Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
Author Topic: MED9 HPFP & LPFP Control  (Read 216100 times)
OneKidneyBandit

« Reply #255 on: June 10, 2024, 03:21:52 AM »

Seat Leon BWJ MED9.1
Can anyone tell me why when you take your foot off the accelerator pedal, the high fuel pressure increases to 200 bar?

You need to take a look on VSTMSV, AMSV and HDR functions like HDPRSOL. Good Luck Smiley

Also there's some additional info from user littco on post #77 in this topic, page 6. May help.

Also some tips here - https://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=10172.0
« Last Edit: June 10, 2024, 07:26:15 AM by OneKidneyBandit » Logged
rzxf

« Reply #256 on: July 15, 2024, 07:02:01 AM »

Seat Leon BWJ MED9.1
Can anyone tell me why when you take your foot off the accelerator pedal, the high fuel pressure increases to 200 bar?

Drill your HPFP to 4-5mm
If your hpfp is banjo conection, drill the IN gas tube

See this post:

https://www.golfmkv.com/forums/index.php?threads/drilling-the-hpfp-bamboo-fitting-to-5mm.382982/
caban

« Reply #257 on: July 27, 2024, 01:40:20 PM »

is this same ''go read, don't let motronic beat you'' or mechanical failure? non-cdl, vis upgrade, open fuel feed. with brain in the end, thank You
« Last Edit: July 27, 2024, 05:13:53 PM by caban » Logged
BlackCupra

« Reply #258 on: July 29, 2024, 12:59:59 AM »

Hi,
I have a very odd problem with the autotech upgrade kit:

Although all paramters in mapping are changed according to the data found here in the forums (and some more) the railpressure keeps spiking up to 170-180bar in rmp range above ~5800_min under WOT and part throttle.

Since a few weeks I've done nothing else than logging (With vehical logger) and testing different mapping changes, but no luck so far.

I logged a lot of HPFP PID parameters, and from the point where the railpressure exceeds the requested pressure, the delta angle of the MSV (Quantity regulator valve) drops to 0 and the "I" part of the PID controller freezes. So basically, with 0 duty cycle the for the MSV, the bypass inside the pump should be fully open to "bleed" the excessive fuel into the low pressure side.

So far, I would say this is a "correct" behavior, as the ECU tries to lower the exceeding railpressure, but for some reason the hardware does not respond accordingly.

Fo testing purposes, and to go sure the pump itself is not at fault, I bought a genuine new Hitachi HPFP, and installed it "as is" in stock form.

Immediately the railpressure is regulated correctly. Then I installed the autotech kit in the new pump, and the problems are back immediately.

A new RS4 pressure limiting valve is also part of the setup plus a upgrade intank fuel pump.

For some reason I cant wrap my head around how it is even possible to have (at max) 180bar railpressure with a 130bar pressure limiting valve except for one thing:

What if the 1.5mm restriction in the "T" piece which redirects the overflow from the PLV to the low pressure fuel supply is causing this issue?

But then, there would be heaps of others having this same problem as soon as the autotech kit is installed...?

Maybe someone has a bright idea for a solution, or even first hand experience with this situation?

BR
Alex
adrianmk2

« Reply #259 on: July 29, 2024, 07:53:09 AM »

Vis motorsport says that is normal. the fuel relief valve cracks open after 140 bar for RS4. So im thinking you either need to request higher fuel pressure sooner so it cracks sooner and bleeds off sooner. so the spike isnt as bad to tune. I don't really know of any other options.  

I also am now running 155 bar fuel relief valve with a big turbo thats plenty of fuel for my application. I could probably take the RS4 injectors off the car and use stock S3/R injectors and still be okay. im in the process of rebuilding a engine and waiting on a few last pieces to put it back together.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2024, 07:57:58 AM by adrianmk2 » Logged
BlackCupra

« Reply #260 on: July 30, 2024, 04:46:31 AM »

Hi Adrian,

I have now heard several times, that this is kind of normal, and most common "fix" is, just to eliminate the error code detection for exceeding railpressure.

I find this to be a lumpy solution, so its not an option for me at all.

The same effect is occuring also at part throttle, starting at an rpm range of about 5500-5800rpm. In fact, in part throttle the effect is even worse, as less fuel is requested and used by the injectors.

For me there are 2 possible sources for the issue:

1. The above mentioned 1.5mm restricor in the "T" or "Y" piece from the pressure relief valve to the low pressure pump inlet - assuming it is there....it is mentioned in the self study programs, but there seem to be more versions of this fuel line. Some WITH restrictor, some WITHOUT.
The restrictor in the barb fitting from the pump feed is already drilled out to 5mm in my case...

2. The Quantity Control valve on top of the pump is not fast enough to accuratly operate the bypass in higher rpm ranges with the added fuel quantity from the autotech pump, resulting in very short delta-angles...

You can see this in the logsdata, even when the requested deltaangle is 0, due to the delay parameter data in the ECU mapping the REAL deltaangle is still somewhere around 50 degrees....
So my second guess is, that the inertia of the coil/magnetic system is to high to meet the requested railpressure.

(Working on a solution....)

BR
Alex
rzxf

« Reply #261 on: August 19, 2024, 09:45:19 AM »

Hi,
I have a very odd problem with the autotech upgrade kit:

Although all paramters in mapping are changed according to the data found here in the forums (and some more) the railpressure keeps spiking up to 170-180bar in rmp range above ~5800_min under WOT and part throttle.

Since a few weeks I've done nothing else than logging (With vehical logger) and testing different mapping changes, but no luck so far.

I logged a lot of HPFP PID parameters, and from the point where the railpressure exceeds the requested pressure, the delta angle of the MSV (Quantity regulator valve) drops to 0 and the "I" part of the PID controller freezes. So basically, with 0 duty cycle the for the MSV, the bypass inside the pump should be fully open to "bleed" the excessive fuel into the low pressure side.

So far, I would say this is a "correct" behavior, as the ECU tries to lower the exceeding railpressure, but for some reason the hardware does not respond accordingly.

Fo testing purposes, and to go sure the pump itself is not at fault, I bought a genuine new Hitachi HPFP, and installed it "as is" in stock form.

Immediately the railpressure is regulated correctly. Then I installed the autotech kit in the new pump, and the problems are back immediately.

A new RS4 pressure limiting valve is also part of the setup plus a upgrade intank fuel pump.

For some reason I cant wrap my head around how it is even possible to have (at max) 180bar railpressure with a 130bar pressure limiting valve except for one thing:

What if the 1.5mm restriction in the "T" piece which redirects the overflow from the PLV to the low pressure fuel supply is causing this issue?

But then, there would be heaps of others having this same problem as soon as the autotech kit is installed...?

Maybe someone has a bright idea for a solution, or even first hand experience with this situation?

BR
Alex

Alex

You have any picture of this 1.5mm restriciton in T piece?

To I can understand waht piece is this, and can hel you in a solution

Wink
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
  Print  

Jump to: