Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Author Topic: 1.8T 20vt Injectors  (Read 73017 times)
prj

« Reply #120 on: September 04, 2022, 10:41:06 PM »

This is actually a WOT 4th and 5th to do 100-200km/h, 860 is at end of 5th @ 200km/h (my gears are short). The stock EGT is out, so it's not in the log indeed.
Yeah so very short log. On the autobahn you will melt it.
Removing the EGT sensor means you don't even have protection and the tune isn't EGT stable.

Thats pretty good timing for such a high cr even on a pump gas
On pump it's 3 deg in mid and 6 deg up top.
Not safe for any reasonable amount of time.
Octane booster timing is better, but I don't like these engines below 15 deg timing up top.

Seems like there's two different philosophies at play here.
When I was still tuning and building cars for customers, I gave them to customers so that they could floor it as long as they liked and everything would stay together, no strings attached.
So there was not a limit "oh, you can't hold it WOT for more than 10 seconds".

If this is what you guys are going for, go ahead. But actually saying this is OK - I will shut that down every time.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 10:42:57 PM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Awaken

« Reply #121 on: September 04, 2022, 10:57:26 PM »

This setup is definitely conditional, the car is not a daily any more and in no way is this "safe for a customer", I am with you on this one.

Removing the EGT sensor means you don't even have protection and the tune isn't EGT stable.

As you can see the car runs rich at any point, so EGT control not really needed. TABGTA is set to 550 C pretty much in the whole range to avoid intervention.

So given there's octane booster always available, can the ignition timing be increased to let's say 13-14-15, as long as KR doesn't pull timing? What would be the highest ignition one would go with octane booster if it doesn't retard? I've had a setup with big port head where it ran 20 degrees @ 2 bar. CR was 9:1 and it didn't pull timing, I always found that weird.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 11:33:05 PM by Awaken » Logged
BlackT

« Reply #122 on: September 05, 2022, 12:31:52 AM »

This setup is definitely conditional, the car is not a daily any more and in no way is this "safe for a customer", I am with you on this one.

As you can see the car runs rich at any point, so EGT control not really needed. TABGTA is set to 550 C pretty much in the whole range to avoid intervention.

So given there's octane booster always available, can the ignition timing be increased to let's say 13-14-15, as long as KR doesn't pull timing? What would be the highest ignition one would go with octane booster if it doesn't retard? I've had a setup with big port head where it ran 20 degrees @ 2 bar. CR was 9:1 and it didn't pull timing, I always found that weird.
With that boost, and that CR your AFR is to high. You need more fuel to cool down that engine and keep it safe

10:1 CR na 1.8 bar boost at pump gas and 12 AFR . I must say I am impressed. 1.8T engines are real bulletproof
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 12:34:24 AM by BlackT » Logged
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #123 on: September 05, 2022, 12:53:08 AM »

Yeah so very short log. On the autobahn you will melt it.
On pump it's 3 deg in mid and 6 deg up top.
Not safe for any reasonable amount of time.
Octane booster timing is better, but I don't like these engines below 15 deg timing up top.

Seems like there's two different philosophies at play here.
When I was still tuning and building cars for customers, I gave them to customers so that they could floor it as long as they liked and everything would stay together, no strings attached.
So there was not a limit "oh, you can't hold it WOT for more than 10 seconds".

If this is what you guys are going for, go ahead. But actually saying this is OK - I will shut that down every time.

I didnt say 'awesome' or something like that
And personally am always aiming at least at 10 @mid for the same reasons
But
I saw much worse timing on a stock cr running past map pressure and those cars living for years (not at track i believe)
And then there is a community sayin 'R*vo tune rocks! and you just cant do the things like them blah blah' so nah guys, take your cookie with 5 deg timing and no worries if it blows. Youve got what you want  Roll Eyes
Yes its stupid. Yes i know that and ill never done that in my personal setup. Its a choice between stupidity and a budget, not a philosophy  Undecided
prj

« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2022, 01:59:09 AM »

LOL
It is hilarious how you are so blissfully unaware of your own ignorance, and keep pushing your narrative.
Your tune is a ticking timebomb, no amount of whitewashing is going to change that. Even with lambda 0.75 you will probably melt the thing.

KFZWOP.

Log your car properly.
Awaken

« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2022, 02:18:46 AM »

What is hilarious is how 9/10s of what you write is useless passive aggressive shit, but luckily that 1/10th is useful and people put up with you Smiley You remind me of Sheldon Cooper Cheesy Thanks for the input though, now please stop.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 02:22:02 AM by Awaken » Logged
prj

« Reply #126 on: September 05, 2022, 03:02:14 AM »

What is hilarious is how 9/10s of what you write is useless passive aggressive shit, but luckily that 1/10th is useful and people put up with you Smiley You remind me of Sheldon Cooper Cheesy Thanks for the input though, now please stop.
Adding personal attacks won't make your shit tune any better. But serves as a good example for others to learn from your mistakes.

Log your car properly.
Awaken

« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2022, 03:57:36 AM »

Adding personal attacks won't make your shit tune any better. But serves as a good example for others to learn from your mistakes.

You're lol-ing and calling me ignorant, I call your writing useless. Notice a difference? Who is personally attacking who here?

I saw a log from you few posts up with a -6 degrees at spool, I am not sure how you have the nerve to call my tune shit with such an abominable results of your own.

EGT protection is off, CR is too high, EGT is high, do E85 ... what else are you gonna bitch about? It sounds to me your whole tuning style is of a little scared pussy that doesn't have the balls to make some power. If I tell you I run mafless now you're probably shit your pants, aren't you?

Let's stop this please, we are ruining the dude's topic. Unless you have something useful to add, please just don't reply. Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 04:12:23 AM by Awaken » Logged
Awaken

« Reply #128 on: September 05, 2022, 04:06:18 AM »

With that boost, and that CR your AFR is to high. You need more fuel to cool down that engine and keep it safe

10:1 CR na 1.8 bar boost at pump gas and 12 AFR . I must say I am impressed. 1.8T engines are real bulletproof

It is more like 11.7 with octane booster always, lower and we start losing power I've noticed. Will try lower and will compare EGT, see if it helps, if the injectors make it.

And then there is a community sayin 'R*vo tune rocks! and you just cant do the things like them blah blah' so nah guys, take your cookie with 5 deg timing and no worries if it blows. Youve got what you want  Roll Eyes
Yes its stupid. Yes i know that and ill never done that in my personal setup. Its a choice between stupidity and a budget, not a philosophy  Undecided

So I am guessing everyone here thinks that 11 degrees on this CR with this boost, even though it is not retarding, is stupid and this engine will break any minute now due to high EGT and that's it Smiley Point taken, will start collecting parts for 8:1 Cheesy Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 04:20:16 AM by Awaken » Logged
prj

« Reply #129 on: September 05, 2022, 04:46:58 AM »

I saw a log from you few posts up with a -6 degrees at spool, I am not sure how you have the nerve to call my tune shit with such an abominable results of your own.
1. A few posts up. You mean ten years ago? Were were you ten years ago? In school?
2. It was specifically posted to illustrate the point of what happens when you have too high CR on an engine. That literal graph was there to illustrate the point.
3. You can't even read - at spool there's 20 deg in that graph, -5 degrees is at 30 psi. Do you think the car was tuned to run that boost or timing after? Of course not. The boost was backed the fuck down. It was a short linearization run for KFLDIMX/KFLDRL in that example.

You seem to think 3 deg is good ignition timing though.
EGT protection is off, CR is too high, EGT is high, do E85 ... what else are you gonna bitch about? It sounds to me your whole tuning style is of a little scared pussy that doesn't have the balls to make some power. If I tell you I run mafless now you're probably shit your pants, aren't you?
I don't "bitch" about anything. I don't give a fuck how you run your car. But I put my words in here so that other people who might hit this thread see how not to tune.
I've probably made more power than you will make in your lifetime, considering I did it full time on a dyno for 10 years.

LOL at mafless comment. I am the one who made speed density for M2.3.2 in 2010, and I did the SD mod 8 years go for ME7.
I don't run my cars in limp mode on alpha/n though, because it drives like shit.

You're just a nobody getting called out on your bullshit.
From your posts it is clear you don't know what you are doing, but you have a big mouth at the same time. Shitty combination.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 04:52:02 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
Awaken

« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2022, 04:58:58 AM »

Dude, please. That's yet another useless post from you, nothing on topic.

You seem to think 3 deg is good ignition timing though.I don't "bitch" about anything. I don't give a fuck how you run your car. But I put my words in here so that other people who might hit this thread see

Where did you see 3 deg and that I think it's good? The same place I saw your -6? Do you think it was left like this, it was apparently work in progress.

Of course I am not a tuner, nice investigation work! It takes a click to check my posts, all about the same car for 6 years. Show me one place where I claimed otherwise? Big mouth? Where? Bullshit? What was bullshit exactly? Not only do you "bitch", but now you're also making stuff up to compensate for something.

What part of my tune is shit exactly? The fact that it reaches 860 C EGT? Ask people around with 8:1 what EGT they're running, I'd like to know. Do you even know what power this car makes? Ridiculous...
prj

« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2022, 05:06:43 AM »

What part of my tune is shit exactly? The fact that it reaches 860 C EGT? Ask people around with 8:1 what EGT they're running, I'd like to know. Do you even know what power this car makes? Ridiculous...
We don't know what EGT it reaches and how quick, because there's no logs. So it's just your random claims without any basis for verification.

What is shit?
Hardware wise: the fact that you ended up with an engine that is only good for race fuel or E85, because even with octane booster it's unsafe, but you want to use it on pump fuel. Why? Who knows. Maybe the 9.5 pistons were on special on eBay.
Tuning wise: You come here and say hey, it's so cool to run 5 deg of ignition at 7000 rpm. Well it's not, and it's going to blow up if you hold it for any reasonable amount of time.
If I put it on my dyno, it won't even make a single dyno run before something melts with that timing. Seen plenty of hotshots like you who come in to my dyno to measure their hot shit, it blows up and they pay the cleaning fee. "But on the street it was fine!!111", yes when you push it WOT for <8 seconds it usually is...

If you were a normal person you would just put E85 or race fuel into it, and you would do just fine.
Maybe dual 1.2mm jets with pure meth could help you a little. Not that it's reasonable either.
But none of that is pump fuel anymore. Octane booster isn't pump fuel either.

But you are not a normal person, because you are trying to somehow say that what you did was right.
It's not, it will never be right, and it's precisely the reason this thread exists.

Of course I am not a tuner,
I mean everyone here with any experience can see that, because half of what you post has nothing to do with reality, no investigation needed here.

Log your car properly.
Awaken

« Reply #132 on: September 05, 2022, 05:33:03 AM »

Tuning wise: You come here and say hey, it's so cool to run 5 deg of ignition at 7000 rpm.

Where did I say that? Please quote me, you seem to know the quote button very well!

I came here sharing logs and information ON TOPIC and possibly asking for an opinion, which I got plenty of from you albeit useless for the most part. I also said that this tune is conditional and it will always run octane booster at least (where the F did you see that I want to run it on pump gas?). I also never said that it will not run E85, maybe it will, haven't decided. On top of that there's no 5 degrees on any of my logs (except that intermediate one that I put for reference, same thing with your -6 log), please you're making claims that are FALSE - plain and simple!

Please, read twice, three times before you reply, you seem to be making things up.

There were other people who expressed their option so simple and not provocative, be like them.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 05:40:38 AM by Awaken » Logged
prj

« Reply #133 on: September 05, 2022, 05:45:20 AM »

Where did I say that? Please quote me, you seem to know the quote button very well!

I came here sharing logs and information ON TOPIC and possibly asking for an opinion, which I got plenty of from you albeit useless for the most part. I also said that this tune is conditional and it will always run octane booster at least (where the F did you see that I want to run it on pump gas?).
You got plenty of opinions, especially after you said "I don't need EGT control"  Grin
In your screens you have KR even with the current timing.

You are doing super short pulls.

Try to see what happens with timing and KR on a dyno with at least a 13-14 second long pull.
You won't be able to run that timing, and you will most likely have a chain knock event where the timing will go negative, since it'll get too hot, and it's a chain reaction from there.
Hence me saying it's not safe to run that boost with standard fuel, octane booster or not.

On E85 it would be fine, on MS109 also. But not on this pump+.
Anyway, I think that much is clear. But of course according to you everyone who does not want to melt their shit is a "pussy" Grin
I just never chose 9+ CR for more than 200 hp/l on MPI engines, unless they were going to be running ethanol.

It's exactly the choice between making power absolutely safely and reliably or making less power without any safety for 6-7sec runs.
Why? To save 0.2L/100km fuel? Really?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 05:57:27 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2022, 06:19:02 AM »

So I am guessing everyone here thinks that 11 degrees on this CR with this boost, even though it is not retarding, is stupid and this engine will break any minute now due to high EGT and that's it Smiley Point taken, will start collecting parts for 8:1 Cheesy Thanks.

Its pretty well with an octane booster (8-12 iirc) and absolutely worse on a pump (3@5000)

Only one question here - why?

Factory setups with a high CR, low boost are good for mileage, emissions and driveability
Low CR, high boost good for top end power

Youll try to catch benefits from those both strategies but in fact its just a fight with EGTs with no mileage reward (octane booster costs more) so whats the point?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
  Print  

Jump to: