Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: How to bench flash your B5 S4 ECU  (Read 203164 times)
ddillenger

« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2013, 10:52:01 AM »

I use mine for safety. The ecu requires very little amperage, why bother with more?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2013, 10:53:23 AM »

I use mine for safety. The ecu requires very little amperage, why bother with more?

I agree, but my point is if a larger PS is blowing things up, you are doing it wrong.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ratherb1

« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2013, 01:49:31 PM »

just a little follow up when i switched my cable to galletto it made it turned to com 6 which is doesnt work with vcds and thats what i tried .......i just changed it to com 2 so hopefully that works .... not really sure why me7 logger didnt connect though ....

-ROMIE
ddillenger

« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2013, 02:36:53 PM »

The Galletto bundled cable doesn't work with VCDS.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
ratherb1

« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2013, 09:05:34 AM »

Guys on a 2001 a6 with immo do I have to power pin 21 ? 

-ROMIE
ddillenger

« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2013, 09:27:04 AM »

Guys on a 2001 a6 with immo do I have to power pin 21 ? 

Yes. Just to be safe, always power pin21. It'll allow you to use your bench flashing cable with all ME7 VAG ecus.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
ratherb1

« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2013, 09:43:45 AM »

Thanks daz as always  Smiley

Applaud

-ROMIE
Letstrythis

« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2014, 03:49:51 PM »

I flash cars for a few tuners, I'm looking for the ability to bench flash ME7 ECU's.

I purchased the Raceline Bench Flash tool a while ago before they disappeared. lol (similar to what's pictured below)

I can successfully connect to the ECU with VCDS, but have never been able to flash an ECU with this thing.

So, I have a few questions, Please forgive me if this is common stuff, but I've read so much on here over the past year or so and figured it was time for some clarity.

1. To bench flash a ME7 ECU does it always have to be put in boot mode? Or is this only for bricked ECUs? (I understand the tool I have not have the provisions for this but I have no troubles modifying it for what's needed)
2. Does anyone know, if I'll actually be able to flash ECU's with my chip providers tools? Basically some of my customers live hours and hours away and it would be much easier for me to bench flash the ECU apposed to them driving to see me.

Those are two pretty simple questions I'll start with before I dig any further.

Thanks for the help.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2014, 07:52:12 PM »

1. To bench flash a ME7 ECU does it always have to be put in boot mode? Or is this only for bricked ECUs? (I understand the tool I have not have the provisions for this but I have no troubles modifying it for what's needed)

Bootmode isn't needed unless the ECU is bricked.

2. Does anyone know, if I'll actually be able to flash ECU's with my chip providers tools? Basically some of my customers live hours and hours away and it would be much easier for me to bench flash the ECU apposed to them driving to see me.

No way of knowing w/o details of those tools.

Who is your "chip provider"?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Letstrythis

« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2014, 08:39:30 PM »

Thanks for the reply. 

I flash for APR, Eurodyne, Malone and United.
ddillenger

« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2014, 09:01:05 PM »

Thanks for the reply. 

I flash for APR, Eurodyne, Malone and United.

If the ecu has an immobilizer it must be authenticated prior to being flashed with most tools. Keep that in mind. Bootmode is less drama, I do it 9/10.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Letstrythis

« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2014, 09:14:14 PM »

If the ecu has an immobilizer it must be authenticated prior to being flashed with most tools. Keep that in mind. Bootmode is less drama, I do it 9/10.

Does this mean in my case it would be best to boot mode every ECU? As pretty much all would have Immob active.
Does this mean I will need to use Galletto at some point due to the boot mode process, or should my flashing tools recognize the ECU and flash per normal?

ddillenger

« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2014, 09:30:17 PM »

Depends on your tools. I don't know what you are flashing with.

As APR, UM, and pretty much everyone else consider this a dark art, there is little information about their protocols. As such, anything I say is purely speculation.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2014, 10:36:26 PM »

Don't bother trying anything with proprietary images. Do your own tuning

They go out of their way to prevent you from doing what you are trying to do... why are you trying to work around it?

« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 10:38:32 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Letstrythis

« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2014, 08:59:51 PM »

Don't bother trying anything with proprietary images. Do your own tuning

They go out of their way to prevent you from doing what you are trying to do... why are you trying to work around it?

I'm definitely not trying to "work around it". I'm only trying to make it easier for our customers. I'm in a small market and we're the only tuner within a 15 hour drive (much further for some), so it's easier for folks to send me an ECU for me to flash on the bench. I can flash older ECU's with an eprom burner, and I can do anything from 2010+ on the bench, however everything from 2000-2009 I can't do. Which sucks considering I know that's all that's pretty much being flashed on here. lol

It appears this many not be as cut and dry as I had hoped.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: