Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: .MSTRO to .BIN is it possible?  (Read 27077 times)
DMVDUB

« on: May 28, 2013, 06:37:01 PM »

I want to pull my file from Maestro and run the file I've made but use a different Antilag / Launch control code along with some other things like IMMO defeat some extra ECU's I have for other projects. Is there a way to convert the .mstro file to a workable .bin that can be used with Nefmoto or has Eurodyne locked that possibility out?

I'm happy with the file I've made but Maestro leaves a lot to be desired. The Antilag doesn't work as well as a buddy of mines code.

ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 06:52:16 PM »

Yes and no.

Yes, you can flash the maestro file and retrieve it from the ecu. Problem is, the ACTUAL file ID is incorrect, so finding the original will be a test of your patience. That, and the checksums are funky (ME7Check displays an RSA signature error, winOLS won't detect ANY checksums without importing over an original), so actually modifying it will be tough. The good news is that the changes maestro makes are transparent, as in the maps aren't encrypted or moved around. You could, in theory, copy the changes made by maestro into a stock file so as to be able to correct the sums and reflash.

But I digress. No, you can't turn the file pre-flash into something usable AFAIK.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
DMVDUB

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 07:29:24 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm not too savvy with tuning from scratch and I'm trying to learn basics from Maestro before I move to a "big boy toy" I have examined files extensively and read a good amount. I'm having trouble finding an .xdf that'll work for tuner pro though or a definitions file for winols (though I can't use win ols fully since it's a demo, cut n paste though)...I probably wouldn't have bought Maestro if I could find the def's, though it does have a nice logger when it works. 

Back to the subject at hand, from what you've told me I can though look at the file I've made and use the changes from Maestro on the non-maestro ecu by swapping the changed values.

Let me do a quick summary to see if I have this right,
1. read out my file from my ecu
2. load stock file for my ecu into winols or tuner pro (only have winols demo)
3. cut the changed value areas from the dumped file to the virgin file
4. add the Launch control code, shift light, etc. that I want to the now tweaked virgin file
5. run it though chksum checker
6. see if it works  Cheesy

I just really hate some of the things Maestro doesn't offer and I'd love to add code for a better launch control, possible shift light, and tune switching from the CC stalk would be nice but that's a stretch at the moment.

This is a HUGE LONGSHOt and a very summarized IDEA and completely hypothetical, IF I ever learn to do anything productive with a real tuning program there's a few things I'd like to try since the 1.8T ecu has a few unused solenoids / connections (depending on your setup) that can be turned on/off by the ecu at a mapped interval. I'd love to know if it would be possible to use one of the connections (for example) using the cam timing for something other than changing the cam timing; something like using it to control methanol or nitrous (for spooling a BAT) injection from the ecu and disable VVT (just an example, it seems there's got to be a way to use the deleted parts for something that they weren't intended if someone were smart enough to figure that out). A little off topic I know, I just have a feeling there's a lot of potential in this ecu that isn't being harnessed or could be harnessed differently.
Gonzo

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 09:01:54 PM »

ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 10:15:40 PM »

Honestly, given the amount of work you'll have to put in, your best bet is to pay someone for exactly what you want and edit that when you feel confident. Reading your maestro file, finding the actual original it's based on without an accurate software number, and then porting it over is all more hassle than it's worth. Sell your maestro, get your car custom tuned.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
RaraK

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 05:36:36 AM »

Honestly, given the amount of work you'll have to put in, your best bet is to pay someone for exactly what you want and edit that when you feel confident. Reading your maestro file, finding the actual original it's based on without an accurate software number, and then porting it over is all more hassle than it's worth. Sell your maestro, get your car custom tuned.

i am kinda confused why a global mod is even involved in this question? seems like the OP is just trying to hijack his maestro tune, which is obviously in a encrypted format for a reason! 

Sell your maestro/ecu as said, and start with a known original file and definition from this site.
18T_BT

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 05:58:14 AM »

So, is this how Gonzo tunes peoples cars?   Roll Eyes
enforcer

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 06:48:16 AM »

if i remember clearly GONZO & DMVDUB are best friends and work together

it smells like there working on a new way to cheat and break copyright

cheers mates
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 06:50:05 AM by enforcer » Logged
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 08:38:54 AM »

if i remember clearly GONZO & DMVDUB are best friends and work together

Seems like that is true (taken from the Gonzo website):

Independent Mobile Dealers
USA
DMVDUB-Shop
Mobile dealer (covering a 75 mile radius)
Warrenton, VA
540-316-0156
dmvdub@gonzotuning.com

Strange that someone would be attempting to copy/convert a Mestro tune when they're a "tuner" themselves.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
18T_BT

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 08:58:42 AM »

Strange that someone would be attempting to copy/convert a Mestro tune when they're a "tuner" themselves.

Well, that's how he became a tuner, he already figured out how to get Unitronic files, modified them slightly and called them his own.  Just check his code.  It's embarrassing really. 

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5967078-gonzo-tuning.-exp-please!&p=80900071&viewfull=1#post80900071
ddillenger

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 09:24:32 AM »

This certainly blew up.

Rarak:

I don't condone copying or stealing the work of others, but I am a firm believer in having the freedom to modify something I've purchased. It seems as though the OP has maestro, and has found it lacking in terms of function. I didn't tell him how to get the file from his ecu, and it certainly won't be achieved with nefmoto, so I don't see the harm in a little conversation. The fact that he had to ask the question means he's probably not capable of it. You'll also note that I've advised against even attempting it. In addition, if you take a look through some of my posts you'll see I generally advise against modifying the work of others.

As for the connection to Gonzo, I highly doubt he'd need to ask a question like this. If he wanted a Maestro file, I'm sure he knows how to get one.

All that being said, I had a chance to fool around with Maestro lately and was rather impressed. To be honest I was a bit skeptical, but the functionality is impressive.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
julex

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 11:23:13 AM »

I hijacked my maestro tune about 2 years ago if not longer but never disclosed the technique which can be applied to any tune and is fairly simple. Gets you full binary file albeit you still have to know which tune it is as maestro uses fake software IDs.

DMVDUB

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 11:53:30 AM »

My question has nothing to do with Gonzo and I still stand by his tunes. I just wanted to know if it's possible. As stated I own the Maestro software, and I'm not using it on anyones car but my own. I have my file down that runs the car, I just want a better launch solution without switching from one ecu to another and if making it a .bin file to use a different launch code I don't see what the problem is. If Tapp had made it so you could switch between tunes or adjust launch rpms (or even have a launch control not antilag) without hooking up the pc every time that'd be nice but it doesn't. Why that's such a big deal I don't know...

The rest is essentially a rant of what I wish was possible.

DMVDUB

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 11:57:27 AM »

Seems like that is true (taken from the Gonzo website):

Independent Mobile Dealers
USA
DMVDUB-Shop
Mobile dealer (covering a 75 mile radius)
Warrenton, VA
540-316-0156
dmvdub@gonzotuning.com

I'm not a tuner, I'm trying to learn how to tune my own car. Figured Maestro would be a good starting point to get the basics down. Selling Gonzo tunes makes what difference?
enforcer

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 12:15:27 PM »

Well, that's how he became a tuner, he already figured out how to get Unitronic files, modified them slightly and called them his own.  Just check his code.  It's embarrassing really. 

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5967078-gonzo-tuning.-exp-please!&p=80900071&viewfull=1#post80900071

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: