Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 42
Author Topic: Nefmoto community project: Stage1 2.7t ME7.1 S4 (APB 8D0907551M-0002)  (Read 461566 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #225 on: November 14, 2014, 10:22:57 AM »

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
turboat

« Reply #226 on: November 14, 2014, 12:02:56 PM »

Tried that list, me7logger complained about a whole bunch of them not being supported by the mbox.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #227 on: November 14, 2014, 12:40:05 PM »

Tried that list, me7logger complained about a whole bunch of them not being supported by the mbox.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nyetwurk/ME7L/master/ecus/extras_8D0907551M.ecu
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nyetwurk/ME7L/master/ecus/torque_8D0907551M.ecu

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
turboat

« Reply #228 on: November 14, 2014, 12:53:56 PM »

Thanks Nyet Smiley Is it common to have issues logging 2.7 A6s? The logger drops out when I start turn the key, it'd be really nice if I didnt have to hack into the wiring.
ddillenger

« Reply #229 on: November 14, 2014, 01:13:39 PM »

Thanks Nyet Smiley Is it common to have issues logging 2.7 A6s? The logger drops out when I start turn the key, it'd be really nice if I didnt have to hack into the wiring.

Change the baud rate to 38400, samples per second to 15. Should not have any issues. If you do, change connection to slow 0x00 and retry.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
ratherb1

« Reply #230 on: November 17, 2014, 09:29:28 AM »

massaged i limit how does this look? i want to add a little more boost but want you guys opinion first.... i think i still have some work to do as far as i limit .....i want to get rid of the notch
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 09:38:56 AM by ratherb1 » Logged

-ROMIE
armageddon

« Reply #231 on: November 17, 2014, 02:37:10 PM »

I had read that Cam changeover maps should be set to equal values

I solve the notch issue on mine by copy last column from KFPBRK to KFPBRKNW
kingkhalilz

« Reply #232 on: November 18, 2014, 04:06:20 PM »

I am trying to understand how the boost is determined. I have read a lot and still seem to be stumped. I understand that dd used LDRXN_1_A map as boost in his xdf. I dont understand how he got boost out of that. To my knowledge LDRXN_1_A is the max the load/boost can be. And KFMIOP is what the driver requests based on hill throttle what have you. KFMIOP is the actual percent of KFMIRL that the engine ends up getting.

So we control KFMIOP as a percent based on pedal and hill or whatever, this is then multiplied by KFMIRL to equal our actual load requested as long as this output is below LDRXN_1_A.

I still dont understand how one can predict a specific psi based off this requested "load" business unless there is a conversion factor. I am also confused as to what the axis are for these maps I realize one is rpm but the other is something difficult.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #233 on: November 18, 2014, 04:10:05 PM »

And KFMIOP is what the driver requests based on hill throttle what have you. KFMIOP is the actual percent of KFMIRL that the engine ends up getting.

No.. not really. It's complex. I have a description in the S4wiki but there is no way to summarize IOP in a single sentence like that

So we control KFMIOP as a percent based on pedal and hill or whatever, this is then multiplied by KFMIRL to equal our actual load requested as long as this output is below LDRXN_1_A.

definitely not Sad

I still dont understand how one can predict a specific psi based off this requested "load" business unless there is a conversion factor.

The load->boost path is very complex.

I am also confused as to what the axis are for these maps I realize one is rpm but the other is something difficult.

The S4wiki tuning page attempts to explain all the various inputs to the maps.

ECUx Plot

kingkhalilz

« Reply #234 on: November 18, 2014, 04:21:50 PM »

Well im like a chicken with my head cut off now. lol i have no idea whats going on. can you explain how KFMIOP and KFMIRL relate? My waste gates are cracking at 15 psi so i want to get my boost set to 17-18 so i can plug my n75 in and get that dialed in first. Why i am trying to understand how load requests boost.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #235 on: November 18, 2014, 04:24:00 PM »

Well im like a chicken with my head cut off now. lol i have no idea whats going on. can you explain how KFMIOP and KFMIRL relate?

Sigh. Please reread my post again.

My waste gates are cracking at 15 psi so i want to get my boost set to 17-18 so i can plug my n75 in and get that dialed in first. Why i am trying to understand how load requests boost.

Sigh. Please reread my post again.

ECUx Plot

kingkhalilz

« Reply #236 on: November 18, 2014, 06:37:53 PM »

IOP is solely for converting load to torque. Its value in the map is based on rpm and load. How does the part of IOP that is above 60% throttle found? This is the part there is no restriction, i understand that but i believe 60% throttle can be applied to any value of rpm. Thefore what is that 60% part.

When load corrected is put into IOP it results in max torque. It goes on to say that max torque will always be calculated from the portions of the map with loads higher than the minimum load corrected from LDRXN. The first sentence contradicts the second. If Load corrected is put in Iop to get Max torque then the portions of IOP map that are being used are the Load Corrected portions. It doesnt say anything about LDRXN unless LDRXN is Load Corrected. I guess i dont understand how LDRXN effects Load Corrected.

Current torque must not exceed torque limit. It says that if IOP is tuned incorrectly such a result can occur. We can raise IOP to Raise Max torque. It hasnt said anything about current torque except that IOP calculates it.

I have been re-reading this over and over. drawing diagrams all sorts of shit, its not clear to me. I ask this question here because i am a noob and followed this stage 1 thread and the next step or question i have is this concept.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #237 on: November 18, 2014, 06:49:37 PM »

IOP is solely for converting load to torque. Its value in the map is based on rpm and load. How does the part of IOP that is above 60% throttle found? This is the part there is no restriction, i understand that but i believe 60% throttle can be applied to any value of rpm. Thefore what is that 60% part.

KFPED converts pedal to torque. Pick the highest torque value for anything under 60% pedal, and you can put whatever you want in IOP there.

It doesnt say anything about LDRXN unless LDRXN is Load Corrected. I guess i dont understand how LDRXN effects Load Corrected.
rlmax (load corrected) comes DIRECTLY from LDRXN (rlmx)

PLEASE have the FR handy when reading this part of the Tuning page. There are NO shortcuts here. You have to put in the effort.

I have been re-reading this over and over. drawing diagrams all sorts of shit, its not clear to me. I ask this question here because i am a noob and followed this stage 1 thread and the next step or question i have is this concept.

There is literally no "noob" friendly way to explain this, much like the load->boost calculation..
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 10:55:34 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

kingkhalilz

« Reply #238 on: November 18, 2014, 07:30:15 PM »

rlmax (load corrected) comes DIRECTLY from LDRXN (rlmx)

So its trying to say that LDRXN will always be the input value to IOP for max torque?

KFPED converts pedal to torque. Pick the lowest torque value for 60% pedal, and you can put whatever you want in IOP there.

I thought IOP converts load to torque how can you input a torque?

EDIT***after reading a ton of posts it seems like no one knows fully what the hell is going on. people guessing IOP up or down or only playing with the last couple columns. It is separate from IRL but inverse functions lol some people code out the whole damn thing while others say they want the smooth torque delivery. The 60% throttle statement still makes no sense. I think im better off tweeking values and fixing mistakes than trying to really understand what is going on? IRL has to be raised to increase boost or load which in turn means IOP must be tuned. The last columns of IOP gives most people success.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 12:03:32 AM by kingkhalilz » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #239 on: November 18, 2014, 10:59:08 PM »

So its trying to say that LDRXN will always be the input value to IOP for max torque?

Look at the FR...

I thought IOP converts load to torque how can you input a torque?

Basically, based on IRL/LDRXN, what loads are only attainable at 60% ped or higher

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: