Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: CAN-bus configuration and eliminating CAN related errors  (Read 31426 times)
scalp06

« on: February 17, 2013, 12:22:56 AM »

Hi, I search all info for help in this project.

First thing, conversion for run with manual gearbox instead stock gearbox. (Gearbox for rear transmission)

Is a 100% compatible gearbox available, or does i build an adapter between motor-Gearbox?

Can I mod the file for run in good condition, and without limp mode without original Gearbox?
Can I mod the file for run without can bus data (abs-esp...)?

If any has experience in this kind of swap, thank to help me. (best for free but I can pay for solution)

Good bye!

« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 03:49:36 AM by ddillenger » Logged
matchew

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 01:47:23 AM »

Yes.
prj

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 02:33:16 AM »

You will need an adapter plate.
You can buy a ready plate for 01E, although if you want to run RWD you will need to weld the torsen.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 04:14:18 AM »

yes

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
MadCow

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 01:18:13 PM »

With my ME7.5 I got 3 codes with it in a non-canbus car: P1649, P1650, and P1523. Not having read the FR I assume all you need to do is zero out the appropriate DTC classes, which is what I did.
prj

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 03:52:49 PM »

With my ME7.5 I got 3 codes with it in a non-canbus car: P1649, P1650, and P1523. Not having read the FR I assume all you need to do is zero out the appropriate DTC classes, which is what I did.

If you zero any DTC classes, you are doing it wrong... But there is a ton more than just CAN issues on this ECU.
It's not simple at all to get it running *properly*, that actually involves tons of fine tuning with an emulator.

Log your car properly.
MadCow

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 04:55:26 PM »

How would the communication issues prevent it from running properly? Or better phrased, what does the ECU need from the ABS module and cluster?
prj

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 02:51:32 AM »

How would the communication issues prevent it from running properly? Or better phrased, what does the ECU need from the ABS module and cluster?

Because the ECU is for an auto gearbox. Have fun unplugging the TCU and removing the DTC then... and then wondering why it runs like a bag of crap.
Regardless, you never need to zero any DTC classes. All the faults can be removed without touching a DTC class.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 02:53:39 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
masterj

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 05:55:04 AM »

Zeroed dtc classes only dont allow to be written to memory. All the conditional variables are left untouched. To do it properly youd have to dive into fuctions that responsible for setting these errors

MadCow

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 02:57:09 PM »

Because the ECU is for an auto gearbox. Have fun unplugging the TCU and removing the DTC then... and then wondering why it runs like a bag of crap.
Regardless, you never need to zero any DTC classes. All the faults can be removed without touching a DTC class.

Oh I misunderstood you, I was talking about only the DTCs from swapping the ECU into a non-canbus car. The 3 I got were crash signal too low and no communication with the cluster and ABS. I imagine the crash signal would be easy to emulate with a resistor but how would you prevent the other 2 from being set without swapping in the appropriate canbus modules?
prj

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 03:33:23 AM »

Oh I misunderstood you, I was talking about only the DTCs from swapping the ECU into a non-canbus car. The 3 I got were crash signal too low and no communication with the cluster and ABS. I imagine the crash signal would be easy to emulate with a resistor but how would you prevent the other 2 from being set without swapping in the appropriate canbus modules?

Look at the CAN module in the FR. There is no need to emulate anything...

Log your car properly.
ddillenger

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 09:26:40 AM »

Look at the CAN module in the FR. There is no need to emulate anything...

You hinted @ this in a discussion about Clacins. I was hoping you could elaborate. I don't speak German, but I have a friend that does. If I could give him a specific reference I'll happily research this.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
prj

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 09:41:30 AM »

It's literally staring in your face. Open the thing and look at it at least once, it's not rocket science.
Sorry I am not in the mood for spoon feeding today :p

Log your car properly.
MadCow

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2013, 10:12:05 AM »

CW_CAN_R seems to be the ticket here, I really didn't expect it to be that obvious. Tongue CW_CAN_C also seems like it might be important, but my google translate skills came up with nothing on what it actually does.
prj

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013, 10:29:57 AM »

CW_CAN_S.

Send and Receive.

Yes, it's /that/ obvious, which is why any time people ask for clarification on this thing, it is pretty obvious to me they haven't bothered looking.

Log your car properly.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: