Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37
Author Topic: The 5120 hack - Running up to 5bar absolute pressure on ME7.x  (Read 302068 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #300 on: July 20, 2013, 01:49:12 AM »

my impression was that the primary purpose of the (eponymous) 5120 hack is NOT precision, but to overcome the 2059mbar limit.

To that end, i thought the purpose of this subthead is to discuss to halve both ps_w and pssol_w properly, and not so much worrying about the precision of the 8 bit rl..

Or am I missing something obvious?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Bische

« Reply #301 on: July 20, 2013, 04:31:15 AM »

my impression was that the primary purpose of the (eponymous) 5120 hack is NOT precision, but to overcome the 2059mbar limit.

To that end, i thought the purpose of this subthead is to discuss to halve both ps_w and pssol_w properly, and not so much worrying about the precision of the 8 bit rl..

Or am I missing something obvious?

No youre right, it has no meaning to discuss the precision, I just accidently sidetracked this a bit with prj.

My meaning was to say why the fvisrm_w is calculated with 10.13 instead of the regular 1013, is to put less strain in the algorithm. If you look further at the calculation of ps_w it is crystal clear, there are further computions.  

You could have 1013 there instead of 10.13 and it would work anyway, youll just end up with two decimals higher values in KFURL/PRG and there is where more important precision would be lost.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 04:32:50 AM by Bische » Logged
prj

« Reply #302 on: July 20, 2013, 06:37:23 AM »

Yes it does really put the shape on ps_w, it is the map to tune ps_w(and requested, pssol_w). As I said, this algo is really hard to get a grasp of, but once you do youll be saying "oh shit" to yourself. Just make a 10% change to cell affecting idle and slap it your RS4 and tell me what results it had.

Look, once again. KFURL has no effect on ps_w whatsoever. How about you actually disassemble the code and look.
Only thing KFURL really affects is how much boost the ECU will request to reach a certain req. load (yes I know it is used for other things as well).

I don't need to "slap" anything anywhere, I change this map all the time on non-standard setups.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 06:51:44 AM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
julex

« Reply #303 on: July 22, 2013, 07:04:55 AM »

More fuel for thought.

The pull below is 2nd gear one which resulted in leaning out up top drastically due to PS_W dropping inexplicably at normal maf flow and boost level readouts. PS_W drops in 0.1s from 3320 to 2673 (and so does engine load), that's 20% drop all of the sudden. My Zeitronix AFR ("WB_AFR_b1" or "WB_Lambda_b1") reports corresponding increase in AFR as the PS_W dips and interestingly, msdk_w (air flow over throttle) bumps up at the same cell by 1.6x from previous one.

This is with newly reset KISRM to stock value. I didn't see that in previous logs with halved KISRM.

It seems like PS_W calculation is fubarred now with stock KISRM given that everything else seems normal for a pull... how is everyone else with stock KISRM?

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 07:13:31 AM by julex » Logged
Bische

« Reply #304 on: July 22, 2013, 10:22:46 AM »

More fuel for thought.

The pull below is 2nd gear one which resulted in leaning out up top drastically due to PS_W dropping inexplicably at normal maf flow and boost level readouts. PS_W drops in 0.1s from 3320 to 2673 (and so does engine load), that's 20% drop all of the sudden. My Zeitronix AFR ("WB_AFR_b1" or "WB_Lambda_b1") reports corresponding increase in AFR as the PS_W dips and interestingly, msdk_w (air flow over throttle) bumps up at the same cell by 1.6x from previous one.

This is with newly reset KISRM to stock value. I didn't see that in previous logs with halved KISRM.

It seems like PS_W calculation is fubarred now with stock KISRM given that everything else seems normal for a pull... how is everyone else with stock KISRM?

Looks like a cam changeover point to me(just like it switches at 4500rpms), the change in ps_w just much more abrupt now with double the KISRM(assuming you went from halfed stock KISRM, back to stock).
julex

« Reply #305 on: July 22, 2013, 10:53:12 AM »

Looks like a cam changeover point to me(just like it switches at 4500rpms), the change in ps_w just much more abrupt now with double the KISRM(assuming you went from halfed stock KISRM, back to stock).

Doesn't it? Except that I don't see MAF flow change which usually is a result of switching cams off (you can see a notch) and that my changeover is at 4k. I will log the same with KISRM halved next to ensure I have no other issues.
Bische

« Reply #306 on: July 22, 2013, 01:43:57 PM »

Doesn't it? Except that I don't see MAF flow change which usually is a result of switching cams off (you can see a notch) and that my changeover is at 4k. I will log the same with KISRM halved next to ensure I have no other issues.

Post your KFURL, this is a great example.
prj

« Reply #307 on: July 22, 2013, 03:44:39 PM »

Sat down and looked through all the code, as the docs really do not state clearly how this actually works.

ps_w at startup is initialized to pu_w.
After that ps_w is never completely re-assigned. Basically what happens is, delta manifold pressure is calculated and then added to ps_w.

It subtracts rl_w from rlroh_w to get the delta between current load and load from MAF and this delta is multiplied by fvisrm_w, which is (KISRM * ftsr).
If it is not zero, it is either added or subtracted from ps_w, and we get the new ps_w value. Basically fvisrm_w is conversion from load into pressure (opposite of KFURL).

After that ps_w is converted to load via KFURL, however KFURL itself does not affect ps_w directly.

So what happens if you do not halve KISRM nor the 10.13 calculation?
Your delta pressure is evaluated to double, and the filling models in the ECU start fighting each other.
I looked at this a long time ago, and came to the conclusion that KISRM or the 10.13 must be halved. Looked at this again now with a fresh start, and came to exact the same conclusion.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 03:46:56 PM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
phila_dot

« Reply #308 on: July 22, 2013, 04:32:12 PM »

Sat down and looked through all the code, as the docs really do not state clearly how this actually works.

After that ps_w is never completely re-assigned. Basically what happens is, delta manifold pressure is calculated and then added to ps_w.

It subtracts rl_w from rlroh_w to get the delta between current load and load from MAF and this delta is multiplied by fvisrm_w, which is (KISRM * ftsr).
If it is not zero, it is either added or subtracted from ps_w, and we get the new ps_w value. Basically fvisrm_w is conversion from load into pressure (opposite of KFURL).

After that ps_w is converted to load via KFURL, however KFURL itself does not affect ps_w directly.

I saw the same.

Your delta pressure is evaluated to double, and the filling models in the ECU start fighting each other.
I looked at this a long time ago, and came to the conclusion that KISRM or the 10.13 must be halved. Looked at this again now with a fresh start, and came to exact the same conclusion.

This does make sense.
Bische

« Reply #309 on: July 22, 2013, 11:11:55 PM »

Thank you, now with your new understanding we can discuss how this works Smiley

No, it is not a conversion and not the opposite of KFURL. It is an Integrator (KISRM = Konstant Integrator saugrohrmodel), and one thing that the FR actually states in all this, is KISRM's function.

It also states how to turn the function off(KISRM = 1), if KISRM really was where we scaled ps_w this would net you a modeled intake pressure of 20-30bar lol. Julex log also prooves this, he doubled his KISRM but he didnt end up with a ps_w of 6000hPa.

KISRM is there to tune the response of ps_w, just like any other I part.

I agree, KFURL controls ps_w indirectly(with offset of KFPRG).

The fvisrm_w mulu is applied to the load delta before we scale down ps_w.

Edit: I have to get back on that one tbh
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 11:43:33 PM by Bische » Logged
prj

« Reply #310 on: July 23, 2013, 12:42:09 AM »

Thank you, now with your new understanding we can discuss how this works Smiley

No, it is not a conversion and not the opposite of KFURL.
FVISRM is. More rather the 10.13 multiplied into it is.

It also states how to turn the function off(KISRM = 1), if KISRM really was where we scaled ps_w this would net you a modeled intake pressure of 20-30bar lol. Julex log also prooves this, he doubled his KISRM but he didnt end up with a ps_w of 6000hPa.

Of course he would not, as ps_w is INITIALIZED to pu_w, and after that delta pressure is used.
Not changing KISRM or the 10.13 is like telling the model that it's intake manifold is double the size. That's why his ps_w is too high for the boost, and why it oscillates.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 12:44:17 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
Bische

« Reply #311 on: July 23, 2013, 02:58:47 AM »

FVISRM is. More rather the 10.13 multiplied into it is.

Of course he would not, as ps_w is INITIALIZED to pu_w, and after that delta pressure is used.
Not changing KISRM or the 10.13 is like telling the model that it's intake manifold is double the size. That's why his ps_w is too high for the boost, and why it oscillates.

So youre still holding on to this?

Except that KFURL has no effect whatsoever on ps_w and KFPRG is just an addition, which is added AFTER ps_w gets calculated.

So, what do you modify to scale ps_w?
prj

« Reply #312 on: July 23, 2013, 04:43:59 AM »

I don't see what is so hard to understand.
fvisrm_w converts delta load (rlroh_w - rl_w) to delta pressure (dpsfg_w). It consists of 10.13, KISRM and ftsr.
They are all multiplied by each other so whether you scale the 10.13 value, KISRM or ftsr does not matter. ftsr is used in a few other places. KISRM and the 10.13 are used in just one place. KISRM is a normal parameter, 10.13 you have to find and half in the code - KISRM is easier to change.

ps_w is not directly scaled by KFURL, ps_w is scaled by DSUOFS and DSUGRAD and then the 10.13 constant or KISRM, which govern it's rate of change.

The docs do not fully explain how this works, period. I also do not see why you expect ps_w to be double with double KISRM.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 04:46:39 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
julex

« Reply #313 on: July 23, 2013, 07:03:08 AM »

Hiccups are still there with halved KISRM. I am getting mysterious PS_W drop with associated RL_W and fueling going awry per my wideband O2 although ECU things everything is ok, of course. NWS switchover is at 4k and I see associated activity so I don't think this is the culprit, but here is the KFURL as requested.

Please look at my log, row 88 and 89. PS_W drops again and so does RL_W... I will welcome any suggestions.

Edit: I will log pvdkds_w to see if I am not hitting psmx_w (I don't have memory address for psmx_w, but pvdkds_w will suffice) and therefore limit the ps_w.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 08:43:33 AM by julex » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #314 on: July 23, 2013, 09:42:08 AM »

This looks similar to this issue (which i never solved)

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=3562.0

http://nyet.org/cars/images/ps_w-workaround.png

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37
  Print  

Jump to: