Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26
Author Topic: MED 9.1 basics  (Read 295450 times)
Nottingham

« Reply #210 on: July 24, 2015, 02:28:23 AM »

Spent five hours in IDA trying to find TLAFA for my software Roll Eyes
Most definition files don´t have it defined and the Damos files which have it are otherwise completely different in that region, making it impossible to find it through pattern comparison.
The assembly code didn´t produce any matches either.

The only definition file for a SW with matching layout (from majorahole) had TLAFA defined, however according to IDA it´s wrong too.
The TLAFA defined in his file was part of a 16-bit value according to IDA.

Anyone want to lend a hand?

Stock SW as attachment.
According to majorahole definition, TLAFA in that file would be at 1D470Ch address.
However it appears to be part of 16-bit value, according to IDA.

overspeed

« Reply #211 on: July 24, 2015, 04:39:43 AM »

Too much timing or too little timing BOTH cause high EGTs.... However, the ECU will already never add too much timing; it will only pull timing (for KR, torque intervention, etc), but why would it try to RE-ADVANCE timing to prevent high EGTs if it is already running at the knock or torque limit?

That was a misunderstanding, my native language is portuguese, for us translation of advance is the same of timing, sometimes i forget and just change things.

My point (doubt) was: EGT changes with TIMING (not the term advance, my bad) the calculated EGT beeing different when ECU is running without any knock or with severe knock (torque intervation togheter) would trigger some corretion ?  you answer NO, and makes sense.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #212 on: July 24, 2015, 08:50:04 AM »

My point (doubt) was: EGT changes with TIMING (not the term advance, my bad) the calculated EGT beeing different when ECU is running without any knock or with severe knock (torque intervation togheter) would trigger some corretion ?  you answer NO, and makes sense.

Real and modeled EGT will change dependent on timing, so yes, that may trigger other corrections - in this case, fueling, not timing.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
majorahole

« Reply #213 on: July 24, 2015, 12:00:08 PM »

Spent five hours in IDA trying to find TLAFA for my software Roll Eyes
Most definition files don´t have it defined and the Damos files which have it are otherwise completely different in that region, making it impossible to find it through pattern comparison.
The assembly code didn´t produce any matches either.

The only definition file for a SW with matching layout (from majorahole) had TLAFA defined, however according to IDA it´s wrong too.
The TLAFA defined in his file was part of a 16-bit value according to IDA.

Anyone want to lend a hand?

Stock SW as attachment.
According to majorahole definition, TLAFA in that file would be at 1D470Ch address.
However it appears to be part of 16-bit value, according to IDA.
I'll look at mine and see, if I can figure that out. I've made some changes since my last upload of my map pack.
Basano

« Reply #214 on: July 25, 2015, 07:13:38 AM »

Could it have been superceded by a map - KFTLAFA, in later sw versions?

Axis are gear and rpm and map values are in seconds, like TLAFA. In fact, the multiple values in KFTLAFA are the same as the single value in TLAFA (0.2 seconds)

Nottingham

« Reply #215 on: July 25, 2015, 07:48:42 AM »

That´s probably the case as beyond the expected point of TLAFA there are significant differences.
I checked the TLAFA code at assembly level and in my software there are no matches in function wise.

The 1D4634h (without TLAFA) and 1D43BEh (with TLAFA) offsets are the first ones which match beyond this point.
There are identical values in this region, however their functions are completely different.

Nottingham

« Reply #216 on: August 31, 2015, 05:35:10 AM »

Isn´t lambts KFLBTS + (DLBTS * KFFDLBTS) during enrichment active on MED9.1?
Ever since I tried to do the fuelling with LAMFA, I haven´t been able to control the fuelling at all.
LAMFA and KFLBTS are were I want them to be, however the effective AFR is significantly richer than requested by either of these maps.

I already zeroed DLBTS values to disable the negative offset from the DLBTS * KFFDLBTS, however it made no difference what so ever to the output.
The fueling is switched from LAMFA to KFLBTS when the EGT exceeds the TAIKRBTS limit, however during the enrichment the fuelling is all over the place.

Also can someone explain what detazwbs exactly is?
It is delta of something, but what?
aef

« Reply #217 on: August 31, 2015, 06:05:15 AM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=141.msg58997#msg58997
Nottingham

« Reply #218 on: August 31, 2015, 08:30:57 AM »

Thanks, thats what I thought based on FR.

However it still puzzles me, which scalars still are making the modifications to KFLBTS if DLBTS is all zeroed.
Obviously KFFDLBTS contents become irrelevant with zeroed DLBTS (0 * x = 0), unless there are other scalars.
DLBTSGANG was zero to begin with.

Currently the actual lambda undershoots by 0.05 - 0.09 compared to what is specified via KFLBTS.
Nottingham

« Reply #219 on: September 01, 2015, 03:27:57 PM »

Based on the things I had to do in order to get back into control, I´d think it is safe to say that lambts in fact isn´t just KFLBTS/LBKO + (DLBTS * KFFDLBTS).

In order to get back in control I had to disable KFFDLBTS completely, by setting the whole map to zero.
Eventhou setting either of DLBTS or KFFDLBTS to zero should do exactly the same thing, it clearly doesn´t.
Setting the DLBTS scalar to zero made no difference what so ever, but disabling KFFDLBTS meanwhile did.

In addition I made another change to KFLBTSLBKO (KFLBTS while charge flaps are open).
Since I couldn´t think any reason to have two different KFLBTS maps for different situation, I simply copied the contents of the KFLBTS map to the KFLBTSLBKO map.
By default the KFLBTSLBKO map is even richer than the already extremely rich KFLBTS map. Based VAG documents the charge flaps on these engines stay closed between 1000-5000rpm
and the map itself pretty much confirms that. Below 5000rpm the KFLBTSLBKO map is leaner than the KFLBTS map, however exactly from 5000rpm and beyond the KFLBTSLBKO becomes much richer.

By default VAG basically has used KFLBTS for fueling on this ECU (8P0907115, 2.0TFSI AXX).
They have set the LAMFA map so lean (>= 0.9063 at all rpms) and the chamber EGT limit to so low (800°C) that it ensures that KFLBTS is used at all times Roll Eyes
BW K03 / K04 on TFSI engines should be rated to 1025°C continuous (1050°C peak) temperature, so based on that the stock EGT limit is ridiculous eventhou the two temperatures are not exactly the same.

The changes I´ve made:

- Calibrated LAMFA for optimal AFR at all rpms (best performance, but still perfectly safe to run)
- Calibrated KFLBTS in similar manner but with around ~0.06 lower lambda than in LAMFA map, to lower the EGT in case the safety limit is reached for whatever reason
- Copied KFLBTS over KFLBTSLBKO to disable the enrichment map changing at 5000rpm when the charge flaps open
- Set KFFDLBTS map to zero (to disable it)
- Set DLBTS map to zero (to disable it)
- Raised TAIKRBTS from 800°C to 950°C.

Eventhou disabling the two scalar maps may sound harsh, that´s what Bosch specifies in the FR (for DLBTS).

« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 03:29:43 PM by Nottingham » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #220 on: September 01, 2015, 03:37:08 PM »

I do something similar in ME7.1, even if prj hates numbing BTS.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
automan001

« Reply #221 on: September 02, 2015, 12:24:05 AM »

- Set KFFDLBTS map to zero (to disable it)
- Set DLBTS map to zero (to disable it)
It's not a good solution. Instead it's better to decrease these factors in desired areas but leave them unchanged for very bad conditions (when ignition efficiency is very low).
automan001

« Reply #222 on: September 02, 2015, 12:26:19 AM »

I do something similar in ME7.1, even if prj hates numbing BTS.
I thought that numbing in tuners world is something more intelligent than just disabling Smiley
Nottingham

« Reply #223 on: September 02, 2015, 06:53:49 AM »

I agree about disabling the KFFDLBTS and DLBTS, I don´t like the idea either but that´s the only method I could regain control Sad
I tried to calculate the expected lambts output with with KFFDLBTS and DLBTS taken into account, however the official formula of "lambts = KFLBTS + (DLBTS * KFFDLBTS)" didn´t produce the readings I was seeing.
Even with DLBTS set to zero I saw constantly 0.69 - 0.72 AFR even when KFLBTS/LBKO specified 0.82 at that point.

If lambts would be calculated with "KFLBTS + (DLBTS * KFFDLBTS)" formula then setting either (DLBTS or KFFDLBTS) to zero would disable the scalars completely.

I think I´ll try to look the software with disassembler to see how the KFLBTS, DLBTS and KFFDLBTS are used for lambts.
Since ME9 FR suggests that DLBTS defaults to 0.0 at all deltas, I don´t think the currently known formula is the whole truth.
Unless Bosch disables KFFDLBTS too, which is not the case.
Nottingham

« Reply #224 on: September 07, 2015, 10:04:21 AM »

Added 21 new RAM variables in my software yesterday, with the help of Basano´s great tutorial.

Since I have had several issues in controlling the EGT activated enrichment, I decided to log taikr_w to see how high it goes in a diagnostic run.
Currently I´ve turned down the settings significantly for diagnostic purposes and the peak boost is 1.2bar at 5000rpm.

At 6760rpm (1.03bar @ 0.79 lambda) the raw taikr_w value was 58484, which was the highest value recorded during the 3rd gear pull from 1700rpm.
taikr_w scale is 0.0234375 and it´s range is -273.15 - 1262.827.

Since the scale starts from 0°K I need to substract 273.15 from the value: (58484 * 0.0234375) - 273,15 = 1097.56875°C.

I also logged tabgkrm_w, tabgm_w, tabg_w and they all gave significantly lower values at lower loads, but exactly the same peak value.
tabgkrm_w & tabgm_w are exactly the same based on the output, so that doesn´t tell too much.

Any idea which else EGT related variables should I log?

Obviously these kind of EGTs shouldn´t be possible with these settings.
The turbo, DP and the rest of the exhaust have been swapped, however can it really throw the calculations out of order by this much?

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: