Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Understanding/retrofitting immobilizer (Updated for Allroad owners/DEATH CODE)  (Read 169520 times)
MikeSquared

UPDATE:

I ran into something earlier today I thought I'd share. If it happened to me, it could happen to you.
Allroad owners(and BEL a6 owners as well), pay attention.
The immo-off files in this thread won't work on the me7.1.1 allroads.

Does this mean all BEL Allroads (I've got an '04 BEL) are me7.1.1? If NOT, how do I find out? Or does it matter if I only need to read (not flash) to get the SKC?

You can retrieve the SKC (secret key code) from the ecu by reading off the 95040.

I just want to get the SKC ("PIN" to login with VCDS) to pair new keys. Only got 1 when I bought the car and the stealership wants way too much for a new key. Got a deal on some blanks & remotes (on e-bay) as well as new ID48 chips (from Germany not the ones from China). From what I gathered I need the NefMoto software and a cable to just dump the bin (off the ECU or the EEPROM?) to find the SKC. I guess I'm a little confused as I thought the 95040 is the EEPROM... I don't think I need to worry about flashing or bootmode, just read. Also on another thread it looks like the HEX-NET is not able to be used to read the bin, correct?

I've spent a good part of the day reading various things that got me here and I've read thru this thread as well as a few others (on this forum). I think I understand, but definitely want to make sure before I mess it up. FWIW the ECU has an MTM chip (I'm guessing that only matters for a tune not getting the SKC).

Thanks for the help!
AARDQ

All allroad or A6 BEL (US anyway?) are ME7.1.1.  May not be ST10, but are 7.1.1

The 95040 (actually most likely a 5p08c3) is indeed the EEPROM -- not the main flash.  It's been quite a while, but I don't recall having any issues reading using ARGDUB's tool (BEL A6).

MikeSquared

It's been quite a while, but I don't recall having any issues reading using ARGDUB's tool (BEL A6).

So do I need ARGDUB's tool & the NefMoto software? Or can it be just one or the other (ie can I read what I need with just the NefMoto software and/or is ARGDUB's tool stand-alone [I think it is])? Sorry if I seem dense, but this is a "new" realm for me and it may take a bit for it to all make sense to me. I just didn't want to pay Audi $200+ for extra/spare keys Sad

Thanks for the help!
AARDQ

ARGDUB's tool to read the EEPROM (writing is via bootmode or test clip or desolder), the NefMoto software to read and write the flash (but doesn't sound like that's your goal at this point).  A fair number of people use Vag K+ Commander to pair keys.  There's a copy of v2.5 here, about half way down the page:  http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=3155.0
MikeSquared

ARGDUB's tool to read the EEPROM (writing is via bootmode or test clip or desolder), the NefMoto software to read and write the flash (but doesn't sound like that's your goal at this point).  A fair number of people use Vag K+ Commander to pair keys.  There's a copy of v2.5 here, about half way down the page:  http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=3155.0

Thanks! As I was reading more yesterday I think I finally got a good idea of how to proceed. I'll look at the Vag K+ Commander and see how that looks. Either way looks like I need a different cable as from what I understand the HEX-NET (even with usb attached) can't/doesn't do dumb mode Sad I appreciate the help and pointing me to other options!  Thanks!

Edit: Used ARGDUB's tool to dump EEPROM (using a basic e-bay US made cable) & TURBOAT's 95040 Tool (http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6134.0) to extract the info (instead of trying to find & extract it myself in a hex editor). With the SKC I just programmed with my HEX-NET.  Again thanks for the help getting me pointed in the right direction and getting my head around what I needed to do. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 02:12:41 PM by MikeSquared » Logged
junior

A little research has yielded me no results on this, but where in the flash does the software reference the eeprom for immo? If the ECU is a non immo ECU (2000 MY) and you flash an immo bin on it, why is it immobilized? The new flash must reference the immo somewhere and therefore should be able to be corrected in the flash. The upside to this is not having to screw with the 95040 and not having to pull the ECU for bootmode. So anyone know how to modify the flash bin to eliminate the immo reference?
TRespect

hi guys. looking for help to wake up my touareg 1.
I'm starting a thread here:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=13927.0title=
doublerwest

The attached immo-off has worked for me on four different ME7.1.1 ECUs.  All running 4Z907551R or N software.  Also worked on a 551S but I had other issues ('programming not finished' error) so can't vouch for consistency.  The ME7.1.1 uses a 5p08c3 rather than 95040, but 95040 file does work given that half of the 5p08c3 isn't used.  Another option...

I can't for the life of me find the thread the file was originally posted in, but credit to whomever modified it to begin with.

may you know if this procedure is the same procedure for me7.5 ecu with changing variables in hex for death code avoidance p0601  4b0906018da me 7.5 ? or the immo similar i have used eeprom prog tool and it kicks a p0601 after laying in a box put up for awhile any and all knowledge is appreciated....

W357
juiceyou321

My 04 A6 s-line came with AA software and I want to flash it with the 551r software. So, if I'm understanding this correctly, I don't HAVE to disable immo in order to just flash a 551r file as long as the ecu is in the car and currently has a working immo. Is this correct?
It's it also correct that it might be safer to disable immo before flashing a 551r and making changes, then reactivating it after I'm done with all of my adjustments?
I don't really have a need for the immo, so I wouldn't be heartbroken to just have it off permanently. Just wanting to make sure I have this right before doing anything. Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind, I found the answer on here. I can flash the 551R bin without disabling the immobilizer while the ecu is in the car.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 01:56:07 PM by juiceyou321 » Logged
Leafy

Ok, I can't quite get a read on this. What needs to be done to not get the flashing key in the dash on an immo2 car with a non-Immo tune. In this case, ME7.1 allroad with mbox flash. I need new keys and don't want to have to spend money on transponders, and obviously don't want the dash light.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: