Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22
Author Topic: My Tial 605 Tune Thread  (Read 243693 times)
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #225 on: October 24, 2011, 10:11:43 AM »

yup... as usual i'm not ever done lol... i'll keep messaging this tune... I'm much happier with it over my previous ones.  also if you notice my accel. graph is a lot stronger and broader.

Now if I can just figure out how to get my damn inj pw lower then 1.7ms I would be one happy Audi driver Tongue

Also I'm now running W/M again just for info.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
judeisnotobscure

« Reply #226 on: October 24, 2011, 04:42:50 PM »

coming along very nicely.
u didn't hit the track with this one yet right?
I saw someone talking sh!t over on az about your time slip. lol, i doubt they could tune their way out of a wet paper bag.

I have a b5 s4
but i just want to dance.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #227 on: October 24, 2011, 06:29:01 PM »

Correct, I made this tune after the track (because of the track time actually lol)

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #228 on: October 25, 2011, 04:02:50 PM »

So ummm ya.... made another revision... this tune is starting to look VERY nice.... The car pulls really nice now...

this run was done slightly uphill in the poring rain kinda spinning (I barely have traction in 3rd as it is now from downlow) and netted me a pretty nice Accel. graph and 3.19 FATS..

Boost is @ max 25 psi... running W/M still...

Teaser of the logs:

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #229 on: October 25, 2011, 04:50:40 PM »

Do a HP/TQ log Smiley

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #230 on: October 25, 2011, 07:56:55 PM »

^^^ Is there a specific way to do that?

I just put the log into ECUxPlot and this is what it came up with... I'll have to try again when it's not raining and I'm not going uphill though lol...

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #231 on: October 25, 2011, 08:07:22 PM »

Full logs....

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #232 on: October 25, 2011, 08:14:51 PM »

^^^ Is there a specific way to do that?

Nope. You got it. There are constants in the vehicle setup area.. so you might want to twiddle weight, etc.

Also, if you log ambient pressure and temp, in theory, it should be able to do SAE correction.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #233 on: October 26, 2011, 05:31:33 AM »

So I'm going into hard  limp mode when pushing the accelerator to only around 20-25%... I get the code something along the lines of Torque Model 2 Exceeded....

Not sure what to do about it at this point... I'm going to try to be systematic about it, change one map at a time to resolve it.  But it's very annoying.

The car comes on extremely hard (too hard for 25% throttle actually), so my first guess is the reduce IRL from 1000 to 3500 RPM

s5fourdoor

« Reply #234 on: October 26, 2011, 10:38:04 AM »

sasha, holy crap man your tune might grace a 3.0 fats very soon.  that is fantastic.  f all the haters man, love it.

are you still running the 85mm + hitachi setup?  could you possibly share your MAF related tables for the good of the community.  I guess i was thinking MLHFM, but maybe also KFKHFM....

thanks bro, peace
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #235 on: October 26, 2011, 10:58:27 AM »

yes that's the plan... I need to get this TQ exceeded thing sorted now... or at least find out why my car feels like it wants to make 600HP @ 25 % throttle all of a sudden after the last small changes.

Yes still running the 85mm Hitachi... Basically my goal is to make it as fast as possible on the current setup, and it's looking promising.  No more boost, just tweaks to the ECU.

I am using the MLHFM from Tonys Stg 3 file... it really is IMO a VERY good scaling, I tried the old calculate the stock 73mm MLHFM and crap... it down right sucks compared to Tony's scale.

KFKHFM is set to 1.001 everywhere for now except for down low it's scaled back to 0.97 or so.... I haven't really played with it much.

But thanks for the encouragement! Smiley

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #236 on: October 26, 2011, 11:36:43 AM »

I am using the MLHFM from Tonys Stg 3 file... it really is IMO a VERY good scaling, I tried the old

Is his scaling not a constant %?

What scaling did you try?

ECUx Plot

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #237 on: October 26, 2011, 12:29:08 PM »

I don't know what his scaling is.. but it works great.

I tried Area, but I think I also tried Dia. although not 100% sure on that one.

berTTos

« Reply #238 on: October 26, 2011, 01:00:08 PM »

yes that's the plan... I need to get this TQ exceeded thing sorted now... or at least find out why my car feels like it wants to make 600HP @ 25 % throttle all of a sudden after the last small changes.

Yes still running the 85mm Hitachi... Basically my goal is to make it as fast as possible on the current setup, and it's looking promising.  No more boost, just tweaks to the ECU.

I am using the MLHFM from Tonys Stg 3 file... it really is IMO a VERY good scaling, I tried the old calculate the stock 73mm MLHFM and crap... it down right sucks compared to Tony's scale.

KFKHFM is set to 1.001 everywhere for now except for down low it's scaled back to 0.97 or so.... I haven't really played with it much.

But thanks for the encouragement! Smiley

I was experiencing this same code on my aggressive file.  Disable Torque Monitoring and it will cease.  The throttle will be a bit sharper but it's not at all wild or unrefined.

Here are the values required to deactivate Torque Monitoring (per the FR):

Table KFMIZUOF = 99.6% for all base points
Z - 11619 * 0.390625
X - 1008E * 40
Y - 1166D * 0.390625

Scalar TMNSMN  = -48 C
11676 * 0.75 - 48

Scalar TANSMN  = -48 C
11675 * 0.75 - 48

I attached a copy of Nye's mbox xdf w/ these params added to the Torque category
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 01:02:31 PM by berTTos » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #239 on: October 26, 2011, 01:04:48 PM »

Thanks bert, i will be adding that to both the wiki and the next map pack.

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22
  Print  

Jump to: