Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: Easily scale your MAF for larger housings! (now with 50 percent more hitachi!)  (Read 74729 times)
ericpaulyoung

Specifically. The voltage or frequency at which a given mass flux is measured is less for a larger MAF such that the max voltage or frequency would represent a higher mass flux value.
vwaudiguy

But the airflow hasn't increased?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
ericpaulyoung

Yes it has. I maxed out the smaller MAF. So I installed a bigger one so that the sensor is no longer out of range. But they both max out at exactly the same mass air flow value enemy as I continue to accelerate as the rpm's increase. Then the fueling goes lean because the mass air flow is increasing but the MAF is not measuring it. So the car adds too little fuel.
maZer.GTi

Sensor value absolute maximums are 364.08 on VAGCOM and 499 on ECUx.
ericpaulyoung

That is interesting. So it is just the logging tool which is maxing out. Funny thing is I was using my Maestro cable for my "vag com logging" and it maxed at 363.76. I thought it was the same as a vag com cable when if came to logs. But as you indicate, as soon as I switched to my actual Vag Com cable, the max value I top out as is now 364.08. Wtf? I guess Maestro cannot be used as a log cable without caveats.
ericpaulyoung

Can I change these maximums ? Huh
nyet
Administrator

Can I change these maximums ? Huh

You'll have to run the MAF underscaled.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ericpaulyoung

Since the maximum is only in the logger, is the ECU seeing real values? If so, what is the limit in the ECU?
maZer.GTi

Since the maximum is only in the logger, is the ECU seeing real values? If so, what is the limit in the ECU?

Yes the Maximum is only for logging and diagnostic.
nyet
Administrator

iirc around 900 g/sec, which should be loggable by ME7L

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

iirc around 900 g/sec, which should be loggable by ME7L

Nye:

Stop thinking locally. This is a GLOBAL initiative!

Not everyone is tuning ME7 bruh!

haha

So who's hit the hard MAF limit? I want 900g/s!

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
ericpaulyoung

So is the ECU seeing the correct info? Or is there a cap in the ECU also?

EPY
yosh

Data acquisition package like INCA would log well beyond the range of VCDS and such tools. But cost puts it beyond the reach of most people Sad
59eurobug

I'm using this tool to learn how to scale my maf when I decide to upgrade my turbos/or go STK. I keep getting 2 errors with the file. I've done it both ways with and without the offset. What am I doing wrong? File is the community stage 2 file which I renamed ONLY for maf scaling purposes(I'm too lazy to type the whole thing in cmd)

TijnCU

flying brick

Did you correct the checksums after the mod?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: