Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Author Topic: Recommended USB VAG KKL Cables  (Read 394263 times)
yivek

« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2013, 06:27:05 PM »

Anyone find a good ebay supplier for the correct cable? I have tried 4 cables so far and keep striking out.

At this point I should have bought a Galletto cable since I was trying to save money. Can anyone confirm that the Galletto cable that is being sold today will work?

These I have tried so far:
New OBDII KKL 409.1 USB OBD2 Diagnostic VAG-COM Cable For VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda
VAG-COM KKL 409.1 OBD2 USB Cable Scanner Scan Auto Tool Audi VW SEAT Volkswagen
New Opel Immo Airbag Reader Airbag Scanner Vag Tacho 3.01
An Ebay VAG-COM cable my buddy gave me

The New Opel Immo Airbag Reader Airbag Scanner Vag Tacho 3.01 was the closest with FT245RL which would not work.

The other two I bought were done because one shipper was wasting tons of time so I bought a second one. Neither have a FTDI chip in them.
ddillenger

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2013, 01:40:32 AM »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-KKL-ECU-DIAGNOSTIC-CABLE-409-1-OBD2-II-LEAD-FOR-VW-AUDI-SEAT-SKODA-232BL-M-/370623736169?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item564ae56969

That cable works great, but the 232/245bm chip doesn't have a serial number, and as such won't allow licensing of premium features.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
cyril279

« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2013, 05:28:22 AM »

yivek,

I recently bought a "vag 409.1 kkl" cable, and found out it had a ch034 in it? and promptly returned it.

searching "KKL OBD" or "KKL VAG" returns lots of cables, but it's a gamble as to which has the ft232r* chip inside.

Try one of these if US, or one of these if UK
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 08:27:59 AM by cyril279 » Logged
yivek

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2013, 12:08:39 PM »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-KKL-ECU-DIAGNOSTIC-CABLE-409-1-OBD2-II-LEAD-FOR-VW-AUDI-SEAT-SKODA-232BL-M-/370623736169?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item564ae56969

That cable works great, but the 232/245bm chip doesn't have a serial number, and as such won't allow licensing of premium features.

Ok Thank you! I am not sure if I will do the premium features yet since I am just getting into this.

yivek,

I recently bought one of these, and found out it had a ch034 in it? and promptly returned it.

searching "KKL OBD" or "KKL VAG" returns lots of cables, but it's a gamble as to which has the ft232r* chip inside.

Try one of these if US, or one of these if UK

Thank you again! Awesome to see some truly useful replies, since I am used to seeing forums send the "Go search" response.

From what I am seeing the galletto cable seems to be the same as these cheap ones just with a price tag of 5x as much.

I will check with some of those US supplies and see what I can do.

Thank you all again!
cyril279

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2013, 12:27:30 PM »

yivek, don't worry about purchasing a specific galletto cable.

The reason that the FT232 chip is the preferred chip is that it can be reprogrammed (if needed) to work with >>several programs<< provided right here on this forum.

happy flashing
-Cyril
yivek

« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2013, 01:19:51 PM »

Awesome to know!

I have been reading the site over a few months and never realized that nor ran into the link you posted.

Thank you again, I will try one of the ebay suppliers and report back. Maybe I can help a new person avoid buying the wrong cables like I did (at least they are cheap).

Now if I can only figure out what to do with these old cables I don't need.  Smiley
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2013, 01:44:11 PM »

yivek, don't worry about purchasing a specific galletto cable.

The reason that the FT232 chip is the preferred chip is that it can be reprogrammed (if needed) to work with >>several programs<< provided right here on this forum.

happy flashing
-Cyril

cyril, great post. stickied.

Thank you!

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
yivek

« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2013, 08:04:59 AM »

Well,

Looks like I struck out again, http://www.ebay.com/itm/360557922005?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

This one did not have a FT232RL chip in it. I tired all the drivers and it still would not work. 

So I do have this one coming in, http://www.ebay.com/itm/271132177003?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

But that is from China so that could be next month I get it.

Thank you guys for all your help.
cyril279

« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2013, 08:49:26 AM »

Well,

Looks like I struck out again, http://www.ebay.com/itm/360557922005?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

This one did not have a FT232RL chip in it. I tired all the drivers and it still would not work.

my apologies yivek, I too just learned that those cables are being sent with ft232/245bm chips, and I've complained, but I think the language barrier may be too big to get it right. They're sending me another cable free of charge, but I'm afraid it'll be the same.  One of the original preferred ebay sellers still seems active, I'll probably give them a shot next.

edit: the second cable (sent free of charge), was indeed another ft232/245bm, and they don't understand my complaint, so both have been returned. thumbs down for "hi-autopia"

« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 10:47:55 AM by cyril279 » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2013, 08:52:50 AM »

Those all blue cables work fine for standard features, but as you can't change or even insert a serial premium features and galletto won't work.

BTW-I've seen dozens of them, all of the all blue cables have had the BM chipset.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
yivek

« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2013, 08:56:18 AM »

my apologies yivek, I too just learned that those cables are being sent with ft232/245bm chips, and I've complained, but I think the language barrier may be too big to get it right. They're sending me another cable free of charge, but I'm afraid it'll be the same.  one of the original preferred ebay sellers still seems active, I'll probably give them a shot next.

No worries man, the GF thinks I am nuts with all the wires and cables all over my desk lol. I wrote the seller telling him that it did not work and to update his description. I couldn't even see any writing on the chip this time and I couldn't write to it either. I think it came up as a USB to Serial port on device manager...  Undecided

Either way I just want one cable to work by this time. My standard procedure seems to be order two at a time, check, set aside and order again lol. I appreciate all the help and I will update when I get the next cable in.
yivek

« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2013, 08:58:44 AM »

Those all blue cables work fine for standard features, but as you can't change or even insert a serial premium features and galletto won't work.

BTW-I've seen dozens of them, all of the all blue cables have had the BM chipset.

Well I have had 3 blue ones and I can't get any software (NefMoto) to recognize them.

Galletto won't work? I thought that was the sure fire cable that would work?
ddillenger

« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2013, 09:10:13 AM »

I said the blue cable won't work with the galletto software. The galletto cable should work fine. What OS are you running (on your computer)?

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
yivek

« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2013, 09:20:25 AM »

I said the blue cable won't work with the galletto software. The galletto cable should work fine. What OS are you running (on your computer)?

Oh sorry, I miss read that. I am running my old college PC, so Windows XP SP3 I believe.
ddillenger

« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2013, 09:22:47 AM »

You have another issue. Does nefmoto detect the cable? Sounds like the drivers you're using are bad. Have you tried manually installing them, not letting windows do it?

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: