Leon) tuner company's name was literally e*****s Tongue
 both with K04 turbo and 630cc injectors.no map sensor mods. Both were finished within half a day on a dyno.
 Leon went for. 1.55bar overboost with 1.5 steady boost. Put down 290.2ps with 432nm
 And the ibiza FR 276.4pswith 396nm overboost 1.5 with 1.35 steady boost....

I didnt have time to check their new files due to the covid curfew and they had to leave for a 2 hour trip.
 Previous tuner on one of the car was not good so he saw these improvements on cold start and immediate cranking correct trip computer calculations and i think a little better boost control.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 11:47:24 PM by ngt84 » Logged
nyet
Administrator

Don't care. Post a log.

dyno numbers are bullshit too.

ECUx Plot

fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

Nyan said they relocated maps, not me, i compared a stock file with the ABT file on the car. I didnt see anything drastically moved in the whole file.
 Only two bytes changed were not in the DAMOS.... And the rest was what i mentioned.

----
Fun fact. My friend and his brother went and tuned their cars (one Seat ibiza FR and one Seat Leon) tuner company's name was literally e*****s Tongue
 both with K04 turbo and 630cc injectors.no map sensor mods. Both were finished within half a day on a dyno.
 Leon went for. 1.55bar overboost with 1.5 steady boost. Put down 290.2ps with 432nm
 And the ibiza FR 276.4pswith 396nm overboost 1.5 with 1.35 steady boost....

I didnt have time to check their new files due to the covid curfew and they had to leave for a 2 hour trip.
 Previous tuner on one of the car was not good so he saw these improvements on cold start and immediate cranking correct trip computer calculations and i think a little better boost control.

Every idiot could easily remove the limiters and reach maximum boost
The key is to made it safely to engine with smooth driving not only on WOT but at wide range of conditions (iat, altitude, cruising etc)
Id highly recommend you to check those "tunes" just as example of bs tune
nyet
Administrator

The key is to made it safely to engine with smooth driving not only on WOT

99% of these bullshit tunes look like crap even solely at WOT

They're all garbage until around 2008 when the FR and full understanding of ME7 went public.

and 99% of those bullshit tuners were still just using their old pre-2008 tunes because, hey, why bother fixing them, there is always another sucker.

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: