Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: .MSTRO to .BIN is it possible?  (Read 27078 times)
RaraK

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2013, 01:27:09 PM »

WE had this discussion numerous times and I still think that nobody can have any rights, moral or legal, to any "tune" since the original software IP rights belong to Bosch. So anybody modifying (tuner) it for profit or entertainment (end user) operates in that grey area of Bosch's "don't care" zone.  End of story.

Chris sells a product, cable and software for flashing yourself, much like the subaru guys, yes he charges for his NON opensource software, NON opensource hardware(or cheap) and for checksumming/modifications that most have a hard time doing.  The package is good enough to tune a car well, i have done it personally and like the package a lot.  Your paying for the software development, hardware, checksum abilities that very few understand on this board.

Matt-  There are plenty of files and definitions on this site that can get you started, tell us what ecu code you have, and then you can be informed of what you need or even some links.  06A906032LP/PL Damos on this site will take care of any wideband car go to think of it...... Wink

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=866.0
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 01:29:02 PM by RaraK » Logged
DMVDUB

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2013, 01:32:26 PM »

Chris sells a product, cable and software for flashing yourself, much like the subaru guys, yes he charges for his NON opensource software, NON opensource hardware(or cheap) and for checksumming/modifications that most have a hard time doing.  The package is good enough to tune a car well, i have done it personally and like the package a lot.  Your paying for the software development, hardware, checksum abilities that very few understand on this board.

Matt-  There are plenty of files and definitions on this site that can get you started, tell us what ecu code you have, and then you can be informed of what you need or even some links.  06A906032LP/PL Damos on this site will take care of any wideband car go to think of it...... Wink

Thank you!

I am enjoying the Maestro Software but I'd like to move on to something else at some point and I think Maestro is a good starting point to understand how the maps effect one another.

Yeah, all I need is Damos like you've mentioned. I had a working one a while ago but don't anymore, the one I have is a TT definition and some others but the last thing I want to do is use things that don't correspond.
phila_dot

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2013, 02:21:56 PM »

WE had this discussion numerous times and I still think that nobody can have any rights, moral or legal, to any "tune" since the original software IP rights belong to Bosch. So anybody modifying (tuner) it for profit or entertainment (end user) operates in that grey area of Bosch's "don't care" zone.  End of story.

I don't know patent law and really don't care.

To me, it's an issue of ethics and I fail to see how the opinion of a few become a fact.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2013, 02:49:25 PM »

To me, it's an issue of ethics and I fail to see how the opinion of a few become a fact.

I agree, and i have zero ethical problem with any level of reverse engineering.

That said, from a *practical* standpoint, I still think its best to start with a bone stock file and do *all* the changes yourself, and understand *all* of them.

Anything less is asking for problems.

And, even better, it keeps you far away from the grayer ethical issues.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
phila_dot

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2013, 02:52:51 PM »

Reverse engineering and copying are different things.

In RE, the goal is to figure out how something works, not to just copy/steal/recycle.
ddillenger

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2013, 03:00:11 PM »

The OP has asked that this thread be deleted. Anyone see a reason not to oblige, speak now.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2013, 03:03:50 PM »

In the immortal words of cpl. hicks...

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Axis

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2013, 03:04:22 PM »

lock thread is more appropriate IMHO
DMVDUB

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2013, 03:20:49 PM »

The OP has asked that this thread be deleted. Anyone see a reason not to oblige, speak now.

I don't much care what happens now to this thread. There was a lot of trolling, but eventually a user gave me the info / link I needed to move along.

Maybe I asked wrong to begin with, and some feel it's unethical, but if I own Maestro and I have no intention of selling or distributing files I don't see why using a tables I've already put together (using Maestro) would be a bad thing... Especially if Maestro doesn't offer a feature I'd like to have???

Ethics questoin: If I were selling or distributing the file I could see where that could be unethical, but by the time it's custom tuned to my car for E85 (which isn't offered by Eurodyne) isn't it more my work than Eurodynes (especially since it'll never see anyone else's ecu)?
phila_dot

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2013, 03:59:03 PM »

FWIW, I wasn't questioning anyone's ethics in particular. Merely responding to the comment that I quoted.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: