Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21
Author Topic: Bosch EV14 Injector Migration  (Read 361561 times)
ABCD

« Reply #225 on: February 12, 2014, 10:40:23 PM »

Yes, thats also said in FR. But what are values that should be look at when adjust these and what are good reference values? Original injectors with original settings or something else?

IMO, changing injector should not cause a change to trasnient compensation.
phila_dot

« Reply #226 on: February 13, 2014, 09:51:29 AM »

IMO, changing injector should not cause a change to trasnient compensation.

You absolutely do need to change transient compensation with different injectors. The amount of fuel contributing to the wall film will be different with different spray patterns and angles.
ABCD

« Reply #227 on: February 16, 2014, 07:51:55 PM »

You absolutely do need to change transient compensation with different injectors. The amount of fuel contributing to the wall film will be different with different spray patterns and angles.

Ohhh, I am sorry Angry.
I thought of only flow rate change which will be taken care by KRKTE.
Changing spray pattern will surely change transient
AudiSportB5S4

« Reply #228 on: March 04, 2014, 12:21:10 PM »

Correct....

BTW, I did what you suggested nyet and played with TVUB and the idle and cruise is considerably better now.  Thanks again!

Need to get my wideband in.

Apologies for bringing back a potentially old question, but here Sascha is saying he uses KRKTE to do WOT tweaks, but a few posts up (#19) Tony is saying that is primarily used for part throttle conditions..

I'm asking because my buddy's tune is running a little lean part throttle, +5, and pretty rich at WOT. So I'm afraid that just pulling back a few percentage on KRKTE is going to really throw part throttle too lean.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #229 on: March 04, 2014, 12:27:40 PM »

KRKTE is used everywhere.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
AudiSportB5S4

« Reply #230 on: March 04, 2014, 01:15:50 PM »

^Yeah, I understand that because it's basically injector on time.. I didn't think that was a good way of moving your WOT fueling which is why I asked since that is so broad.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #231 on: March 04, 2014, 01:28:31 PM »

^Yeah, I understand that because it's basically injector on time.. I didn't think that was a good way of moving your WOT fueling which is why I asked since that is so broad.

Well, the point is that it is used as a starting point for closed loop, but ALWAYS used for open loop.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
AudiSportB5S4

« Reply #232 on: March 04, 2014, 01:39:00 PM »

Gotcha, thanks Nye.
AudiSportB5S4

« Reply #233 on: March 24, 2014, 12:15:22 PM »

I ended up decreasing KRKTE a few percent which brought his AFR @ WOT to where we wanted it.. Now as expected his trims are pretty far off.. ~0, +14, ~0, +14. Thinking of massaging TVUB a bit from here, but want to do more reading.. Looking @ the sheet that was made and published here with the dynamic calc of tvub, seems when you crank out new TVUB numbers you're changing krkte again.
ddillenger

« Reply #234 on: March 24, 2014, 12:20:46 PM »

I feel as though noone pays attention. You do not change KRKTE in order to alter WOT fueling! Put it back to the way it was and tweak either KFKHFM or FKKVS (or KFLF) in order to bring actual AFR inline with requested!

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
julex

« Reply #235 on: March 25, 2014, 07:52:38 AM »

Just an FYI, I've had a problem with my injectors starting with 550s couple of years ago and now with 1000CC where when cold starting the engine, the first minute of mild throttle accelration would show the engine going first very rich and then very lean (sometimes it would start literally bucking). It almost seems like the warm up map is completely off for bosch where at some RPMs it needs to be much less and at some much more but I have no patience to calibrate that map.

Long story short, I noticed that the lambda FR_W output changes are very lazy when engine is cold resulting in large lag to lambda changes and I finally found the maps governing it. Comes out that when engine is cold and "I" value of PID controller for lambda is lowered so that the transitions take place much longer. Once I altered it to normal "1" value, I stopped having the issues.

maps:
FLRM - TMOT (engine temp depedant)
FFRITMS - ITMS (engine start temp dependant)

Good luck finding any info on this in Funktionsrahmen....  Undecided

Change both to "1" and you should stop having these issues.

"M" box definition:

Code:
 <XDFTABLE uniqueid="0x11AB7" flags="0x0">
    <title>FLRM</title>
    <description>Factor for I-dynamics of the lambda controller depending on TMOT (engine temperature).&#013;&#010;&#013;&#010;This controls I quotient of mixture control. Stock is slow to react in cold engine which might lead to enrichment/enleament in incorrectly scaled warm up maps.</description>
    <CATEGORYMEM index="0" category="18" />
    <XDFAXIS id="x" uniqueid="0x0">
      <EMBEDDEDDATA mmedelementsizebits="16" mmedmajorstridebits="-32" mmedminorstridebits="0" />
      <indexcount>1</indexcount>
      <datatype>0</datatype>
      <unittype>0</unittype>
      <DALINK index="0" />
      <LABEL index="0" value="0.00" />
      <MATH equation="X">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
    <XDFAXIS id="y" uniqueid="0x0">
      <EMBEDDEDDATA mmedelementsizebits="16" mmedmajorstridebits="-32" mmedminorstridebits="0" />
      <indexcount>5</indexcount>
      <embedinfo type="3" linkobjid="0x11AB2" />
      <datatype>0</datatype>
      <unittype>0</unittype>
      <DALINK index="0" />
      <MATH equation="X">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
    <XDFAXIS id="z">
      <EMBEDDEDDATA mmedaddress="0x11AB7" mmedelementsizebits="8" mmedrowcount="5" mmedmajorstridebits="0" mmedminorstridebits="0" />
      <decimalpl>2</decimalpl>
      <min>0.000000</min>
      <max>255.000000</max>
      <outputtype>1</outputtype>
      <MATH equation="-0.000000+X*0.015625">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
  </XDFTABLE>
  <XDFTABLE uniqueid="0x11AB2" flags="0x0">
    <title>0x11AB2 - Grad C</title>
    <CATEGORYMEM index="0" category="255" />
      <datatype>0</datatype>
      <unittype>0</unittype>
      <DALINK index="0" />
      <MATH equation="X">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
      <indexcount>5</indexcount>
      <datatype>0</datatype>
      <unittype>0</unittype>
      <DALINK index="0" />
      <LABEL index="1" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="2" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="3" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="4" value="0.00" />
      <MATH equation="X">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
    <XDFAXIS id="z">
      <EMBEDDEDDATA mmedaddress="0x11AB2" mmedelementsizebits="8" mmedrowcount="5" mmedmajorstridebits="0" mmedminorstridebits="0" />
      <decimalpl>2</decimalpl>
      <min>0.000000</min>
      <max>255.000000</max>
      <MATH equation="-48.000000+X*0.750000">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
  </XDFTABLE>
  <XDFTABLE uniqueid="0x1A095" flags="0x0">
    <title>FFRITMS</title>
    <description>Factor for I-dynamics of the lambda controller depending on tmst (engien start temperature).&#013;&#010;&#013;&#010;This controls I quotient of mixture control. Stock is slow to react in cold engine which might lead to enrichment/enleament in incorrectly scaled warm up maps.&#013;&#010;</description>
    <CATEGORYMEM index="0" category="18" />
      <datatype>0</datatype>
      <unittype>0</unittype>
      <DALINK index="0" />
      <MATH equation="X">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
      <indexcount>4</indexcount>
      <embedinfo type="3" linkobjid="0x1A091" />
      <datatype>0</datatype>
      <unittype>0</unittype>
      <DALINK index="0" />
      <MATH equation="X">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
    <XDFAXIS id="z">
      <EMBEDDEDDATA mmedaddress="0x1A095" mmedelementsizebits="8" mmedrowcount="4" mmedmajorstridebits="0" mmedminorstridebits="0" />
      <decimalpl>2</decimalpl>
      <min>0.000000</min>
      <max>255.000000</max>
      <MATH equation="-0.000000+X*0.003906">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
  </XDFTABLE>
  <XDFTABLE uniqueid="0x1A091" flags="0x0">
    <title>0x1A091 - Grad C</title>
    <CATEGORYMEM index="0" category="255" />
      <datatype>0</datatype>
      <unittype>0</unittype>
      <DALINK index="0" />
      <MATH equation="X">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
      <indexcount>4</indexcount>
      <datatype>0</datatype>
      <unittype>0</unittype>
      <DALINK index="0" />
      <LABEL index="1" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="2" value="0.00" />
      <LABEL index="3" value="0.00" />
      <MATH equation="X">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
    <XDFAXIS id="z">
      <EMBEDDEDDATA mmedaddress="0x1A091" mmedelementsizebits="8" mmedrowcount="4" mmedmajorstridebits="0" mmedminorstridebits="0" />
      <decimalpl>2</decimalpl>
      <min>0.000000</min>
      <max>255.000000</max>
      <MATH equation="-48.000000+X*0.750000">
        <VAR id="X" />
      </MATH>
    </XDFAXIS>
  </XDFTABLE>
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 07:55:29 AM by julex » Logged
userpike

« Reply #236 on: March 25, 2014, 09:01:48 AM »

I don't understand why people won't just figure the math to solve for KRKTE then "set it and forget it" ( maybe people are intimidated by the HUGE equation, I dunno) and get on with the tuning. It's a constant value, I think everything that involves KRKTE will be way more "happy" this way.

If you got that down and are absolutely sure you have no vacuum/boost leaks, you can be confident in tuning with the fuel trims.

In reading around it seems like people are adjusting krkte and tvub to try and get fueling right which is actually just compensating for the ori settings of the MAPs mentioned above in ddillengers post (also a few others) which is straight up backwards just about because those maps are set with the ori KRKTE constant! So after the new one is figured and set, all those maps should be set to the middle of the scale and adjusted up or down as necessary through logging.
The problem with this is being able to identify which map needs to be changed for certain compensations. Now, you'll be asking yourself "why should I change FKKVS for this instance instead of KFKHFM, etc." The FR should have those answers.

edit: The FR should give insight enough for you to come up with those answers. Plus there are smart people here that are willing to help most of the time and don't mind having discussions.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:26:15 PM by userpike » Logged
AudiSportB5S4

« Reply #237 on: March 28, 2014, 08:11:54 AM »

I feel as though noone pays attention. You do not change KRKTE in order to alter WOT fueling! Put it back to the way it was and tweak either KFKHFM or FKKVS (or KFLF) in order to bring actual AFR inline with requested!

Thanks for the info.. I do appreciate it.
jibberjive

« Reply #238 on: March 29, 2014, 04:14:58 AM »

I agree, KRKTE doesn't need to constantly be adjusted, but it does need to be set correctly the first time with new injectors (and calculations aren't always right IMO; maybe the injectors don't flow exactly what was quoted; maybe the fuel pressure is a little less/more than your calculation, etc).  I would rather set KRKTE correctly at the beginning than just calculate KRKTE, set it and forget it, and scale the entire KFKHFM map if I find out fueling is off. My opinion.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 06:31:50 AM by jibberjive » Logged
cactusgreens4

« Reply #239 on: April 20, 2014, 07:08:56 PM »

I have a question regarding fuel trims on my car and I feel this would be a great place for it since I am running ev14 52lb injectors, if not I will post a new thread. Anyway, I recently changed my setup slightly and the change was that I went from an rs4 fuel pump to a stock s4 fuel pump and now am having a system too lean issue. I was wondering if the reduced flow of this pump had caused my injectors, even though still using the stock fuel pressure regulator, to flow less fuel than I had KRKTE set for and thus the reason its now running lean. Is that possible? Because the rs4 pump FLOWS more at the same rail pressure (FPR) is the only reason I can think this would happen.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21
  Print  

Jump to: