Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: ME7.1 / Standalone parallel ECU  (Read 5863 times)
86turbodsl

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2023, 09:10:45 AM »

Not needed.Not needed unless you want to run more than 1.5 bar boost.

But if you don't have a good grasp of ME7, then trying to turbo a NA ECU is not it for the first learning experience.
So yes, find a standalone ECU that has the CAN matrix support.

Without proper CAN support, besides the cluster, also say goodbye to ABS/ESP and automatic gearbox (if it's not manual).
ESP communication is two way, you are not going to hack together a controller for that when ECU has no concept of torque model.

I agree with your assessment that this task is probably too much for a first time ME7 project.  Keeping ABS would be nice but isn't necessary.  I expect this to be a fair weather car, so ESP loss isn't a huge deal as it's still AWD.

As far as the controller understanding boost, i'd seen previous comments that a NA ecu just doesn't understand boost.  Is that correct or not?

Frankly, if the 2.7T ecu understood the different VVT system on this engine, i'd just use that.  But it's nice that this car already has dual widebands. 
prj

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2023, 04:13:55 PM »

As far as the controller understanding boost, i'd seen previous comments that a NA ecu just doesn't understand boost.  Is that correct or not?
There is no boost control, but there is nothing stopping the ECU from reading pressure above ambient in the manifold. It's modelled from the MAF anyway.
It goes to 2560 mbar regardless of ECU.
The main issue is controlling the torque and also the logic of the ECU going WOT at the right time.

With a supercharger there is no issue at all. With a turbo stuff is more complicated because produced boost is not only a function of RPM.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
86turbodsl

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2023, 02:12:03 PM »

There is no boost control, but there is nothing stopping the ECU from reading pressure above ambient in the manifold. It's modelled from the MAF anyway.
It goes to 2560 mbar regardless of ECU.
The main issue is controlling the torque and also the logic of the ECU going WOT at the right time.

With a supercharger there is no issue at all. With a turbo stuff is more complicated because produced boost is not only a function of RPM.

Makes sense.  Good info.   thank you.
Blazius

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2023, 04:29:26 PM »

I agree with your assessment that this task is probably too much for a first time ME7 project.  Keeping ABS would be nice but isn't necessary.  I expect this to be a fair weather car, so ESP loss isn't a huge deal as it's still AWD.

Frankly, if the 2.7T ecu understood the different VVT system on this engine, i'd just use that.  But it's nice that this car already has dual widebands. 

Ive messaged you saying I would help out with this project with boost control and more if needed but looks like you don't seem to acknowledge it.

Why do you think prj said what he said? Because this is a project maybe 5-10 people here can do properly specially one you didnt build.

You better learn  asm fast and be able to diassemble then.
86turbodsl

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2023, 07:02:45 AM »

Ive messaged you saying I would help out with this project with boost control and more if needed but looks like you don't seem to acknowledge it.

Why do you think prj said what he said? Because this is a project maybe 5-10 people here can do properly specially one you didnt build.

You better learn  asm fast and be able to diassemble then.

sorry, i didn't see the message till just now.  I'm most likely going standalone as i have experience tuning, just not on ME7.1.  Developing the firmware in addition to tuning sounds like a very big job.  I don't even have the hardware developed yet, so it's a ways in the future.   The language barrier to German doesn't help either.   Not a native speaker.
_nameless

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2023, 07:05:34 AM »

I have to correct this as its bothering me... YOUR CAR IS ME7.1.1 NOT ME7.1!!!

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
_nameless

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2023, 07:58:44 AM »

Figured Id toss you a bone...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 03:13:55 AM by _nameless » Logged

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
86turbodsl

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2023, 04:48:16 AM »

I have to correct this as its bothering me... YOUR CAR IS ME7.1.1 NOT ME7.1!!!

If it helps, i have an ecu for the same powertrain on a 2002.  Different ecu number.  I think only real difference is a return style fuel line.
eedzt

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2023, 07:45:52 AM »

Just a remainder that torsen centre diff car becomes 1 wheel drive when you lose 1 corner traction completely when you dont have functioning ABS unit. So it will be AWD system only when all wheels have same traction.
_nameless

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2023, 08:03:11 AM »

If it helps, i have an ecu for the same powertrain on a 2002.  Different ecu number.  I think only real difference is a return style fuel line.
Well I hope you got the load caps addresses I posted. Too many freeloaders here, so I only had them up for a limited time.  Wink

BlackT

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2023, 12:49:49 PM »

Well I hope you got the load caps addresses I posted. Too many freeloaders here, so I only had them up for a limited time.  Wink
What have you posted, only two load caps in whole file, is that all the trick?
yutu

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2023, 01:05:08 PM »

Not needed.Not needed unless you want to run more than 1.5 bar boost.

But if you don't have a good grasp of ME7, then trying to turbo a NA ECU is not it for the first learning experience.
So yes, find a standalone ECU that has the CAN matrix support.

Without proper CAN support, besides the cluster, also say goodbye to ABS/ESP and automatic gearbox (if it's not manual).
ESP communication is two way, you are not going to hack together a controller for that when ECU has no concept of torque model.
  and how to hack the controller so that the abs works? on Tuareg 2.3l and me7.1 instead of 3.2 with me7.1.1 and abs does not work. how can abs work?
86turbodsl

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2023, 10:07:25 AM »

Just a remainder that torsen centre diff car becomes 1 wheel drive when you lose 1 corner traction completely when you dont have functioning ABS unit. So it will be AWD system only when all wheels have same traction.

So with that comment i'm back to using a standalone for fueling/spark and oem 7.1.1 for everything else.
OR maybe i can use the standalone for dbw also, just trying to not piss off the abs/7.1.1 combo.

OR Blazius' route of re-writing the firmware to allow boost control/load control over 100%.

lgtmelo

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2023, 12:57:34 PM »

So with that comment i'm back to using a standalone for fueling/spark and oem 7.1.1 for everything else.
OR maybe i can use the standalone for dbw also, just trying to not piss off the abs/7.1.1 combo.

OR Blazius' route of re-writing the firmware to allow boost control/load control over 100%.

check fueltech ecu, its got frequency controller for the maf, sent protocol for the dbw and ignition bypass for retarding. maybe it helps
prj

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2023, 03:30:53 PM »

Forget it.
Forget it, unless standalone supports full can matrix.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: